Friday, February 5, 2010

REVOLUTION #5

I'm probably not supposed to make a New Year's revolution a month into the new year... but I don't always do what I'm supposed to. Like yesterday at the park when I found a puddle of puke and my human told me not to eat it but I ate it anyway. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

So I'm adding a new revolution to my list:

Revolution #5: in 2010 I will listen to my heart.

It started with Jenny the pug. Her videos made me feel good inside so I sent her a Henrietta rubberchicken and an i-might-kinda-love-you poem. I was worried she might think I was an internet stalker, but followed my heart and did it anyway. And you know what happened? Jenny the pug put my picture on her website! She might even like me.

Then when I got that email about Hope the res
cued pug, my heart told me to share the news. So I did. And some of your hearts told you to give Hope your cookie money. So you did. Thanks to everyone's donations, Hope is finished with surgery and doing sooooo much better.

See how this heart thing works??


So the other night I just couldn't stop thinking about how scared Hope must have been - hurt and alone, tied to an empty building all night. I was in a nice warm bed and just thinking about it kept me awake all night. So yesterday I followed my heart to the post office... and sent Hope a nice warm bed of her own.

My human bought the bed for me awhile ago. She took a few pictures then put it away and totally forgot to give it to me. I don't really neeeed a new bed - I can always take over (uh, I means SHARE) brother Dutch's. After all that Hope's been through, I think she deserves to be extrasuper comfortable during her recovery. And what could be more extrasuper comfortable than a new bed?

* * *

Thanks again to everyone who helped Hope's story end happy. She is doing AWESOME! The camera's flash made her eye all green and scary, but look at her happy smile! You can read the full update here on SNPR's website.

17 comments:

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Puglet, we like your new revolution to follow your heart - we may have to copy your revolution and try to do this too.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Unknown said...

You are a model to us all Puglet. Thank you for following your heart and showing us that pugs (and maybe people) can be kind and generous and wonderful. I want to start a revolution to follow my heart too.
Big hug to you Puglet!
Sara

SpencerBartholomew said...

Puglet... you are an inspiration and thanks for making me aware of things I can do to help... keep leading the pack bro!

Crabbie Chris said...

Oh Puglet, your heart is so beautiful. You're making your own yellow brick road to being a butter pug. You make me want to be a better pug. I know Hope will love her new bed. You're so awesome Puglet.

Lola said...

You have such a great heart, Puglet! Hope will love her new bed- maybe it's her first ever. I never realized how lucky I am to have to have two beds. Hope is looking GREAT today, and I'm so glad they raised enough money to take care of Hope and even more needy pugs.
Good work, Puglet. Always follow your heart- you're doing the right thing.
Lafayette Lola

3pugs2luv said...

We love your new revolution to follow your heart! It is even more revolutionary of you to to continue making revolutions & not waiting for a whole year to pass. You are a very special pug with a very kind heart...its like a superpower to be able to listen to & follow your heart - You are a hero & a pack leader we can all be proud of.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

Thank you Puglet for bringing Hope's story to our attention. I was up all night too especially when I read that a human did those horrific acts of cruelty to her. I was so ashamed & saddened that humans are capable of such things. I just hope that we can somehow make up for such evil with the kindness of everyone who has tried to help sweet Hope.

Zoey & Phoebe's human

THE PUGLET said...

Y'know, I really never knew my heart had so much to say.

I mean, usually I just listen to my stomach.
But I think once you hear your heart, it's kinda hard not to keep listening.

Anyone want to try Haiku'ing that??

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you & your mom are wonderful for sharing and caring so much about our puggy friends. I'm sure Hope will love her new bed. You guys are wonderful!!!

Frodo & Ann

3pugs2luv said...

Puglet, you are soo talented - writing a Haiku is hard! This is what we came up with:

tummy's silent rock
thunderous roar from my heart
sound I can't ignore

Zoey & Phoebe

THE PUGLET said...

Heya Frodo~

I heard you're getting a whole BUNCH of snow tonight. That sounds fun, but maybe only because it never snows here :)

THE PUGLET said...

Oh Zoey & Phoebe - your Haiku is VERY good.

Thunderous roar? That's so.... powerful. Maybe you could help me with my Haikus for Jenny. It's almost Valentine's day and I still haven't come up with a good one.

3pugs2luv said...

We'll see what we can come up with... anything for love.

Zo & Phoebs

Anonymous said...

Hey Puglet,

I have a whole lot of ink cartridges for you, I will bring them this weekend. Maybe some of your Pug friends that are going to pug sunday could bring their empties on Sunday?

Miley

Crabbie Chris said...

Puglet your awesomeness made me write a little poem just for you. Hope you like it.
Puglet with a heart of gold,
So much love for one pug to behold.
To help pugs in need is his task,
He give it freely just ask.
He gives a bed, a treat a toy,
Giving "Hope" just a little joy.
Oh Puglet you are so sweet,
Better than any tasty treat.
So Puglet all the good you do,
Makes me happy that I know you.
Bellatrix
Thanks for all the help you give injured pugs of the world!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I think Bellatrix's poem summed it all up. You are one caring pug and I'm sure Hope will love her new bed.

I think it's great that you're going to follow your heart because I hear my stomach calling and I'm going to follow it. You're a bigger pug than me for doing what you do. Food, not love, makes my world go round.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Oooooooh Bellatrix~

Now I know how warm+fuzzy Jenny must have felt when she got my poem. You are one sweet pug!

Anonymous said...

Hey Puglet - it's snowing so much here right now, mom said the weatherunderground is reporting possible 17-27" of snow!! It is fun playing in the snow, but doing 'the business' is hard to sniff out the right place!

You would love it seeing you are such an adventurous pug! Wonder how your cousin Sophie is doing? I don't think the pugs will show up for our meetup tomorrow. I know my mom won't be bringing me :(

Frodo