Friday, March 19, 2010

THE AMISH HOMIE

Late last night I heard screams coming from the kitchen. This has never happened before and it was really scary.

It was like 3 a.m. and my human and Brother Dutch weren't in bed with me. This has never happened before either. I've seen Law & Order on the TV and know what can happen when there's screaming and people disappear. So I psyched myself up for some kind of fight and crept down the hallway towards the kitchen.

When I got there, it looked like a crime scene. There was blood splattered everywhere. JUST LIKE on Law & Order. I could hear my human outside screaming. Dutch was nowhere to be found, but I could smell his fear.

This TOTALLY freaked me out so I ran back to bed. And hid.

I stayed hidden for what seemed like forever. When my human and Dutch came back to bed, Dutch had this funny thing on his head that made him look like an Amish homeboy. I couldn't help laughing at him. Even if there was a bloody crime scene in the kitchen.

Dutch wouldn't talk to me because I laughed at his 'do rag and m
y human fell asleep before I could ask what happened. So I stayed up all night, just in case there was an axe murderer in our kitchen.

Well, I found out this morning what all the blood and screaming was about. The blood came from Dutch's ear. Somehow he flapped his ears so hard that one ear split open. Then he kept flapping because his ear hurt and every time he flapped, blood flew all over the place. That's where the yelling came from: my human was yelling at Dutch to stop flapping so she could fix his bloody ear.

And that is where Dutch's Amish homie 'do rag came from: he has to wear it
to stop the flapping until his ear is better.

I'm glad there wasn't an axe murderer in the kitchen because I totally can't stop laughing at Dutch's 'do rag.



16 comments:

Sabrina said...

Poor Dutch! I had no idea you could flap your ears so hard they could bleed! I sympathize with the bloody mess--Barney used to bang his tail so much on the walls that it bled and then he spattered blood all over my walls. Sometimes it sucks to be the human. On the other hand Barney doesn't even notice when he bleeds. Last week we went to play ball he bit his tongue and there was blood everywhere, but all he could think of was "ballballballballballballballball..."
Puglet, I think you're going to sleep all day to make up for your nighttime stress!

Sabrina
BTW, I got a flatpuglet yesterday! I'll have to start packing him a bag for his Caribbean vacation!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

glad there wasn't an axe murderer there. Poor Dutch - hope his ear heals fast!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Crabbie Chris said...

oh no brother Dutch! My heart feels sad for you and I hope you get better soon. Did you have to go and see a doctor or did you mom fix you up? I will send my quick healing pug vibes your way and I will keep you close to my heart all day. I wish I could hug you, but since I can't drive over a bridge, I will have to send you a virtual one.
Bellatrix.
P.S. I like head covering...you look so handsome.

Wilma said...

Oh Puglet, you must have been so scared. I love that you have such a great sense of humor that you could immediately bust chops as soon as you knew danger was over. That is a highly valued asset around my parts.

SpencerBartholomew said...

Dutch I am so sad about your ear but I love your new look! Very homie-ish! Maybe the human could give you a cool chain to wear with your collar to really funk you out? Perhaps a gold bone?

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Sabrina!

Maybe Dutch has 'happy ears' instead of happy tail??

I'm glad FP made it in time. Sometimes he takes his time in the mail. I think the customs people like to visit with him too!

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah - I'm kinda glad there wasn't an axe murderer in the kitchen. I mean, I totally would have kicked butt if there was one. But I'm glad I didn't have to hurt anybody.

THE PUGLET said...

He heeee Dutch *totally* needs some bling!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Poor Dutch! We hope his lil ear gets better real soon. but until then we will enjoy his new ear holder! Kinda cute if you ask me.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Anonymous said...

Poor Dutch - we hope he gets better soon!! Never a dull moment w/you guys around!

Ann & Frodo

Anonymous said...

Poor Dutch - we hope he gets better soon!! Never a dull moment around with you guys!

Ann & Frodo

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Puglet, this happens in our house quite often. My BFF Buddy has very long thin ears. They get itchy so he scratches and shakes and then they get all bloody.

My humans rinse his ears out every week to keep them itch free, and hopefully lessen the shaking. Needless to say he HATES this but it does help.

pugsmom said...

Oh Puglet,
I'm laughing to hard at your description of Dutch's headdress, but I do feel really bad for brother Dutch. Dutchy, you sweet thing, we all love you and hope your ears get better soon. Don't let Puglet's chuckles get you down. He's laughing with you, not at you. I hope. LOLOL
Pugsmom in Oregon

Mel said...

Oh dear Dutch! I hope your ear feels better soon and you don't scare Puglet with all that blood again. I know I would have freaked out too!

Smushie Ranch said...

Oh my goodness Puglet. We feel so bad for Dutch. And we feel bad for you too for being scared. Did Dutch have to go the vets?

Stella, Gunther and Betty

Mimi the diva dog said...

my mom said that her dog from when she wa young had something similar. a big lab named lady had things called hematomas in one of her ears. they were like blood filled bubbles in her ear! they happened cuz she liked to shake her head and her ears would hit things. maybe you just need to be dutch's security guard for a while. you know, make sure he's got lots of room when he wants to shake his ears