Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SPOKESPUG

At first I thought Flat Puglet would just be a cool way for all of us to connect. I thought it'd be super fun to see where he'd go and what he'd do once he got there. But some of yesterday's comments got me thinking...

What if Flat Puglet also had... a mission? Kinda like my New Year's Revolution to help pugs in need. I figure there are loads of homeless dogs out there and a lot of people don't know that recycled dogs are just as good as brand-new ones. I mean, I should know. Me and brother Dutch were both recycled and we are totally perfect.

Flat Puglet could be the spokespug for recycled dogs!

He could spread the word, y'know, like a virus. But cuter. And flat. It doesn't even matter that Flat Puglet can't actually talk.
He just needs to go lots of places and get people's attention.

The thing is, it'd probably take forever for Flat Puglet to get the world's attention. So I'm thinking what we reeeally need is a TEAM of Flat Puglets. Luckily, a whole bunch of you have already volunteered to help Flat Puglet see the world. As soon as my human is done fighting with the laminator thingy, a whole herd of Flat Puglets will be unleashed.

I cannot wait to see what the flat me gets up to!

---
Anyone here who wants a visit from Flat Puglet will get one! Just email your address to me dailypuglet (at) gmail.com and promise to follow these "rules":

- take a picture of Flat Puglet in a foreign land (uh, your town)
- write something about
Flat Puglet's visit
- mail Flat Puglet to a friend who will do the same


If you have no idea who Flat Puglet is, read yesterday's post :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puglet, this is so exciting! I can't wait to see where Flat Puglet goes!

-Mushu's mom

3pugs2luv said...

Operation FPP (Flat Puglet Project has started at our house. We will send emails every day to get Flat Puglet on TV. Yesterday we sent Oprah & Ellen emails. Today we sent them emails plus one to Good Morning America. Good Morning America is in New York City, so maybe they can take Flat Puglet to Pug Hill in Central Park to have his picture taken with New York pugs.
The possibilities are endless!

Zoey & Phoebe

THE PUGLET said...

I know! I have a feeling he's going to get around :)

& Zoey + Phoebe - you *do* make good agents!

agent99 said...

Puglet, we are excited about this project and will try to think of some good photo ops. Zoey & Pheobe, can you be our agents?
Sadly, mom read @ Pug Hill, only to find the pugs no longer go there :(
It would be really fun if we could get Flat Pug to visit every state, wouldn't it?

Love
Gen & the Foo

Anonymous said...

Puglet, mom said we are going on a road trip... not sure what that is. We will drive from Calif to someplace called Scottsdale and then to Kansas. Brother Boka said road trips are fun you get to smell all kinds of cools smells and go swimming in new lakes. I asked mom if you could come with us, she said no that there was no room but that flat puglet could come along. Okay with you?
Miley
ps will email some more places today also

Anonymous said...

There's lots of famous people that have pugs. We can contact them about this.

Arnie the agility pug

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Flat Puglet is really taking off - literally! Everypug is putting their brains to good use on this one and I couldn't be happier.

Of course I have some questions about how all of this is going to work:
1. Where we will write about Flat Puglet's visit? Will your human be creating a website where we can post about his visits?

2. Since there will be more then one Flat Puglet, how will you (and us) keep track of which is which?

3. Can we send Flat Puglet to friends that don't have dogs or only to those that do?

4. Is your human on Facebook? If she is, she could start a Flat Puglet group. This will help spread the word.

Mom told me that some celebrities have pugs. Someone named Jessica Alba and a hottie (?) named Gerald Butler both have pugs. And Tori Spelling had a pug that died but she is a big pug fan. All these people could be contacted to participate in Flat Puglet sees the world.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

No more pugs at a place called Pug Hill? That's just not right. Flat Puglet should definitely go there now!

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Stubbs~

As always, you are very wise. Thanks for thinking for me! Here's what I know:

1. WHERE: Flat Puglet will have his very own website/blog at www.flatpuglet.com! Since the first wave of FP's will go out to people from here on the blog, I'll also post their adventures with Flat Puglet here so we can all connect :)

2. HOW: Uh,good question. My human thought about color-coding them but there are already more FPs than there are colors! We could name them, but that might confuse people. How about labeling each FP with (some identifier) and ask hosts to include that info w/their "report"). Then, in each post could put where that FP just came from?

3. WHO: Flat Puglet doesn't not discriminate against the dogless (or anyone else). Anyone willing to help FP spread the word is welcome!

4. FACEBOOK: This made my human groan. Says social networking gets so overwhelming. Whatever that means. I convinced her to let me on Twitter... but I only tweet like once a day (and it's just to tell everyone about the latest blog post)

3pugs2luv said...

Rachel Ray & the View just gat an email about the Flat Puglet Project. So sad to hear about Pug Hill. A FP road trip sounds like awesome fun. agent99 we are always ready to lend a helping paw.

Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

3pugs2luv said...

What if we had a special FP that visited celebrities & they signed him then when we fill him up with autographs we could auction him on flatpuglet.com to raise money for needy pugs/dogs. Just another thought.

Zo & Phoebs

Anonymous said...

Oh Puglet! I am so excited to see my FP, no matter which version I get! Pug Hugs, Las Vegas Lola

Unknown said...

what a great idea this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!