Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE HAT

Booger + The Hat

Superthanks for all the awesome ideas about a new collar for Dutch. And since a lot of us will never get to sniff butts, it's always very cool to get to know more about everyone. What I learned yesterday:
  • Most pugs are more fashion-forward than me, Dutch & my human. Combined.
  • Dutch isn't weird (about collars, anyway) he's just "European"
  • There's a store in San Franciso called Chengoo that I've never been to.
  • For some reason I really like the word Chengoo; it makes me happy.
Since we're on the subject of fashion accessories... my human says I should tell you about the, uhm, hat in today's picture (modeled by Booger). It's made from soft mesh and specially designed to keep pugs (and other dogs) from eating stuff they shouldn't. Stuff like poop. And rocks. And woodchips.

I'd heard about The Hat before - when woodchip #2 got stuck. But yesterday was the first time I saw one in action. According to Booger, The Hat is comfortable and sadly effective. He hasn't gotten to eat poop in like years. I saw another dog wearing one, a non-pug, and he could fetch a ball and everything.

The Hat is the genius idea/evil plot of a supernice local dog-walker lady named Ruth. If you have problems just-saying-no to things you shouldn't eat, maybe this is the accessory for you.

(sorry)

For more info about The Hat (aka the Doo-Doo Deflector) contact Ruth: redruthful (@) juno.com


* * * NEWS FLASH * * *

If you haven't checked out the Virtual Pug (and other dog and cat) Sunday gallery, it's gotten VERY cute. So cute that it's reached maximum cuteness capacity (there's a 100 cute limit).

We just added a second gallery to accommodate all this cuteness. So if you haven't sent in a picture of your cute virtual self, hurry up already!


Email your cute virtual self to: dailypuglet2@dphoto.com

Links to both galleries:

GALLERY #1: dailypuglet.dphoto.com
GALLERY #2: dailypuglet2.dphoto.com

If you have no idea what on earth I'm talking about, read this:

http://dailypuglet.blogspot.com/2010/08/virtual-pug-and-other-dog-sunday.htm
l


There's still some unidentified cuteness happening in Gallery #1, so if anyone knows the names of the mystery pugs, please make some noise.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

I sure hope my human doesn't see that .. uhm .. "hat", she'd be all over it, and it'd be all over me, and it just wouldn't be good. I enjoy wood chips and rocks *way* too much for that "hat" to show up on my doorstep.

Deleting my cookies so that she doesn't find this post!

Molly in PA

JJ Lynne said...

awww, poor Booger does not look thrilled about his new hat. I can understand the need for it though, since my James Dean loves to attempt to eat rocks!

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah Molly, better delete those cookies. Wait - cookies??

THE PUGLET said...

I don't think Booger minds the hat, so much as he doesn't like not being able to eat poop.

That kinda sad look on his face (and kinda horrified look on mine) came when he was telling me all the stuff he used to eat... but no longer can.

:(

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! That hat is just wrong! Poor Booger looks like he's about to jump off a tall bridge. There must be a better way to keep dogs from eating things they're not suppose to eat. I'm not smart enough to figure it out but I'm betting someone is.

Please tell your human not to get you the hat. It doesn't scream extrasupercute.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Stubbs!

I guess dogs with snouts can wear muzzles... but what else can you do for the snoutless?

Maybe the bee-keeper look will be in this fall?

Krista and Luna said...

Hey Puglet!

We tried to add a pic of Luna to the first gallery. Maybe the image was bad because we didn't see it. We will try to find a better one for gallery two.

Krista and Luna

DMBY said...

That hat looks suspiciously like the cone of shame!

Lola said...

My mom loves this picture a little too much- cracking her up! I'm not a poop/rock/woodchip eater, so I don't think I have to worry- I think Booger (best name ever) looks embarrassed by the crazy hat/bee-keeper mask thingy.
Sorry, Booger.
Lafayette Lola

THE PUGLET said...

Krista and Luna ~

It totally wasn't your picture! Gallery #1 is full and closed to any more cuteness. But Gallery #2 needs more!

Send your cute virtual self to:

dailypuglet2@dphoto.com

Sometimes it takes a little while for your picture to show up in the gallery. This morning it was like an hour before my cousin Sophie showed up.

Silly technology doesn't appreciate our cuteness!

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, I guess The Hat is kinda shameful looking. But I guess if you eat poop all bets are off?

I've cut back a little on the rocks. Having a harder time with the woodchips. Soooo tasty!

Noodle said...

OMD, PUGLET!! PLEASE DELETE THIS POST BEFORE MY HUMANS SEE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet, Me & my big sister love *CAT poop* including the litter bits attached. Dogs love poop, humans love chocolate. Question, would a human wear this HAT to stop eating chocolate.. we think NOT!
Eli and Ellie from San Antonio... Emmitt doesn't eat poop, he really doesn't eat much cept his food, pumpkin, green beans and peanut butter, and he's one thin pug not like us.

Anonymous said...

Puglet, we are trying to block this site from our human today...both of us just love bunny poop. Mom is landscaping the back yard, and talking to herself something about not being able to use bark mulch because of Puglet. Yeesh, ruin it for us, just because you talk about it so much, she is going to use something else!

Pearl and Tessa

PinkPug,INK. said...

Momma just looked in the gallery & noticed that my picture showed up twice- but she swears she only sent it once! & {GASP} is that a cat in the gallery??

THE PUGLET said...

Is OK. I think the gallery is overwhelmed by our collective cuteness. Thanks for letting me know you're not trying to be a gallery hog :)

My human just deleted a few extra virtual selves, so you're not alone.

Ollie said...

I agree with Stubby. That hat is so wrong; it's like he got his head stuck in a fan. To save himself any further embarassment, Booger should just say he's taken up fencing.

SpencerBartholomew said...

Stubby's got the right idea- two thumbs down to the hat-o-shame. I have five cat brothers/sisters and I don't eat the "taters" out of their stink box...I do, however, like dryer sheets and tissue. And paper. And cat toys. Ok, ok, ok...one time I tried a tater from the box-o-stink and mom had to fish it out of my jowels. Nice.

THE PUGLET said...

Oh Spencer B!

You're too funny. I've never taster a kitty tater, but anything that comes out of a 'box-o-stink' sounds awesome.

PS
My human eeeeeeewed big time at the fishing from jowls part. Hee hee.

Simply Pug said...

We feel bad for Boogers. Tell him we love him no matter what he wears!
~Baby and Lucy

Anonymous said...

OK, maybe, just maybe...a sword, and a cool feather sticking out of the hat would make you look pretty cool...Sir Boogs-a-lot ! Dashing really. Don't be talked into tights.

Pearl and Tessa

Pugs2Luv said...

We agree with Stubby. The "hat" doesn't scream extrasupercute. Please stop eating woodchips or we fear there may be a "hat" in your future. Somehow even if there is some sort of beekeeper hat craze phenomenon, we think the public may get tired of a supermodel in the same hat all the time. Of course we will always love you, no matter what you wear...but our consensus here is: No "hat," thank you.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

Crabbie Chris said...

Holy moly. I log onto you blog today Pug and I wanted to cry! That poor Booger!! Someone should put one of those on his mom or dad. If my mom ever tried to put that on me, I'd run away to Spencer's house. She knows better though, I won't even wear a sweater.
Booger cheer up, we're all here for you. Maybe you could chew a hole though that "hat" then he can get back to eating whatever he wants. poop and all.

Kitty+Coco said...

Dear Booger: You have been violated my friend! I will call the authorities for you. Shame on you Puglet for promoting this kind of torture device. 3 cheers for poop!

Coco
(Kitty is gagging and claiming she doesn't know me)