Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SYOP, DUTCH STYLE

I think you are all quite aware about my feelings for Nikon. But if you don't know, that soul-stealing box with the creepy black eye freaks me out. I don't like when humans look me in the eye and humans pet me and sometimes give me food. Nikon just... stares.

Although this 1000 Pugs thing sometimes makes me feel like a zero, I was very happy not to be a pug when my human came up with the idea to have a 'Shoot your own pug' photo contest. Until she decided there must also be a non-pug version so nobody would feel left out. Now Nikon will be staring at me. And everyone else too.
Thankfully the contest is also about food, so we'll be eating during the staring.

If you are a pug, you should read the 1k Pugs blog for details.

For non-pugs, the rules are mostly the same (except for #3):

1) Photo must contain a Thanksgiving holiday food item OR proof a holiday food item was recently inhaled


2) If you don’t believe in Thanksgiving or don’t live in the US, you can still participate. Just stick a sweet potato or some other holiday-type food item in a picture to make it official.

3) enter your non-pug photo by email: dailypuglet-at-gmail.com from Nov 24 - Nov 30th

*pugs, please don't email photos. yours go on facebook. my human's brain will explode ! *


We'll post all the non-pug pictures here. I don't know what your prize will be (just in case kitties want to be part), but I will pick one out just for you. I can't promise that it won't be pink.

Happy eating to everyone! Pugs, non-pugs and kitties too...

17 comments:

moPSY+MISIOber said...

The most gorgeous dog model doesn't like camera, how it's possible :) Love you Dutch and your edition of the contest and can't wait for all non-pug pictures ;) Ollie ?? :)

Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III said...

Hi Dutch!

Yes, I would love to participate in the Dutch-Style, Non-Pug photo contest. We had Thanksgiving last month but I have absolutely no objections to Round 2. And, just so you know, I would be 100% comfortable receiving a pink prize :)

Your feline friend,
Ernest Merriweather Picklebottom III

Maggie the Pug in Dallas said...

So good to see you again today Dutch! You always make me smile! There's a cat in the house that lives with us, I like him and he likes me but I think I will keep his cuteness out of all this and just stick to all pug stuff and not even tell him what is going on. Uh, do you think that is mean? I just call it sneaky but feeling kind of bad that I never mention him and now that EMP III is going to enter I feel I should enter Lucky too. Just don't know what I will do....

Payton said...

Dutch, you are such a good sport to put up with Nikon for the sake of this non-pug contest! I know it will make the non-pugs out there feel included in 1000 Pugs.
Love,
Payton

Ollie said...

Oh, geez....I love the eating part but that means she's going to be following me with that one-eyed soul-stealing box!
But on the plus side...she has to go to the grocery store and buy me a whole pumpkin pie. Which will be all mine because she can't stand pumpkin pie. Or maybe some other Thansgiving-y eatable.
Oh, I don't know...I'm happy and freaked out at the same time!
P.S. Maggie, I'm voting to have your cat Lucky enter. All of us non-pugs should suffer, I mean enjoy this together.

Opaka said...

So exciting! Does butternut pumpkin count as a holiday food?

THE PUGLET said...

Opaka,

Yes! Anything festive or autumnlike or tasty counts as holiday food.

Ollie,

I don't want to come between you and an entire pumpkin pie, but we had the same problem at our house (anti-pie human). Our human bought whipped cream for us to eat instead (tasty, kinda festive, goes on pie).

Ok, she also ended up bringing homeany a pie. She asked the bakery man if they had a 'defective' one that might be too ugly for a human but totally eatable for a dog. The bakeman thought it was funny and gave her (us!) a pie. Pumpkin variety.

Ollie said...

Dutch,
The best part of this contest is my human having to go to the supermarket. Last trip was about three months ago (she's no domestic goddess). After wandering aimlessly, lost and confused, she'll grab my pie and probably some wierd stuff that make no sense like mango relish, coconut water, fish sauce and jello. This should be interesting...

Buddy said...

happy total tubular eatables at Casa de Puglet!!!!! Enjoy the festivities!! Can't wait to see all the animal pics!! YAY!!!
Dutch, don't worry about the freaky Nikon eye, I think you have that in common with your human. :D If I recall, there are only 4 pics of her out there on the interwebz.

Sammy and Neko said...

Gobble responsibly....

Sammy

THE PUGLET said...

Hello EMP3,

Thank you for not being afraid to show your pink side. We wish you a very happy Round 2 Holiday!

:)

THE PUGLET said...

Hello Maggie,

I'm staying out of this. Kitties have claws and claws are scary. Happy eating!

THE PUGLET said...

Thank you Payton. I will happily model for pie. The whipped cream is scary.

THE PUGLET said...

Dear Ollie,

I've never eaten mango relish, coconut water, fish sauce or jello and am not even sure what food groups they are in - but a trip to the supermarket is always a good thing, right?? Especially if your human never goes.

I bet she'll feel huge amounts of guilt once she gets there and will end up bringing home all sorts of goodness (+/- jello). It won't put her in a bad mood either (like it did ours) because your 'whole entire freaking country' won't be at the store buying turkeys.

Happy Eating!

THE PUGLET said...

MizzTree,

You are right about my human not liking the soul-stealing stare of Nikon. For some reason she has no problem pointing it at me though :/

THE PUGLET said...

YES!

Gobble responsibly....

:)

Anonymous said...

Dutch I love this picture of you! Great position for a good back scratching! I hope you get pie and all kinds of Thanksgiving goodness! Happy holiday to the whole Casa de Dutch gang!
Paula from DE