Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MONDAYS MAKE BAD BIRTHDAYS


Well, my birthday never did happen yesterday. That's right. I went to bed sad and with a belly full of dogfood. But not because my human forgot about or doesn't love me. At least I don't think that's why.
Because according to my human, the reason my birthday never came is because Monday is a really bad day to have a birthday. At least if you want to eat cupcakes to celebrate it.


Apparently cupcake stores are closed on Monday. Yeah, I know. It sounded like a pretty lame excuse to me too until she showed me pictures of the CLOSED signs on not one but TWO cupcake stores.
Then she told me some story about the time she rescheduled her 30th birthday because her dog Moby had cancer and needed help going to sleep that day. Of course she totally forgot about moving the Big Day and was supersurprised when all her friends celebrated her Big 3-0 a few months later.

Best birthday ever, she says.

So even though I was kinda really mad about not having any birthday yesterday, I'm pretty sure good things are on the way soon. Like, TODAY. I mean, it makes total sense. Why settle for a Monday birthday with no cupcake when you can just wait until Tuesday?

I'll keep you posted on whatever goodness happens. It seriously better be awesome.

* * * 


UPDATE!
The cupcakes have landed. At least I think they have. My human said I'm not allowed to eat whatever's in this box until later.

LATER!

Isn't it already late enough??

Ugh. More soon.... I hope.

* * *


MORE!
Oh. My. Bacon. Some serious birthday goodness just happened.  

Serious goodness.

You might have to wait til tomorrow to read about it though - I'm kinda full and really need to sleep some of it off. Must make room for whatever's in that Noe Valley Bakery box.

I will give you a hint though: starts with bacon and ends with... BACON!

22 comments:

Sabrina PugTails said...

How crappy that the bakeries have conspired to ruin your birthday. I just know your human is going to put something nice together for you.
Licks,
Sabrina

moPSY+MISIOber said...

So today you Human must make them double !!! We know it will taste as good as it would yestarday :)
Puglet and you really must come to Poland ! when you'll do these will wait for you :)
Happy Day After Birthday's Birthday :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=421620404549277&set=a.102590459785608.1421.101716086539712&type=1&theater

Those Jersey Shore Puggles said...

The very bestest things are always worth the wait and remember too, the longer it takes before you celebrate, the longer it'll be before you have to wear the dreaded cone party hat.....

Happy **BIG 4** Birthday, Puglet.

Roxi, Riley & Lea

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that explains it! It's hard to go out to eat here (or anywhere, probably) on a Monday , unless it's a chain restaurant. I guess people & pugs don't need dinner or cupcakes on Mondays =/ Still, you're a blessed pug; you went to BED with a FULL belly. Lots of pugs don't have beds or bellies full of dogfood. I hope to adopt one someday & show him how good life can be =) In the meantime, I can't wait to see what your human has in store for you! Lots of love from me & the 'boys' Bruno & Diesel ♥♥♥

Noodles said...

Puglet
I firmly believe a birthday should last for a week or more.
Take my birthday - it is July 4. Just TRY to arrange a birthday party on July 4! It ain't gonna happen.
Anyhoo
I am glad your big day can happen today.
Love Noodles

Bailey and Buddy said...

Maybe your human will feel really guilty and get you TWO cupcakes! We can't wait to see you in South Jersey in October!!!

Maggie the Pug in Dallas said...

Oh man...I just know it's going to be awesome! It has to be cuz you've waited so long now...and been so patient about it...I can't wait to hear all the good stuff that goes on today!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Birthdays last at least a month, so not to worry Pug. We know your human has something planned. How couldn't she, right?

Xoxoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

Hal and Opal said...

We can't wait to hear about what your human is going to do for your birthday! That sucks that you didn't get cupcakes on your actual special day but we know your human will get you something extrasuper special today to make up for it!

Happy 4th Birthday!

Your friends,

Hal and Opal

Jaco said...

Have the best birthday week ever Puglet! Yes, we think one day is too short so me and mom believe you should have at least a week for everyone to wish you a happy birthday. Much love from your Chicago pal ~ Jaco

Otis from the Sunshine State #268 said...

Oh, Puglet, I sincerely hope you are getting to enjoy some cupcakes this very minute. You can totally pretend that today is your birthday. Have a good one, dude.

Sammy and Neko said...

Wish you very MEATY birthday, Puglet!! Cupcakes are nice, but can't beat real MEAT !!

Lovies

Dutchess the Pug said...

Oh Puglet, I sure hope it was worth the wait! Cupcakes...yummy! Your a lucky pug. My ganny recently had a birthday and she elebrating all week! You should celebrate all week too!!

Anne said...

We're with the group consensus...it is your birthday WEEK so you get to party all week :) It started off with a big celebration and parade right by your house and everything!

Anonymous said...

Darling Puglet,

HAPPY 4th Birthday. Yes! You should have an entire week for your birthday with BACON every day and cupcakes, too. Make trips to as many cupcake stores as you can. Maybe you can find bacon cupcakes.

My hooman says that when she was little she used to eat hotdogs with bacon wrapped around them. Sounds like birthday food to me.

Love,
Daisy

Pearl and Tessa said...

So glad you scored, can't wait to hear the details. Our human is on her way to buy us a maple bacon donut at Icing on the cupcake...in honor of your birthday.

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Mmmmm - BACON!!! Sounds like your having a great post birthday celebration :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Brutus & Ellie

South shore pugs said...

Bacon makes everything better, even a delayed birthday. We love your picture. You are just the cutesy Puglet.

Licks and hugs,
Rudy and Billie

Anonymous said...

That's the face of a happy Puglet =) It was worth the wait; now you just have to deflate a little so you can nom on some cupcakes!
Best wishes from Bruno, Diesel & Mom ♥♥♥

Caitlin Williams, MFA, CPC said...

Well, your FACE says it all, Puglet! Glad you were finally celebrated & sated on your (semi-belated) birthday. Way to go (and a full pug is a happy pug, as we all know)! Feliz CumpleaƱos, Caitlin & the tabbies Abby & Audrey in Portland, OR. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm sure that you really enjoy your special Birthday. :D


Puppy Bond | Paw Planet

Maggie the Pug in Dallas said...

OH MAN!! BACON....that's all you had to say....you did have a good birthday after all!!