Monday, November 8, 2010

DRIZA-BONE

Remember a few weeks ago when my human got all freaked out because the end was near? Well, I guess the end finally came yesterday. We lost an hour of sun *and* it rained.

I don't know what the sun thing is about, but I do know I'm not a huge rain fan. And Dutch wants me to tell you that he likes rain almost as much as he likes having his butt messed with at the vet (Dutch really hates when the vet does stuff to his butt). As if the rain isn't bad enough, my human makes us wear these stupid yellow outfits whenever it happens. My rain outfit makes people go AWWWWW an
d that's cool - but it also has a dorky hood thing that pokes me in the eye. Not cool. At all.

Anyway.

So yesterday when we woke up to rain and darkness I was totally expecting my human to 1) freak out and 2) break out the dorky yellow rain suits. But for some reason she was all excited about the rain (not the darkness) and said she had a surprise for us. A surprise from the land down under, from our Aussie friends Mel & Nye. O
ur very own Driza-Bones!

DRIZA-BONE

In case you're not up on your Aussie stuff, Driza-Bones are not edible snacks. They're the rain outfits cowboys (aka "drovers") in Australia wear to keep dry. Really dry. Dry as a bone, Aussie Mel explained to us. Because Aussie people talk funny, dry-as-a-bone sounds like driza-bone, so that's what they call the cowboy rain outfits.

And they totally work! I stayed dry and looked very cool. There was no dorky hood but people still AWWWWed at me. Dutch chased invisible squirrels wearing his Driza-Bone and didn't even notice it was raining. He even posed with me for a picture. In the rain.

Together we give the Driza-Bones 8 paws up (
even though Dutch wishes they came in pink). If you have weather where you live and don't have an Aussie friend, I'm sure Google knows where you can get one. Uhm. A Driza-Bone I mean, not an Aussie.

Superthanks for the dry coolness Mel & Nye!


23 comments:

Minnie and Mack said...

Awww. lol, you 2 guys are awesome in your Driza-bones! I'm jealous. Mack and I basically refuse to "go" out in the rain. But SHE makes us! Looks like you guys had fun.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

DMBY said...

Wow, those look like the coolest rain coats EVAR. Thanks Australia!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Pug,

Total score from the Aussies -- you both look supercute in your Drizabones!

And it totally looks like Dutch is picking up your modeling skills and coming around to Nikon. Go Dutchman!

Licks,
Molly in PA

Wilma said...

Woah Puglet, you and Dutch look strapping in those matching drizza things. That is so cool that they keep you dry in the rain. I hate the rain. hate,hate,hate! It was, get this, hailing in my yard this morning, chunks of ice! What the... Do you think those things would protect a pug from ice chunks?

Noodles said...

Those are the coolest rain gear EVER!!!! My human just leaves me to get WET!!!! I think she hopes the little dry area UNDER the umbrella will suffice.
Ick!
Love Noodles

Anonymous said...

You two look like total hunks in those things...wow!

Pearl and Tessa

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Those are totally cool raincoats!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

THE PUGLET said...

Thanks Pearl & Tess & Wilma ~

I think I look kinda studly in the Driza-Bone too :)

My human says Dutch is faux-stud in his but I'm not sure what that means.

THE PUGLET said...

Noodles ~

Those umbrella things freak me out. They hover over your head and follow you *everywhere*. It's really creepy!

Tell your people to get you a Driza-Bone! They can become the official rain outfit of pugs everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,
You look like the pug version of Sherlock Holmes...totally awesome and oh so handsome.
Dutch can be the dalmation version.

Ellie, Emmitt and Eli from San Antonio.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky you get to wear a cool rain coat. My human still puts me into that yellow rain slicker w/the puffy hood. I look like a big sunflower!! Mom thinks I look adorable, I think I look like a dud!

Frodo

I Love Lucy said...

Oh My Goodness Puglet!

I love you and Dutch's Driza-Bones. You both look so handsome, and very cool, like you said. You have such great Aussie friends!

Pug Hug,

Lucy

THE PUGLET said...

Frodo, dude. You need to pull a Bellatrix and orb your humans into getting you a Driza-bone for Xmas. It will turn you from a dud into a stud. Maybe Molly can wear your puffy sunflower jacket?

(sorry Molly)

AJ said...

Sharp dressed pug!! (And Dutch too, of course)

Crabbie Chris said...

Let me just tell you guys, this picture does not do Pug and Dutch justice. I got to see them sport these in the flesh and WOW! Hubba Hubba for sure. You guys are sporting the latest fashion trend and Mel and Nye were super nice to bring it to you. If I wore clothes (ugh I'll tell ya about the latest mom "dress up" disaster) I would wear the drizzabone.

Pugs2Luv said...

You guys look great! We really miss seeing you at pugsun 'cause of all the rain but if everypug had a drizabone, we could have pugsun no matter what the weather.
Zoey & Phoebe

Suki said...

Hi Pug,
Oh my! You are really handsome in your new rain-gear! When you wear the new Aussie outfit, do you bark with an accent?

What a super cool gift for you & Dutch.

Hugs,
Suki

SpencerBartholomew said...

OMD!!!! I MUST have one!! MUST

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Suki~

Dutch already barks funny because he's from Dutchland. I wish I had a cool Aussie accent though.

THE PUGLET said...

Oh, Spencer B - you would look krazy good in a Drizabone and your Cayucos collar!!

Anonymous said...

You look pretty hard core in your driza, Puglet. Even Dutch looks pretty macho (although you look pretty bada**). I love how you guys are looking off into the distance like explorers or something. You totally look like you're ready for the Down Under.

Anonymous said...

Nice try, Puglet.

My Miss Yellow Hair has already tried that sunflower slicker and I managed to wrangle with the hood and yank it off and run away with it under the bed -- she got the clue not to try that again ;)

Licks,
Molly in PA

karen and capone said...

Hey Puglet and Dutch! It's been a long time since I have checked to see what you guys are up to. Handsome as ever, I see. (Me too, or so my human says!) --Capone (and his human, Karen)