Thursday, March 18, 2010

BROMANCE

So, I couldn't wait for Frank to leave so I could eat my new Himalayan Yak Milk chew (TOTALLY love the yak chew, by the way). But now that Frank's gone, I kinda really miss him.

It was so much fun having another pug in the house, I asked my human if we could get another one. Of course she said no. But she did say she
'd make me a flat pug of my own. Not exactly what I had in mind, but everyone seems to like Flat Puglet so much, I figured - why not? A flat pug is better than no pug at all.

So I asked my human to make me a Flat Stubby. I've never met Stubby because he lives far away in a place with snow, but there's something about him that is just... special. Kinda like a boy version of Jenny.

Google says it's called a bro-mance.

Anyway. My human had a picture of Stubby left over from the No-Contest. She said the picture would be totally perfect for Stubby's flat self. Said it would look just like Flat Puglet, but Stubby. I thought this sounded pretty cool. Well. Flat Stubby didn't exactly turn out as planned. It looked like he had legs growing out of his ears. So my human cut his legs off.

Yeah. She cut off his legs.

Of course Flat Stubby looked kinda funny without legs, so my human stuck him to the blackboard wall and drew him a whole new body. That made him very cool. Not as cool as the real Stubby, but I still gave him a bromantic kiss on the cheek to welcome him to San Francisco.

Stubbs, I love you man!

* * *

FLATTIE NEWS!
My lucky flat self is back in the land of Vegemite (
a gooey brown yeast extract snack) and marsupials (kangaroos, koalas and wombats). During his stay in the Country Music Capital of Australia, he relaxes with a new recycled friend named Cindy.

You can read about it here on flatpuglet.com.

13 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

Puglet, we know how you feel. Our brother Gunther kinda has a bromance going with his friend Mr. Wilson. Fortunately Mr. Wilson just lives a few blocks away so we Gunther get's to play with him at the dog park almost every day.

Maybe your mom could plan a play date with Frank so you guys could visit more.

xoxo
Stella and Betty

pugsmom said...

Puglet,
That bromantic kiss is the sweetest. Right now I'm in love with the little boy pup/baby who came to live with us. Yes, the long wait is over it's a boy. Check out flatpuglet.com soon and you can see all about him. He smells so good I want to lick him, but I'm not allowed. He cries every night about 3 AM and I jump out of bed and bark and run around in circles to let everyone know that he needs.....something, but then he stops crying and they make me go back to bed. It's a mystery to me.
Say hi to Frank when you see him next time. I kind of felt sparks when I saw his picture.
Puggie hugs,
Phoebe in Oregon

Lola said...

OOOOOH! Flat Stubby is so handsome! I totally see why you have the bromance thing going on! We're going to send our Flat Puglet thing in to your human this weekend.... finally.
I love the chalkboard wall, too. Your human is a pretty good artist- she shouldn't be worried about the paints.
See ya ,Puglet!
Lafayette Lola

Crabbie Chris said...

That Stubbs is one lucky pug! A real true bromance is sooooo neat. Puglet you're so brave not barking at the flat Stubbs, I would be so scared of it. I don't know if it would be too creepy if I had a life size poster of Spencer B? I mean do you have one of Jenny?

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya SG&B ~

You are so lucky to live so close to your bud mr. wilson. we have a lunch of evil chihuahuas next door, but that's it. Lunch? I mean bunch.

Or maybe I really did mean lunch.

They are very evil...

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Phoebes!

Congrats on the new baby! I don't blame you for wanting to lick him. I've seen pictures - he looks VERY lickable. And likable too. Even if he isn't a pug :)

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Lola ~

No problemo. I'm sure FP has been having a buncha fun with you.

Thanks for encouraging my human. I guess you have to get past drawing to get to painting and she's afraid of drawing like she's afraid of painting. Weirdo.

The chalkboard wall was supposed to be like a giant sticky note to help her brain, but it didn't work any better than the stickies. She says she doesn't 'see' them? No idea how that can be, but whatever.

I like the chalkboard. Chalk is tasty and it's fun to lick it off the wall. Flat Stubby's legs are already gone.

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Bella-T~

Flat Stubby was a little scary before my human drew him a body, but once he looked like a pug I just wanted to kiss him hello.

I don't have a poster of Jenny. Maybe I can ask her people to make a Flat Jenny for me? I mean, a flat pug IS better than no pug at all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Puglet, I don't have a chalkboard, but I love your human's drawing of Flat Stubby. I sometimes get to watch dogs on YouTube, but they are never life size like your FS. Maybe you and Stubby can exchange youtube videos and play together that way?

-Tobee

Pee-S - collard greens are so yummy. it is a green leafy veggie that my human steams, and then gives them to me warm, wrapped around some of my food. my human says I'm "picky" whatever that is. I just like most veggies more than meat (seriously!). I've figured out that if I turn down my regular food (canned, kibble, raw... she tries everything) I'll get veggies with my food. She says I'm too skinny, but I think I'm just fine. Kinda the opposite of tubey, I guess.

Stubby said...

I'm totally speechless Puglet! A boy version of Jenny? That's awesome! My very own flattie? How cool is that? I have to admit that I look pretty handsome as a flattie. Not too big, not too small but just right.

I have a chalkboard too but it's up high. If you can send me another flattie I will put it at Stubby level so I can kiss it.

I'm so digging this bromance thing. I have to get out to SF so we can meet. Mom said SF is like a 3 day drive from here but I told her we have to go because long distance bromances never work. Ours will work though, won't it?

Stubby xoxo

SpencerBartholomew said...

I love that drawing of Flat Stubby!! Oh my, how cool is that Puglet? I wish Stubby lived closer so you two didn't have a long distance bromance. I am so lucky to live close to my Bellatrix and to you too, Puglet!

THE PUGLET said...

Heya Stubbs ~

Even though Flat Stubby is flat, it's cool to have him/you around. Long distance b/romances still kinda suck though.

3 days in a car is like an eternity! I guess we'll just have to be long distance bros. Chalk is supertasty, but I promise to stop licking your flat legs off.

THE PUGLET said...

Heya SpencerB ~

The good thing about the internet is I get to meet cool pugs from all over the universe. But the bad thing about the internet is I'll never get to meet most of them.

Sigh.

I'm glad you & BellaT live close by!