Monday, June 22, 2009

Rule #2: Get down!

I hope the stuff my human explained in Good Photo Rule #1 helped you take some good pictures. But if your inner photographer could still use a little help, here's another super-simple thing my human does to make her pictures better.

Good Photo Rule #2: Get down!
Have you ever stood on a chair to take a picture of a human friend? Probably not, huh? Well, try to imagine what that picture would look like. Instead of your friend's smiling face, you'd get a nice shot of the top of their head. Who wants to see that??

But I've seen lots of people take dog pictures from way up at human level. Uhm, hello! Not bending down to photograph a dog is pretty much the same as getting up on a chair to photograph a human.
If you stay at human-level and just aim your camera down at us, you'll usually get a nice picture of our head, back, maybe a tail. And who wants to see that when you can look at a cute face??

Don't get me wrong, there are times when an upright, human-level picture is totally cute. Y'know, like when your dog friend is looking up at you with those eye that say Oh human, I love you! (or, is that cookie in your hand for me??). But most of the time, getting down to dog-level will create a much more engaging scene.

PS: don't forget to send us some of your new & improved pictures!

3 comments:

Odysseus said...

Glamor shots! Who does the photoshop part, you or your human?

THE PUGLET said...

Nooooo... that's from my human's new (but somewhat scary) fancy camera. It makes glamour happen without any photoshop!

Odysseus said...

I'll tell Mommy to email you. She's interested in being your apprentice.