Thursday, May 27, 2010

SNOWING = NOT GOING

So, yesterday my human had some bad news for us. Our long weekend in the mountains has been canceled... on a account of snow.

Weekend in the mountains? Snow? Huh?

ME: I didn't know we were going to the mountains!?!
MY HUMAN: It was going to be a surprise. But now it's snowing.
ME: Like, the cold, white stuff?
MY HUMAN: Yes, snowing the cold white stuff. And snowing means not going.

OK, for the record -
I think if a surprise gets canceled, the person in charge of the surprise should just pretend like it never almost happened. I wasn't disappointed about not going to the mountains this weekend until the surprise came along. Or didn't. Or whatever.

Anyway. The snow situation isn't just disappointing - it's also superconfusing. For one, I thought snow was a winter thing and I'm pretty sure it's practically summer. And it's not snowing here, so how on earth does my human know it's snowing in the mountains?

One word, she says: wunderground!

Yeah, I know. That's not a real word. Google says it's a website. My human says it's the best place on the internet to find out about weather. We don't have much weather here, so I forget it happens in other places. Like in the mountains (snow!). Or in NJ where my cousin Sophie lives (wunderground says mostly sunny, 72 degrees, chance of something called thunder?).

We're not getting snow at my house, but it is drizzling. Wunderground says we might get hail and some of that thunder stuff today too.


Kinda curious, is any weather happening where you are??



15 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Yes the weather has been so strange. Did you hear about the snow (frazil ice) at the Yosemite? Just glad we are having such great weather here in the Midwest. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Wilma said...

Yes Puglet,
We are certainly having some weather. Here in Connecticut. Yesterday it was 99 degrees here. A record for us. I was panting all day. Dad had to put the A/C in early for me. Then last night we had violent thunderstorms with hail. I rained so hard, it knocked over our broccoli plants.
Mom said once when she went to California, she was traveling from Reno Nevada to Sacremento. When they left Nevada it had just stopped raining and there was a rainbow over the city, then they drove through the mountains and it was snowing.She said it was pretty freaky.

Mr. Puggle® said...

nice weather site. thanks. we only have humid humid humid weather after a cold cold cold winter and spring. but the blackhawks are making us all happy in chi town!

Anonymous said...

Our human lived in Pennsylvania where there was snow she talks about it but we don't pay any attention. We live in Texas, never snows here it's mostly hot so we have a baby pool to swim in. We're pugs too, I'm Ellie an apricot, Emmitt and Eli are black..they get real hot in the sun...snow would be good for them. Oh, nix the idea or wordless Wednesday, our human loves your updates.

Odey said...

It's been crazy weather all over the country. We got 3-4 inches of snow in Utah all over the state just two days ago! Now it's back to a crispy spring. Go figure. It's almost June!

Noodle said...

Oh, Mr. Puggle! Your Hawks helped to break my humans' hearts. I still don't get it, but congratulations to you and good luck. I hope you win that cup they call Stanley. Seems weird to me that someone named a cup. None of our cups have names...

Stella Louise said...

Puglet, I will trade you snow for 85 and bugs.

Oisín said...

Yup Puglet,
We is always have weathers here in Irelands! Hehe! Right now its raining! :(

Oh and puglet my mummys did email your mummys cos we is moving and you will needs our new address for flat puglet! :D!!

Loves
Oisín
x

Anonymous said...

Here in Portland, Oregon (yes, home of JENNY the pug!) the weather has been really uhmmm... odd... the past few weeks, very unseasonal. Rain, rain and more rain, slush, hail, crazy insane weather for being almost June... we are all ready for some sunshine and long walks in the park.

p.s. I wish I could figure out how to post here as "someone" rather than Anonymous :-(

THE PUGLET said...

99 degrees? Broccoli killing rain? 85 and bugs??
Sounds like everyone is having crazy weather.

I've heard of global warming, but global snowing, wetting and bugging? Hmmm. Sounds like the midwest where Sugar lives is the only place with good weather right now.

THE PUGLET said...

PS: it just started doing that hail thing outside.

Ashley Potter said...

Hi Puglet!! We have had crazy hot weather in Chicago this week. My Puggie, her name is Emma, has had a tough time but she's been a trouper!! Today is the first day not in the 90's all week, in fact its 65 and overcast here! Has been a pleasant change :)

Love,
Ash and Emma Pug

Crabbie Chris said...

Oh Puglet...this rain has put a damper on my play times with Spencer! Ugh when it rains dog parks are closed...I can't handle that. It makes mom sad too, she has to work outside in the rain..can you imagine? I get to stay toasty and warm at daycare. Bummer your surprise got cancelled, but can't your mom take you into the snow?

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hello's Puglet!!

Today's it's really super duper nice in our neck of the woods!! It's high 70's and Sunny! Daddy's off work today and Mommy's trying to convience him to cut the grassy grass! (hee hees)
Daddy pretends he doesn't hear us!
Maybe we can send him outsides for some'ums 'dens locks him outs of 'da house!!
(hee hees - snorts)
loves,
Josie, Izzy (hey Puglet Muffin)
Anakin Man

dw said...

Hi Puglet! Sorry about the snow cancelling your surprise. It's a beautiful day here in Chicago! It's 66 now, but it was in the 70s earlier and a sunny, breezy, non-humid day! Just perfect for an afternoon baseball game!