Monday, March 28, 2011

JUJU BITES

Big fat thanks to everyone who sent me a No-Recipe! Right now our cookie-book is more like a booklet, so my human said I can give everyone a few more days to send in their stuff (details here). Like, say, until Wednesday night.

Because Dutch got violated at the vet, he got to make up his No-Recipe first. We used up most of the flour and stuff when we made the hotdog cookies, and my human didn't feel up to going to the store, so we did a thing called "improvising".

I'm pretty sure that's just a fancy word for making stuff up as you go along.

So we raided the cabinets and Dutch picked out his ingredients.
He's not supposed to eat much meat (the whole stone/Dalmatian thing), but he was feeling pretty icky so my humans said OK to some chicken broth as his Special Ingredient. Except last time she bought broth, she got chicken + rice soup by mistake, so we used that instead.

The oats, Cheerios, Booty, Parmesan cheese, apple, chicken + rice soup and some garlic all went into the choppy thing. A bunch of noise later, we had a very weird goopy-but-fluffy dough.

My human rolled the dough into aerodynamic balls for easy swallowing, stuck them in the oven, and 30 minutes later we had cookies. Dutch says the official name for them is "Juju Bites" and they are suuuupertasty. Don't worry - the whole No Recipe will be in our book/booklet.

I'm still working on my No-Recipe. I just can't decide what Special Ingredient to use. I totally want it to be bacon, but I don't think I can talk my human into doing that ever again. Even for this. Dutch took the San Antonio pugs' advice on cheese and his cookies are awesome.

I totally want my cookies to be even better than Dutch's. Any ideas??

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busted! Yea, I'm still trying to come up with a good no-recipe.
Dutch's Juju Bites look real yummy. For someone who claims she doesn't bake, your human has some cool creativity.
I was thinking about your bacon desire.... did you know you can buy pre-cooked bacon? Just pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds and voila - Bacon without the mess. Turkey bacon is also very yummy and a lot less offensive to non meat eaters. And you can freeze it too (before you cook it).
Thanks for the extension.
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the extension also, hopefully we can get to it tonight!

Well, from what I just read on Yahoo news, sounds like GMA should have skipped you know who and video'ed Puglet...lip synching, etc.

Pearl and Tessa

Noodles said...

Workin' on that recipe Puglet. I want it to be PERFECT for you.
Thanks for extending the deadline.
Love Noodles

Crabbie Chris said...

Mom says she's keeping an eye on my waist line (especially since I am on exercise restriction), so I only get my dog food and a small piece of chicken when putting goop in my eyes. I'll see what I can get out of her (I can't even orb her into submission!) I'll see what I can conjure up though.

Barbara said...

Dang it! I'll get you my recipe quickly!

I'm glad Dutch is doing better!

Ollie said...

Puglet,
I've been brainstorming for you and came up with the following combo: salmon, cashew butter, maple syrup, Lucky Charms.

Noodle said...

Pssst... puglet.... Sabrina's right, there is pre-cooked bacon! My humans SWEAR by it. They get a big ol' package from someplace called Costco and they put it in the freezer. Every so often they take out a few pieces and microwave them!!! You TOTALLY need to get your human to buy the ready-made bacon!! Supereasy!!! Just sayin'....

Gabby aka "The Gabbinator" said...

Puglet,

PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

My human says it is the best invention known to man and kitty kind!

As long as there is peanut butter in the house she is happy.

We love it too, especially on our kitty snacks.

Give it a try, you will like it!

Gabby

Bella said...

Yeah, I was thinking what pugtails is thinking: for someone who says she can't cook, your human is pretty darned creative with the ingredients! My mom has been trying real hard to think up a cookie treat for your booklet but since I can't have any kind of flour, she can't come up with a good cookie recipe for you so she told me to pass along her super special ingredient she hasn't been able to figure out how to use. here it is: CAROB CHIPS. Apparently, they are.....ready for this?.....CHOCOLATE FOR DOGS!!! Now that she's told me that, I am going to pout until she figures out SOMETHING to make with them!

Hey, I just thought of a no-recipe! How about CAROB chips dipped in peanut butter?! Ok, I'm gonna go tell my mom to try this out with a photo and send it to that email thingy. Gotta run!

Snorts and snarfles,
Bella

Pugs2Luv said...

This has become quite the challenge for our human...she's good at improvising recipes but inventing one of her own. The pressure might be more than she can take. We'll see what we can come up with out her.
Luv Zoey & Phoebe

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,
Our mom got crazy last night when she was making cookies. She ran out of honey so she improvised with sugar free apricot preserves. She thought what the heck, she uses dried fruit in our other cookies why not preserves.

They were pretty good too, she let us chomp on a few after our hour long walk that started at 9 last night.
The tired San Antonio Pugs
Ellie, Emmitt and Eli
PS, so your mom used cheddar cheese in cookies, tell her about apricot preserves !!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet, tell your human that you can buy bacon that's already cooked. It's perfect for no-recipes.