Monday, March 22, 2010

REAR GEAR?

So my human has this thing called a pet peeve about dog butts. Yes, dog butts. In pictures. She hates when a perfectly good picture gets ruined by a, uhm, doggy butthole.

Whenever we're out with the camera, it's always Puglet, turn around! I don't want a picture of your butt! I could be doing something really cool like climbing straight up a wall and all I hear is Pug! The butt! Not the butt!

Weird, right? Wel
l, I guess she's not the only one who doesn't like dog butts. Because someone actually makes butthole covers for dogs. You heard me. They're called Rear Gear and they look like this:

According to their website, Rear Gear comes in many designs including a disco ball, air freshener, smiley face, and cupcake. You can even make a custom Rear Gear!?!

Uhm, people - hiding your dog's butthole behind a smiley face might sound fun, but there are soooo many things wrong with this idea. First, would YOU want someone messing with your butt?? No, you wouldn't. Trust me on this - having your butt messed with is why most dogs hate going to the vet.

And number two, what about number two. I mean, what happens when it's time for #2 to leave the building and your dog's backdoor is blocked by the cutout of a cupcake??? Ye
ah. Not good.

I've never actually seen my own butt, but I've seen lots of other dogs' butts and I don't see what the big deal is. If you think dog butts are really that bad, look away! Point the camera at something else! But please, please leave our rears alone.

* * *

FLATTTIE NEWS!
Today the flat me visits Montreal, Canada. He learns a lot of new words I can't pronounce, obeys the local customs and munches on a smorgasbord of French-Canadian delicacies (sort of).


You can read about it here at flatpuglet.com


19 comments:

Taryn said...

Too funny about the Rear Gear! What people come up with! Fortunately my guys have thick tails and lots of fur so it is not often I have to worry about a photo being spoiled!

Archie and Melissa said...

lol puglet!
what a fun post! we agree about butt hole pictures, but emmitt thinks that is his best side. :) he always tries to pose with his in his pictures too!
rear gear is too funny! it needs to be on a hinge that flips up at appropriate times don't ya think? :)

shannon was so sweet to share her flat puglet badge with us so now we have one on our blog too!

xoxoxo
Happy Happy Spring!
xoxox
m & e

Wilma said...

OMG, I am with you Puglet. This is just wrong on so many levels. I hope that"s not one of those things in your butt. I personally take pride in my butt. No anal gland problems, no dingleberries, dainty little non stinky farts. Perfect!

Crabbie Chris said...

I don't think I will ever sit right ever again. These things are just aweful. I hope no dog friend of mine ever has to have that done to them. It's bad enough going to the vet and he/she thinks it's ok to "glove up", but these butt plugs are just wrong, wrong WRONG! I'm with Wilma, butts rule and they should be displayed in all their glory. Viva La Pug Butt!!
P.S. I like to sniff Puglet's butt..hehe

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I read about silly Rear Gear a couple of weeks ago. Silly humans! What are they thinking? Your are so totally right - if you don't want to see a dog butt then don't look. It really looks like we are the smarter species.

Stubby xoxo

Pee-s: My date with Josie was amazing! I was going to post about it today but I had something bigger to post about. Look for my Josie date tomorrow.

Kimmy B said...

Greetings Puglet... Well! I know people are getting creative getting laid off of work and all BUTT, this is disturbing at many levels. I mean I can see it if you are an 'Adult Dog Entertainer' and want all the attention to be uh, ummm, you know down there. I've heard of pigs getting corks in their butts when they are at the fair but we are PUGS not PIGS and we definitly don't want no post-it notes getting in the way of nature. I'm already having nightmares on this. I'll need to sleep with one eye open from here on out....

THE PUGLET said...

Heck no, that isn't a real Rear Gear on my butt!

I'm with Wilma - we should take pride in our butts, not hide them. If nature didn't give you a flat or furry tail, don't be ashamed. EMbrace the butt!

Or, as Bella-T said: Viva la butt!

THE PUGLET said...

Uh, Kimmy B, pigs really get their butts... corked??

THE PUGLET said...

Oooh, M&E, the flat me has a badge? I had no idea... COol!

THE PUGLET said...

More important than Josie, Stubby?? Woa. I better go read....

Anonymous said...

Is this a joke or something? I wouldn't want my dog to have anything blocking what is otherwise a natural thing to do. If people don't like it what they see then its their problem and not the dog's.

Tim
http://www.Petboro.com

3pugs2luv said...

Oh, thank goodness you're still here! Our human has deprived us of the DP for a week & we weren't even naughty. She said it was because of her midterms...whatever that is but they sound just as awful as a decorative butt plug. We will decide whether or not it is seen or not, if someone doesn't like it they can turn away. It is our opinion that human butts must be dreadful 'cause they always have them covered.
We missed you so much...maybe you can tell the human that we're better than school & she can stop going. School, doggie butt plugs, what else...it's been a rough week for us. So happy you're here to brighten our day!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Um yeah no rear gear for us either. Tuni usualy has her tail down so she covers her own rear. I thinks your tush looks great Puglet!

Sequoia

Smushie Ranch said...

Eh hemmm. Exit only! Nothing is going on my butt!

Stella, Gunther and Betty

SpencerBartholomew said...

I know I wouldn't want one of those things on my behind. Plus- wouldn't feel to great when it came off...ya know- butt hairs n' all.

THE PUGLET said...

Aw, thanks for the tush compliment Sequoia. I've never had a girl say good things about my butt before!

THE PUGLET said...

Welcome back Phoebe & Zoey! We were getting a little worried about you. Totally good point about human butts.

But (no pun..) how come humans get clothes and all we get is Rear Gear????

THE PUGLET said...

Yup - exit only & do NOT block the exit.

THE PUGLET said...

Oooooooh. Butt hairs. Ouch.