Wednesday, June 27, 2012

BACON BACON!


I wasn't kidding when I said the delayed birthday goodness started with bacon and ended with bacon. Because yesterday my human took me to meet the Bacon Bacon truck.

Uh huh. Bacon. Truck.

And I didn't just get to meet the Bacon Bacon truck. I got to eat it too. Seriously. There was so much bacony goodness, it was kinda hard to decide what to eat. Bacon grilled cheese? Bacon taco? Bacon caramel corn? It all sounded soooooo good.

I didn't want to waste any time with bread or cheese or taco thingys, I was there to eat some freaking bacon. So I decided to get a bunch of bacon (AKA, the Bacon Bouqet). Until I heard my human talking about some salad-y eatable with chicken-fried bacon on top. I had no idea what chicken-fried bacon was, but it sounded even better than a bouquet.


I didn't want to mess with salad any more than I wanted to mess with bread, so I asked my human if I could skip the vegetable part and just get the chicken-bacon. She must have felt reeeeealy bad about making me wait an extra day for my birthday and asked the Bacon Dude if we could get a special order of the chicken-fried bacon by itself.  

Go big or go home, she said. Whatever that means.

Get in my belly!
Dudes understand bacon so of course the Bacon Dude said yes. I'm pretty sure he even threw in an extra piece or two because he grew up with pugs and knows we deserve all the extra pieces we can get. If my human was the Bacon Dude, I'm sure I'd get to eat bacon every single day.

Anyway. I didn't have to wait very long for my chicken-fried bacon. The whole chicken-fried thing is kinda confusing because there didn't seem to be any chicken involved, but who really cares about chicken when you're eating bacon anyway? I know I don't.


It took me about 30 seconds to finish all my bacon. And even though I'm not 100% sure what I actually ate, it was definitely bacon. And completely awesome.

#1 best birthday ever.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that you got bacon-goodness! I'm sure it was worth the wait. I love the "get in my belly" picture!

Penny the pug

Anne said...

Awesome score Puglet!Happy belated birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Happy bacon-y birthday... even though it was a little late, it looks like it was worth every last minute of the wait!
Now how can I score myself some?

Lafayette Lola

Jasper, Sarge, and Pepper said...

Pug, I'm so happy for you. That was definitely worth the wait. Is the bacon dude single? Maybe you should try to fix him up with your human so you can have bacon every day!

THE PUGLET said...

Penny ~ Phew. I was worried that picture made my tongue look fat.

Anne ~ Yes. 1,000,000% totally worth the wait. If you ever see a bacon truck - chase it.

Lola ~ I don't know if the Bacon Bacon truck goes to your side of the bridge, but if you're ever over on our side I'll totally hook you up.

Sabrina PugTails said...

Who needs cupcakes when you can have bacon! I am so totally jealous of your Bacon Bacon truck experience.
Even though it came a day late, I am so glad you ended up having a wonderful birthday.
Licks,
Sabrina

Dutchess the Pug said...

What a fabulous birhtday! I'm so glad it paid to wait a day or two. All that bacon sounds like a dream come true.....you better be careful, Bellatrix is gonna love biting your back fat even more if tastes like bacon!

Happy Birthday again, Puglet. Your human is very generous, your her number one Pug!

Noodles said...

Haha Puglet! Those pix of you eating bacon are so funny - but dude, you sure look happy. I have had little bits of bacon when Auntie T makes the real stuff. She "drops" a lot when she cooks. I always stand real close to her, too. Anyhoo - it is totally awesome foodable and congrats on finally getting your birthday bacon.
Love Noodles

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We think that may be the best pug tongue shot ever Puglet! and the most awesome birthday bacon a pug could ask for! Rock on birthday boy!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Payton's mom said...

Pug, I just wanted to tell you that this post made me smile from ear to ear. I'm glad you had an awesome, bacony day, and thanks for making mine.
Love,
Christy

Pearl and Tessa said...

You scored dude, and didn't even have to wear a cone hat. Happy Birthweek, Birthmonth? Make the most of it!

Anonymous said...

A whole truck full of bacon?! That's sounds too good to be true =O What a perfect birthday meal! Is it cupcake time pretty soon?
Love from Bruno & Diesel (and Mom, of course) ♥♥♥

THE PUGLET said...

OOOOOH

By the time I woke up from the bacon coma, I'd TOTALLY forgotten about the cupcake. Of course my human forgot because she forgets everything.

Must find cupcake.

THE PUGLET said...

p+T ~

Birthday #4 was 100% cone-free

:D

Maggie the Pug in Dallas said...

Puglet....you just described the best birthday ever! I can't believe you got chicken fried bacon! Oh man, you must've been in heaven...and I know I am gonna be dreaming bacon tonight for sure!

Anonymous said...

Puglet, It looks delicious and so do you!

Anonymous said...

Love your bacon story! it will live in DP history!

Fritter from the Lo-Flo said...

We saw the Bacon Bacon Truck Dude on Conan awhile back. You are one lucky pug!
Love the pictures.

Suki said...

Hi Pug,
Happy belated bacon birthday. Seeing you gobble down the bacon, makes me think of when you gobbled down half of my Mom's hamburger in about 1.5 bites when we were at the Love Shack. Hehee, snort.

Hugs,
Suki

Paula from DE said...

That is awesome!! Bacon fried like chicken!!! And the picture of you getting ready to eat it is priceless! I saw today in a magazine that burger king has a bacon sundae. That might be good to have with your cupcake!
Happy bacon-birthday Pug!!!

dw said...

Happy Birthday a day late, Puglet! Bacon is the bomb! <3 Looks like you had a baconlicous day!

Hal and Opal said...

So.Jealous.

That bacon truck looks amazeballs! We need to get our human to score some good stuff for us on our special day!

Your human did a great job making your belated special day extrasuper special.

And love the pics.....you look so HAPPY!!

Your friends,

Hal and Opal

Anonymous said...

Forgot, huh? Well. We expect a stale cupcake pic tomorrow =P
Sweet dreams, Puglet & company!

love from Bruno & Diesel ♥♥♥

Jaco said...

Best pictures ever! Congratulations on your much deserved bacon day Puglet!

Anonymous said...

Oh is this a dream? This truck probably never leaves the state of California so not likely it will be making its way to Florida any time soon, but pugs can dream.
Oh Puglet, you do look so happy! Better late and with bacon - we think it trumps cupcakes any day!
♥ Oscar & Cubby from FL