Tuesday, March 15, 2011

NO RECIPES

Sorry about all the leakage I've been causing lately. I really don't like it when humans leak, so today let's talk about something 100% leak-free.

Food!

And by food I mean cookies. But not just any cookies. Our cookies. Y'know, like you and me.

Nothing against Bubba Rose's awesome recipes, but we all know how some humans feel about recipes. And grocery shopping. And certain ingredients. Like bacon grease. So I thought it'd be cool to do our own cookie-making book. One with supereasy recipes full of -ishes (like 1 cup-ish of water, etc) and made from whatever's lying around the kitchen.

The Daily Puglet No-Recipe Cookiebook!!

So. Break your diets and start cooking because this cookiebook needs your favorite No-Recipes. And Kitty No-Recipes too!

OK. Even though this is a No-Recipe book, there are some rules. Well, some shoulds.

Your No-Recipe should be:


1. Made from ingredients you have in your kitchen right now.
B
ecause some kitchens (like ours) are superlame, you can add one superspecial ingredient from the store.

2. Easy to make (-ishes and good!)

3. Supertasty.

Send your no-recipe along with a picture to dailypuglet[at]gmail.com. A picture of your cute self would be supercool, but you can send a picture of your cookie, of your special ingredient, of your toes - doesn't matter. Just make sure you send a picture (and please just one so my human doesn't have to agonize over which one to pick).

Be sure to:
  • give your No-Recipe a really cool name
  • tell us who made it up
  • where you're from (optional)
  • what inspired the No-Recipe (optional)

No-Recipe deadline: Monday March 28th.

My human will put all your recipes together in an online-booky thing (PDF) so everyone can read + taste them. And I'll share the booky-thing with everyone here on April 1st.

11 comments:

I Love Lucy said...

Puglet,

You're a genius! How super-cool! I'm so excited. This means not only do I get cookies, but my people get to look at more recipes, which could mean even more cookies - for me. Woo Hoo!
I'd better put on my bestest, awesomely, adorablest face for my non-fur, cooking sister.

Love Ya'

Lucy

Barbara said...

Ooh, fun!

Anonymous said...

P.Tuna and I are gonna get right to work on a cookie recipe!P.Tuna has promised to taste-test to make sure they are pug-approved!!

Licks,

Mrs. D

Noodles said...

LOVE it.
Love Noodles

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the no-recipie book. Does it also mean it will be a no-messipie? heehee

Anonymous said...

Puglet,
You just unleashed (no pun intended) the cookie baking side of our mom. She finds recipes and uses this & that then mixes in stuff, bakes it and we get to eat cookies!!!

Mom is now on a mission to figure out which no-recipe/recipe she wants to send. So much thought... we hope her hair doesn't fall out.
Ellie, Emmitt & Eli from San Antonio, TX

Anonymous said...

Puglet, we can't watit to see what YOU come up with. I bet if you had your way it would be tons of hot dogs and/or bacon : ) It would be a cookie wrapped around a hot dog!

Peggy2957 said...

Hi Puglet,

I am SUPER excited about this recipe or should I say NO recipe idea. That means I'll have to taste test :). This is going to be soooo much fun!!

Benny

Ollie said...

Puglet,
Just for you, my human is going to attempt to use the oven this weekend and make that meat cookie recipe I mentioned.

Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III said...

Great idea, Puglet!! I have some fantastic ideas for kitty cookies. I'll get my mom and dad to whip up some samples and send you the best one!

Your feline friend,
Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty! Can't wait to see it!