Friday, March 12, 2010

I'M BAAAACK!

Thanks for humoring brother Dutch. And Frank. They both said blogging made them feel very special. Even though I was in a coma half the time, I kinda really missed you all. I guess you make me feel special too.

(with all the Frank-tivity, my human forgot to take a picture for today so FP standing in as my body double. The photo is of that little creep visiting a spa in today's trip to Denver!)


Anyway.

I get lots of emails from people asking me to write nice things about them or their stuff. Most of the time, their stuff isn't stuff I've ever use
d or know anything about. Like inspirational speakers:

Our client, inspirational speaker Nik Halik [...] is a multi-millionaire who has traveled to over 100 countries and made it his mission to create 1 million "Thrillionaires" around the world. He's appeared on such shows as Larry King and Fox News and others.

I thought you might be interested in having him on your blog so he can give advice to some of your readers. (We can even provide customized interview questions and answers just for you that you could cut & paste on your blog if you're limited on time.)

Kinda flattering I guess, but do you think this Nik Halik dude knows I'm a PUG?? And that half of my readers are also PUGS???

Since I am a pug, I only write about stuff I like and think you might like too. And t
oday I have something very cool to share. It started with an address label on one of my valentine cards. The label had very cute pug on it and my human promised she'd ask the sender where they got such cute label thingys. Of course she totally forgot.

A few days later I saw pictures of Stubby wearing this ridiculously cute sweater to a Valenpug party:

Even though winter here is almost over, I really wanted a cute sweater like Stubby's. My human said she'd email his mom to find out where they got it. But Miss GimpyBrain forgot to do that too.

Then a few days ago I saw Flat Puglet's visit to a pug named Emmitt's house Colorado. And FP was modeling sweaters just like Stubby's! Turns out Emmitt's human makes all the sweaters, the cute pug label thingys and loads of other very cool stuff. Her website pugnotes.com is full of cuteness (both puggy and not puggy).

Emmitt's human didn't ask me to write nice stuff about her stuff, but I TOTALLY would have if she did :)


* * *

FLATTIE NEWS!
Today Flat Puglet pays a special visit to my human's sister in Denver, CO. She doesn't have a dog and was a little nervous about FP's visit, but of course they had an awesome time together.

After a brief bout of altitude sickness, FP chilled at a spa, found a tasty alternative to Popeyes and hunted for mutant fish in a radioactive lake. Really! I swear- I'm not making this stuff up.!

You can read about it here at flatpuglet.com.

22 comments:

Singingland Studios said...

flat pugglet!! yay.

Smushie Ranch said...

HA! You're too much Puglet. Say, I gots a question... do you get to eat those cucumbers when you're done with 'em? Jus wonderin'.

Slurps,
Gunther

THE PUGLET said...

I wouldn't know. I, the REAL Puglet have never set paw in a doggie spa. Apparently only my flat self is lucky enough to get such treatment!

All I know is Flat Puglet better save A LOT of dogs with this project. All these travels are making me VERY jealous.

Crabbie Chris said...

Hiya Puglet, I love to take a bath just like your FP. I don't think I would let those cucumbers just hang out on my eyes though, I would eat them in a minute. Mom loves that cute sweater too, she used to try to put me in sweaters, but I wasn't having it. She claims she's given up, but sometimes I catch her at the dog store with one in her hand eyeballing me all sly. I refuse to wear one, so she just shakes her head and puts it back. I do let her buy me collars all the time, and of course cookies.

THE PUGLET said...

I put one of Emmmitt's mom's sweaters on my christmas list. Maybe it will be cold again by then??

Just between you and me, Bella-T, I kinda have a secret Bro-mance going on with Stubby. It's so secret, he doesn't even know about it. I just think he is so cool.

OOOOOH - almost forgot! Have you heard about the new hermaphrochicken study? They are half-boy & half-girl, like you:

http://bit.ly/9T1QTo

Crabbie Chris said...

Wow that is totally cool! Being different is kinda cool...who knew?!? I love it, even if sometimes doggies don't know how to "get" me. Zoey had a hard time on Sunday. She sniffed away and didn't understand what I was. Happens all the time. Hmmm so do Spencer and I have a bromance too? I'll have to give that some thought.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi puglet!
oh my goodness! what a nice surprise!
thank you so much for the wonderful mention on your blog.

emmitt and i are so honored!

you have totally made our day!

we are off to read about your adventures in denver and the other cool places you have been this week!

xoxoxoxo
m & e

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! FP sure is having a great time. I'm getting jealous of all his adventures too and need a road trip.

My dad is going to San Francisco next week without me. Mom is not going either so we won't get to meet. I'm bummed I'm not going but I'm glad Mom's not going without me.

That is so funny about the address labels. I just assumed that everypug in the card exchange knew one another but I guess I was wrong. I'm glad FP solved the mystery.

I think Josie and I make such a cute couple. Maybe I should get her a cute sweater vest so we match. Would that be too stalkerish?

Stubby xoxo

Pee-s: I have a secret bromance going on with you too! Ooops! I guess the secret's out!

Mel said...

Oh Puglet, I'm glad you ignore all those emails...they're not even smart enough to know they should read your blog a little first. Of course they'd be totally addicted if they did. :D

Those address lables and sweaters look great, I hope you get one soon!

SpencerBartholomew said...

Hey Puglet! My mom, grandma, and I just spent an hour looking at Emmit's site. Amazing! I have so much stuff on my wish list and my mom is a sucker for that fabulous artwork Emmit's mom does. We were looking for the cool sweaters but couldn't find them. I need a new sweater and I love the one Stubby was wearing. I have two sweaters for now: I won my "frat-boy" sweater at the Pug-O-Ween even last October and, as everyone knows, I am getting a tad beefy and muscle shirts aren't my thing! The second one my aunt gave me for Christmas and my name is stitched on the back-super cool, right? Problem is ....the shirt is too long and covers my "under-carriage" if ya know what I mean. You think it's no fun to get peed on- it's definitely no fun when you pee on yourself. So, I am very excited to look for new sweaters. Hey Bellatrix- we need to get you your own sweater so when we have our play dates you don't get too cold. We can get you a pink one to match your collar!

THE PUGLET said...

Bella-T ~

Uhm, I guess the he-half of you could have a bro-mance with Spencer and the she-half could have a regular romance with him?

Human says it sounds like the making of a bad romantic comedy.

SpencerBartholomew said...

Snorfle, snort, sniff, snort...you crack me up Puglet!

THE PUGLET said...

Oh no, Stubbs. That sucks. What happened to the road trip? Superbummed.

I don't know how I didn't know Emmitt, but I'm glad I do now. His human makes such cool stuff too!

If I were you I'd TOTALLY get Josie a cool sweatery vest. Maybe in reverse colors from yours so you don't look too matchy-matchy. That wouldn't be stalkerish, but it would be kinda dorky.

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Mel -

You're totally right. I don't think the motivational speaker people ever even read my blog. My human wrote them back and told them I'm a pug and have all the motivation I can handle.

:)

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Spencer B!

I really like your frat boy sweater. I mean, no one's gonna call you a she in such a boy look.

I snooped around and found where Emmitt's cool sweaters are hiding:

www.etsy.com/shop/pugnotes?section_id=5322832


Here is a SUPERCOOL gallery of pictures in case you need help picking out colors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pugnotes/sets/72157623113053131/


And Emmitt's blog is full of cool stuff too!!

http://pugnotes.blogspot.com

SpencerBartholomew said...

Thanks Puglet...mom & I are searching for the perfect sweater now. We just got some cool mailing labels and a fabulous canvas painting for my house...there is tons of cool stuff!

THE PUGLET said...

Ooooh - the paintings are the coolest! Which one did you get??

Emmitt's human must be busy busy busy!

SpencerBartholomew said...

We got A31 of the canvas painting...although, it's so hard to choose they are all so awesome.

THE PUGLET said...

Nice choice! My human said we could get one as soon as I can decide on ONE. Right now, I want like six different ones :)

SpencerBartholomew said...

Yea, tell me about it...it took us forever. We want a whole row of the paintings in our house. Let us know which one you pick Puglet ;)

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Puglet you are pawsome and we love how you blog about stuff us pug's like to read about! Keep up the great posts!

Sequoia and Tuni

Kimmy B said...

Okay, I hate to rain on everyone's parade here and change up the conversation about sweaters and bromance, but am I the ONLY one who noticed that someone peed out Puglet's name in the SNOW? Maybe I missed it in all the other words. I mean I guess I should compliment them on the steady aim and correct spelling but I hope F. Puglet didn't eat the yellow snow after his photo shoot. I don't live in the snow so maybe this is something boy dogs learn to do in the snow. Maybe they leave messages for each other like, "Hi Rex" or "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo" or something like that. Does anyone know? Tink