Thursday, March 6, 2014

ERNIE


So yesterday my human says to me hey Pug, want to do something exciting?? And of course I say yes because 1) I'm freaking bored 2) exciting could be code for bacon and 3) Dutch wasn't invited.

ME: are we going to a drive thru?
HUMAN: you'll see.
ME: cupcakes?
HUMAN: you'll see!
ME: will there be food of ANY kind??
HUMAN: (silence)

I kinda got a little worried when my human stopped answering my questions. I mean, what if silence was code for trip to the vet? Uhm, no. It turns out 'exciting' and silence was code for this:


His name is Ernie and he lives next door. My friend Lulu's mom is his dog walker and she invited me over for a "play date" because Ernie is too young to have real friends or something. No idea. But obviously my human's definition of 'exciting' is waaaay different than mine.

Not that Ernie's a bad guy or anything, but he's a puppy. And the thing about puppies is humans go completely nuts over them and forget all about me

Ernie + my human's lap = not excited
Aww, he's SO cute. Aww, look at those feet! Aww, puppy breath!! Uhm, hello. I have feet and breath too. But with Ernie it's like I'm not even there. I mean, the dude fell asleep with his paw on his junk and I swear every human within a 5 mile radius was squeeeeing and awwwwing about it.

seriously?
So yeah. No bacon. No drive thru. No cupcakes. Just my new, ridiculously cute neighbor Ernie. Who my human said I better make friends with now because in a few months he'll be big enough to squash me like a bug.

Awesome.

22 comments:

badgerlaw said...

aw pug you need to shape the puppy to be your minion. start young and you'll have a devoted servant who will do anything for you . trust me dude it works.
sincerely
Tigger the cat

Anonymous said...

You gotta admit, Pug, that is some ridiculous cuteness!

Morty The Pug said...

Puglet:

You.

Rock.

Anonymous said...

Hat tip to you, Amanda! That top photo is gorgeous!! And the expression on Pug's face is hysterical! Love, Megan F & Lola Pug

Meredith LeBlanc said...

You two sure are a cute pair! But, yes, it's good to be friends with the big kids.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Mercy said...

Puglet, Look at the Ernie situation as the food bowl being half full.... like Dutch suggested to you. Ernie is a puppy and people will love sniffing his puppy breat and all that,,,BUT he's so young you can mold him to be whatever you want! Teach him all the cool stuff you know (maybe not supermodeling). You can train him to be your bodyguard when you are together. You can train him to be your bacon thief. The possibilities are endless !!!
Kisses, Kisses,
Mercy
P.S. Don't you just love his cute little face? Awwwwww :)

Foodie Girl said...

Pug-

I understand what you mean with the puppy thing. The other day I went to the park with my mom and usually everyone there rubs my belly, scratches my butt and sneaks me treats.

Well you won't believe what was there. Yup a puppy, but not just any puppy... a PUG puppy. Everyone was holding her scratching HER belly and butt!!! I know!

To make things worse I even pooped at the park and my mom didn't even notice, she was to busy with "Winnie". I had to run up to her and show her my I pooped where's my treat dance.

Puppies are trouble!!! (So are kittens BTW)

~Mookie

Jackie & Paco said...

Oh Puglet! He IS cute! But you're very handsome! And a supermodel! Remember he is just a puppy, & you are a dignified dog... Maybe you could teach him the wonders of bacon!
Paco the Pug

Unknown said...

Pug, you better stop eating poop if you're going to be able to compete with Ernie in the breath department. Just saying...

Anonymous said...

Well, Pug, my human is right in the awwwing crowd. Good thing Ernie lives next door to you and not me. I feel for ya, Allie the boxer

TriHardChris said...

Pug! We can relate! We daddy brought home Dash, we were in the same situation.

Solidarity my friend. Peace.

bouncer and Chaos and we suppose Dash from Fort Lauderdale!

Anonymous said...

Dude! I get it! Except my new cute thing is another freakin pug - and a girl to boot!! It's gonna be a long summer.....

Anonymous said...

aww Puglet you make me laugh...Ernie is cute but I chose to squeee and awww over you! I'm a huge Puglet fan! xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh Puglet !You make me laugh! I choose to squee and aww over you! Ernie is cute---but he's no pug!!!

Anonymous said...

He sure is a cutie!! Awwwws!!
But you are still #1, Pug!!

Sammy and Neko

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, he is ridiculously cute!! Have you taught him how to supermodel, because he is really good at posing already & making people love him. Since his name is Ernie, maybe you should change yours to Bert :)

Ann, Frodo, Molly & Cleo

Butch and Sundance said...

No one is as cute as you Pug....we will always love you.

Charlie the Pugster said...

Awww Puglet! It will be fun to have a buddy nearby. He will grow quickly and get out of that "too cute for words" stage. You can show him the ropes and get your very own "follower"----think how fun...and how jealous Dutch will be! Win-win!!!

Ollie said...

Don't forget puppy belly! My human
loves scatching warm, soft, round, pink puppy belly.
Ernie's a cutie pie and it never hurts to have friends with some muscle. You know, like when a tough poodle's coming down the street with attitude and then he seens Ernie hovering over you.

Unknown said...

I think you look great in todays pictures Pug. Too bad about the no bacon day. My brother's birthday is next weekend and we are hoping for bacon. My human says that anthropomorphism is her favorite word. No idea. Levi

Mercy said...

Wahhhhhh, no Dutch Friday....
Kisses, Kisses,
Mercy

Rachel's Thoughts said...

Ernie definitely has a case of puppy whose paws are too big for his body.