Monday, October 3, 2011

OH, THE WAITING

So, last Thursday me and Dutch got a little pink notice thingy from the postal dude. Pink notices are the best mail ever because it means someone sent us something that's too big to fit thought the hole in our door.

LOVE getting pink notices.


Well, mostly love. Because pink notices also mean the postal people won't let us have our stuff until after 11am the next day. Total torture when you're talking about a box too big to fit through the door.

Anyway. It took forever for after 11am the next day to come. And when it did finally come, my human said we had to wait some more because she had some stupid Frolic thing to do. Yeah, waiting + more waiting. Nice.

When we FINALLY made it to the postal office (at like 5pm) I almost had another heart attack when the
lady behind the counter asked to see my or Dutch's ID. I guess postal rules say you can't get your box unless they know who you are and since the box had our names on it, we needed to be ID'd.

Uhhhh.


Turns out postal lady was just kidding. Told us some story about some lady who got her cat an ID or something and then got in trouble when her cat got called for jury duty? No idea. But none of it was funny. I just wanted my box. It smelled so superyummy and the label said it came to me all the way from Canada!

But no. We had to stop at the stupid dog park first. Like I was really going to leave
my supertasty smelling box unattended to run around and play. Or even pee. No freaking way.

The waiting got even worse when we got home and my human insisted on taking pictures of us opening the box and Nikon's battery wasn't juiced. And when I thought there could be no more waiting, she fell asleep during the battery juicing and we had to wait until the next day.

And just so you can feel a tiny bit of what I felt having to wait for my box, you're all going to have to wait until tomorrow to see what's inside and who sent it to us. Because Frank is here again and we have a big day planned. But I promise it will be worth the wait. Totally worth the wait!

* * *

SATURDAY WAS SPECIAL
Let's all eat some cookies for Fergie in Carrolton, TX. I know mine will be special Canadian cookies ;)

PS: Here's a sneek peek for all you wait-haters:

26 comments:

Sabrina said...

So not fair Puglet! You who have waited so long should know how not cool this is!

I guess, I'll just have to be patient until tomorrow. I hope that is exchagne you'll give us some cute Puglet/Frank playing photos.

AND, if you have (or anyone else has) some updates on Gracie or Fredzik, or Murphy to see how the juju is working, that would be cool too.

THE PUGLET said...

Thanks for asking about everybody... Murphy + Fredzik, how are you??

I heard on Saturday that Gracie was not doing so good. I'll try to find out more...

(I think maybe I saw it's fredzik's day tomorrow? Maybe we could send more juju as a gift?)

Sabrina said...

Oops! Happy Day Fergie!

Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III said...

Oh the suspense, Puglet! I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to wait to open that HUGE box! You did a great job of protecting it though. You and Dutch are very lucky...Canadian cookies are awesome! Can't wait to see what's inside :)

Happy Day to Fergie! I'll be eating Canadian cookies too!

PS: Too funny about the cat in Boston ;)

Your feline friend,
Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III

Barbara said...

Oh man, Puglet, you had to wait, now we do? NO FAIR

Unknown said...

That's just cold, cowboy.

xoxo
Scoutie

Unknown said...

Horrid! I hate to wait 5 minutes to open a box that comes in my name!!! I know I would have pounced on your human to wake up!

Payton said...

Now Pug, this is just cruel and unusual punishment! Not only have we been waiting to find out about the TSS, but now this mystery package! Sheesh! I'm with everyone else that said NO FAIR! But hey, how did you get in the post office...didn't one time a while back some of the people got made at your human for taking you in there? I'm glad you were safe this time.
Love,
Payton
PS. A big belated birthday to Fergie!!

moPSY+MISIOber said...

First of all I want to THANK YOU !!! All my DP friends :) you are really awesome !!! And so far you juju is totally WORKING !!!!! and here is little note from Fredzik

http://misiober-inc.blogspot.com/2011/10/to-my-friends-payton-stewey-and-all.html

Puglet I hate to wait as much as you, this 24h will be tough!!! Gosia

Anonymous said...

WE CAN'T WAIT!! Waiting patiently is not our "thing" Puglet Baconator. Canadian cookies sound incredible. We want details tomorrow for sure. Love the picture of you and big bro, Dutch. You two are two handsome dudes .... standing in the door way waiting for some colorful harness girls to wander on by. OK, can't wait for tomorrow's post. I think tomorrow hits us before it gets to you guys.

Riley, Roxi & Lea
Those Jersey Shore Puggles

Happy b'day Fergie!!

moPSY+MISIOber said...

oh and I'm sorry about Gracie :( hope that she is doing beter now :( Please let us know Puglet!!!

and yes tommorow my sweet boy Fredzik has his 7 birthday :)

Ollie said...

Puglet,
You look like you mean business at the dog park. You're definitely giving off "don't come near my box or I'll go poodle on you" vibes. But you're right- the best way to protect your stuff, is to sit on your stuff.

Happy day Fergie!

Pug Slope said...

Aw Maaaaaan - quit teasing us, Puglet! I can barely wait the 18.2 seconds it takes my parents to prepare dinner and now you expect me to wait a whole day?!

-Love, Sid.

P.S. I love that photo of you sitting on top of the box. You didn't let that thing leave your sight for even a split second!

Noodles said...

TORTURE!!!!! You said a MOUTHFUL!!!! I almost feel as anxious as when my Mommy makes me sit and wait for the OKAY before I get to eat. Hey Mommy! Do you HAVE to look in that cabinet BEFORE I EAT??????
Love Noodles

Crabbie Chris said...

Ooooooooooo....a brown box...Hopefully it brings you delicious chewies...I know the agonizing feeling of waiting for the delicious brown box...

Anonymous said...

Happy Day to Fredzik & Fergie!! & Extra special JuJu to Fredzik, Murphy & Gracie - hope you all get better soon.

Ann, Fro, Molly & Cleo

Murphy said...

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all of the juju! Mom says I have the C-word but I don't know what that means. I throw up sometimes, but otherwise I feel good. I will keep fighting and keep everyone updated!

Anonymous said...

For Murphy extra juju about the c word.

Pug you are supermodeling your butt off in these photos!!
You totally have to be the top secret star of the TSS!!!

Happy day to Fergie!!!!

Paula from DE

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Everybody,

Yeah, sorry about the waiting thing. But now you know how it feels to me!

Murphy, I'm glad you're doing OK. Maybe your people will make you special foods and stuff to make your stomach feel better. The C-word sucks butt, but special eatables would be kinda cool.

Fredzik, dude! I'm glad the juju is working!! I'll send you a special batch for your birthday tomorrow :)

Gracie is going back to the vet today for a checkup. The Pug Rescue Lady will let us know what's up after that. Paws crossed for good news.

THE PUGLET said...

Heya Payton ~

A rescue pug just got your name from the list everyone made the other day. Now there's a midwest Payton and a west coast Payton. Cool, huh?

Oh - and the postal office. The one in our neighborhood loves us. We got yelled at in some other, not-so-cool one. Never setting paw back in there again!

Anonymous said...

You are a piece of work! What time tomorrow?

Pain said...

Oh, Puglet, the agony! but if you had to wait I guess we'll have to wait! WE feel your pain!

THE PUGLET said...

Ok, ok. For everyone who hates waiting as much as I do... I just added a sneek peek photo.

Mimi, Diva Dog Extraordinare said...

omg puglet, you look so joyful for the cookies!

Mary Lynn said...

What a wonderful picture! You never fail to make me smile, even on the worst of days!

Murphy and Gracie definitely are being sent good ju-ju vibes from Sadie and Maggie today.

Mary Lynn said...

What a wonderful picture! You never fail to make me smile, even on the worst of days!

Murphy and Gracie definitely are being sent good ju-ju vibes from Sadie and Maggie today.