Monday, June 1, 2009

PUGLET GETS FIXED... AGAIN

Hi everybody, Dutch here (that's me on the right). Puglet couldn't make it today because he's at the vet getting Fixed. And if he looks a little panicked in today's photo, it's probably because he is.

Y'see, this isn't the first time they've tried to Fix him. And the last time? It went something like this...
So, we're on the way to the vet and Puglet asks me, "Wwhat happens when you get Fixed?". And I tell him: they chop off your boy parts. Was just trying to be a good big brother, I swear. I mean, it happens to all of us, right? It's not like I could lie about it. But Pug got alllll freaked out and came up with this crazy plan: to save his boy parts, he'd fake a heart attack. Yup, that's right. A heart attack.

I'm a little fuzzy on exactly where Pug's genius idea went bad (he doesn't like to talk about it) but at some point between being shaved and the actual surgery, the fake heart attack became real. And he died. He didn't stay dead (obviously) but the vet said it took about three minutes to bring him back. And when he came back, things weren't 100% right. Pug couldn't see or hear or walk straight. Made some really scary howling noises too. My human said something about his brain being swollen? Not sure what that's all about, but I guess it shrunk back to normal because he was totally fine after a few days. As normal as a pug can be, anyway.


I don't think Pug will try anything crazy this time, but my human took him to the vet school just in case. The special doctors there will run tests on his heart and he'll have his own anesthesiologist, just like a human would. I love the vets at UC Davis but am still a little nervous after what happened last time. Pug promised he'll be good, but I swear, if he pulls another stupid stunt I'll kill him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Puglet, our thoughts are with you today. No more stupid stunts!

- Alison, Brett and Dylan

Rosie the Party Pug said...

My paws are crossed for you Puglet!

dreameyce said...

Oh how scary! NO heart attacks, OK? I want to see more CUTE Puggy blog posts from you!

Anonymous said...

This is literally the cutest blog on the planet!!! Go PUGGYS!!!

THE PUGLET said...

Cutest blog on the PLANET? Really?

Cool!