Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MORE BACON THAN THE PAN CAN HANDLE


So, we went up to Sacramento again yesterday. Rupert's mom is helping with the Other 999 and Dutch needed some practice being at their house so he doesn't freak out when my human leaves him there next week. I looked for the missing pug signs but didn't see any and I really really hope that means he isn't missing anymore. 

Since we don't know for sure, I'm just going to pretend he isn't. Because who could think about bacon when some poor pug is missing? Well, I guess I could. But I'll pretend about that too. 


Now. The bacon. I've had this stash of bacon-y goodness for awhile that we've been saving for a 'special occasion'. And by 'we' I mean my human. If you ask me, bacon is for eating - not saving. But I'm not the one with the thumbs. 

Anyway. I think the 3 year anniversary of the DP is definitely a special enough time to break into the bacon stash. My human agreed... sort of. She thinks it would be even awesomer to give my bacon stash away instead of breaking into it.


Uhm. 

Give away my bacon stash? Without eating it? At first this sounded like a really bad idea, but the more I thought about it, the better it felt. One because I love you guys. And two because my human has been testing out the autofocus on the new Nikon (!!!!!) using me, Dutch + a bag full of marshmallows. Dutch is a really sucky marshmallow catcher so I've already eaten like half of a whole entire bag of them and I'm not sure my belly has room for any bacony goodness.




So. Before I change my mind, I hereby declare it Bacon Week. Starting tomorrow I will give away something from my Bacon stash. Since it's Wednesday and the week is half over, most next week will be Bacon Week too. My human says I have plenty of Bacony goodness to share. I say she better keep the marshmallows coming.

27 comments:

Noodles said...

Happy THIRD anniversary Puglet!!!! And might I add it has been 3 SUPER DOOOPER years! Please, describe for me the flavor of bacon. I am not sure my Veghead Mommys allow it en casa.
Love Noodles

Those Jersey Shore Puggles said...

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY PUGLET!

We weren't there way back at the beginning cuz we weren't born yet. We maybe joined you about 2 years ago and we're here now and we love you and Dutch and your HuMom and your adventures!

Congrats on your anniversary!

Roxi, Riley & Lea

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Marshmallows? We had no idea pugs like marshmallows. Your human should make you s'mores with carob instead of chocolate :) and bacon.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a snowball in your mouth! But that's just you catching your marshmallow from an aerial view!

Pugs make the best food catchers!

Jaco said...

Oh a very happy anniversary everyone - we love the daily puglet so much. How's the human today? Marshmallows and Nikon seem like a good sign - we were very worried after the last post. And you know, if you feel a need to send some bacony goodness to some poor little un-baconed Chicago pug, you know I'm right here... Pooches Smooches Puglet & Dutch!

Maggie the Pug in Dallas said...

Don't recall ever eating a marshmallow...thanks Puglet for the new treat that I just know I will get to try now! And Happy Anniversary...bacon for everyone? Count me in...and thanks for the pic of Dutch, uh, even tho he looked to be very bad at catching marshmallows!

Sammy and Neko said...

Happy Anniversary~ Baaaacooooon! How's your human's ear? Hope she is back to normal now.....

Hugs

Unknown said...

Did you say bacon? You've got my wholehearted attention, Puglet. I would even share with my un-baconed Chicago pug sweetie, Jaco!

xoxo,
Scoutie

Sue and Annie said...

Puglet, I hope you get in on the bacon stash..n I'll have Romeo whisper in your human's ear.

Anne said...

Our boy cooked a pan of bacon and didn't share a single nibble with us. Tonight we will poop in his shoe...
Buddy and Lucey

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Happy Anniversary!! We hope for another 100 years of DP:) Dutch must be happy to spent some time with petit Rupert:) our mom thinks he is soo cute, and Rupert and his mom are the lucky ones too:) but Pug please tell Rupert, that when he would see angry black pug, he must run!!! Bella can be realy mad!! Hugs PT

JessieJane said...

mmmmm Bacon. My human makes bacon all the time and does not share. I guess by her standards I am tubey I prefer to be called tube-alicious.

Daisy

Dutchess the Pug said...

Three years, that's great Puglet! I myself also love bacon. But do you know what I love MORE than bacon???? Sausages!! In fact, my mommy says I look like a sausge in it's casing....rounds and squat.

Here's to three years of the Daily Puglet!

Harry the pug from Oz said...

laughed and laughed and laughed at Annie's comment, so naughty, wish I was there.

Harry the pug from Oz said...

oh sorry congrats we love reading together. my human doesn't eat bacon either, sigh

Robin Mackintosh said...

We love DP, Puglet, Dutch AND bacon!
Odie, Ben and Pete

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Puglet! I wish I had found you a while ago. You, your human and Dutch make me smile everyday. My former pug Lola was also a poo-lover...she would go doody-hunting in the yard for cat poo! I am glad to know other pugs also enjoy this "delicacy!"

I hope your human's vertigo is better...it sounds just awful!
Love and snorts from Washington, DC!!

Pearl and Tessa said...

Happy 3rd pugniversy! How's about a bacon smore, you know, toast the marshmallow thing and squish betweent pieces of bacon..our human says we can try.....yeh, some day.

Extra JuJu to Amanda, and Dutch, if you need an extra dose of Pug, we will be happy to provide, we are pretty close to Sac!

Unknown said...

What - No Dutch for Bellatrix to love-on while you're in Atlanta and Florida? We love marshmallows too! We've never had REAL bacon, only bacon flavored doggy treats, it does sure sound yummy though. Congratulations on the Big 3! Many more anniversary's to come!

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

Happy Anniversary, Puglet! I've been following for about a year now and your posts always make my day!

And Pug, my pug, loves your snack suggestions. I can't eat a baby carrot anywhere in this house without him running in to get his share.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to the best blog!!!
Paula from DE

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Love the DP! Been reading it ever since we met you at Alta Plaza Park at Pug Sunday, you took the group photo, and told us about the blog!
Mo marshmallows and lovies from,
Eddie the Pug

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

As someone else says...
Pee Ess, could you please repost the Pug Sunday aforementioned photo as part of your 3 year blog anniversary celebration?
Just askin'

Pugs2Luv said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary! We looked it up & the gift for the 3 year pug anniversary is actually bacon. Next year we think its spam but we couldn't concentrate; too busy thinking about bacon.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

Hi Eddie, if you look in the archives the photo is in september

Pugs2Luv said...

OOPS Eddie. We were mistaken it is November.

Z & P

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Thnx Pugs2Luv! Just found the photo...what a fun day:)

smuge the pug also known as boo said...

love your blog
i love marshmellows too and bacon lucky im not really aloud to have tabble food but when i can i go for it