Thursday, March 10, 2011

GUILT = COOKIES

Uh oh. I just remembered it's March. And it's been March for 10 whole days and I haven't told you about this month's Bubba Rose recipe.

I hope it's not mean to say it's all Dice-Puppy-Whatever's fault because even though he's at his new home, I think I'm still supposed to be nice. But it's totally his fault.

Anyway. One good thing about having to share your everything with a homeless puppy is you can totally guilt your human into baking you some cookies. You all know how much my human hates baking stuff, but last night we baked! Well, more like she baked and I just watched and waited for stuff to fall on the floor. But when it was over there were cookies.

I haven't gotten my human to actually make one of the Bubba Rose recipes. Yet. She says recipes are scary and mostly just uses stuff we have in the house, but the cookies are still yummy. Last night's cookies had a superspecial secret ingredient. It wasn't bacon, but it was close. I'll tell you all about that tomorrow. For now, here's an actual recipe...

From the Bubba Rose Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook:

Luck of the Irish Wolfhound


1 c. oat flour
1 c. brown rice flour
1 1/2 c. tightly packed spinach leaves
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. oat bran
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 egg
1/2 c. water

* * *

Preheat oven to 350 Puree the spinach leaves in a food processor until smooth. Combine all ingredients together and mix until a dough forms. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Use a shamrock shaped cookie cutter (or a knife) to cut out the shapes.

Place on an ungreased cookies sheet (they can be close together as they don't grown much while cooking). Bake 20-25 minutes. Transfer and let cool completely on wire rack. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,
We hate to tell you this but our mom bought the Bubba Rose cookbook too and has yet make us anything from it. Something about when she's ready to bake cookies and if the stuff needed isn't in the pantry she's not driving to the store. Whatever.....

Anyway she has another book that says its for small dogs another whatever..... as long as we get cookies.

Because of you our mom refuses to buy cookies, she makes them something about knowing what goes into them and they are healthier for us.

She has two super sub sonic secret ingredients and yes we will spill the beans!

#1 - white cheddar cheese
#2 - honey

Oh, and she quit using a cookie cutter, something about it takes too long, now she uses a pizza cutter and just makes squares, boreing!

Ellie, Emmitt and Eli the snitches from San Antonio

I Love Lucy said...

Hey Puglet,

Thank you for sharing the Bubba Rose recipe. I'm going to put on my bestest, cutest pug face and see if my human sister will make some for me, oh and my furry siblings too, I guess. She in culinary school, and she may as well practice those cooking skills to use on some awesome dog cookies.
My mommy wanted me to tell you that she just loves your blog sooooo much. It makes her laugh, it makes her cry, gives her great tips, and makes her feel all warm and happy on the inside. I guess that kind of happy would be like me getting a huge bowl of treats and not having to share. Hehe. One can dream!

Love ya'

Lucy

Gabby aka "The Gabbinator" said...

Mighty Puglet,

Is there a Bubba Rose book for kittys?

Somehow we kittys always get left out of the super good food receipes.

Thanks,

Gabby

Minnie and Mack said...

We thought maybe you were cooking since you were there on the counter!

Lucky Dog!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Suki said...

Hi Pug,

You have heard me say this before, you have special-being-on-the-counter powers. Do confess your secret. I would love to help my Mom cook and secretly sample the food. Of course to make sure its safe for consumption. Hehee.

Hugs,
Suki

Anonymous said...

Puglet,
Please post again soon. We're all worried about you here in this Iowa house with those big waves and all the shaky ground happening.
Megan and
Rosie, Emmett, & Madgie

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Hope you're ok !!!! ane will be !!! let us know about the situation in SF, kisses and hugs from Poland !!!