Tuesday, May 25, 2010

STUFF IN MY EYES (and stuff)

Thanks for being so nice to Dutch while my eye was unsquinting. He doesn't have the best self-esteem, so I think getting to pretend he's me makes him feel better about himself.

Now that I'm back, I've got a whole bunch of stuff to tell you. Like, the cowpie factory is back in business. Yup, the T-1 cow family came back! The black and white mommas, the baby triplets from the video - I saw all of them this weekend (right before my eye got all squinty). It was sooo good to see my cow firends again. And snack on their supertasty pies.

Now this is kinda random, but since we're talking about eyes, check out this close up taken from today's picture. That's my human. In my eyeball. Taking my picture! Is that cool or what? She says dog eyes reflect all sorts of stuff, but pug eyes are super-reflecty because they're so.. puggy.


Click on the pictures to see our eyes giant-sized!

Ok, now back to the other stuff I want to tell you about.

Good news
After a very long vacation, my slacker flat self is FINALLY back. My human still has some emails to answer, but it looks like things in the flat department are finally under control. Phew!! A whole bunch of Flatties just went to the post office to spread the word about recycled dogs across the whole entire planet. And maybe even into space.

Not-so-good-news
Last week, a local animal shelter caught on fire in the middle of the night. A dog living in an apartment above the shelter woke up her human and totally saved the day, but not all of the animals living in the shelter made it out. And now the shelter is closed. As soon as we heard the news, we volunteered to help clean-up and rebuild.

The Berkeley-East Bay Human Society has been helping animals in need since 1927 (!) and will need lots of help to recover from the fire. Donations, volunteers and foster homes are at the top of the need-list. You can read more about the shelter at
berkeleyhumane.org. Oh - and watch this news story because it will totally make you leak - in a good way.

* * *

FLATTIE NEWS!
My flat self comes back with a visit to New Jersey where he makes friends with a new (and VERY big & sweet) recycled friend.

Read about it at flatpuglet.com!

17 comments:

agent99 said...

Glad you're back Puglet!! Dutch did a good job yesterday, but he still could use some pointers from you, OK?
Our blogger-buudy Dana is in town. Her Sexy Pug Penny had to go to sleep a few weeks ago. She needs some pug love while she is looking for a new, used pug. http://beefypug.blogspot.com/

love Gen & the Foo!

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet. I'm glad your eye is better. I know how painful it can be. When I was a puppy the mean cat of whom we do not speak scratched my eye a couple of times. Then he went to live on a farm. No, he's REALLY on a farm, killing snakes and chasing dogs off the property...Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I met Jenny this weekend at the Pug Crawl in Portland, which raises money for the Oregon Humane Society. I thought I'd send along some photos.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=242994&id=67123324551

Beautiful photo of your eye, by the way :)
Scoutie

3pugs2luv said...

It's good to have you back in working order. We always enjoy hearing from Dutch but we don't like to hear you're not feeling well. Those eye pictures were very cool.
As soon as we heard about the fire last week we sent our cookie money & whatever else we could spare. It wasn't much but if everybody sent some cookie money that could add up to a lot of cookies. Phoebe tried to send actual cookies(our cookies are actually baby carrots but we don't tell Phoebe that)in the mail but she couln't get the envelope to stay closed. Plus our human said that money helps more. What could be more help to a dog than a treat? We are putting our pug heads together to think of other ways we can help. If come up with anything let us know.
Zoey & Phoebe

Crabbie Chris said...

Hiya Puglet, I totally loved having Brother Dutch do the blog (he's my secret crush..shh don't tell Spencer B.), but I'm glad you're back. So mom and I think you should do the bay to barkers...they have a lead dog contest (that should be you Puglet!) You can raise tons of money for all the recycled dog/cats at that shelter. You'd get it for sure...everyone loves Puglet!

Oh mom said she's working on getting her FP pictures to you...he went to Disneyland! I wanted to go, but mom said something about no liveb pugs allowed..hmmm

THE PUGLET said...

Heya Gen & The Foo!

We didn't know Penny until she went to sleep, but Stubby filled us in on her sexy beefy specialness. With whipped cream on top. Hugs to her mom from us :)

THE PUGLET said...

OMD, Scoutie -

You really met Jenny? THE Jenny? MY Jenny?? Holy mother of pugs. Did you sniff butts? Need details.

BTW, The Pug Crawl looks superfun (love the green carpet!).

Attention all SF/Bay Area pugs, we MUST unite & organize!!

THE PUGLET said...

Zoey & Phoebe ~ that's so sweet to send in your, uhm, carrot cookies. I think it's supposed to be the thought that counts. And what's more thoughtful than two pugs giving up their food???

THE PUGLET said...

Heya Bella~T,

I won't tell Dutch, but I think the feeling could be mutual? He said something about wanting to share his rubber chicken with you, but not wanting to diss Spencer B. Dutch is respectful like that.

Can't wait to see FP in Disney!

PS: Dutch sharing his rubber chicken is HUGE. He loves that thing like you don't know. He will even let my human stick a camera in his face for it (that's what she's holding in the eyeball picture).

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet. Jenny and I did not seem to be too interested in each other. I think there might be a little jealousy...maybe that's just from me. I thought she was looking a little tubey...Did I say that out loud?

I think if you watched my video you might just leave thoughts of Jenny behind!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kinkradio#p/a/u/1/Jp8KjQGdV5c

THE PUGLET said...

Loved your video Scoutie! I didn't know you were a she-pug! How come Portland has such hot pugs?? And how'd you land a job as a mascot? I want to work in a place where people eat teriyaki shrimp for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back Puglet. You have a very beautiful eye!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Puglet! Glad yousa eye balls feeling betters! We do likes spot dot too though! Glad to hears 'bout the Flatties too!

Puglet, we's are so sorry bout the Animal Shelter! We are sending our thoughts and pawrayers and we will checks out the site and the story~
Loves,
Izzy, Josie,
Anakin Man

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet. It IS an awesome job. My mom is the webmaster for the station and she has been taking me to work with her since I was a puppy. Maybe next year you would like to come up and be a celebrity judge too? I can't promise Jenny, but I think you'd have a great time!
Scoutie

Odey said...

Ooh, Puglet, you should do it. You are totally a celebrity now, and you'd be a great judge. You might even get to meet Jenny : ) Do I smell puggy love in the air?

Wilma said...

Hey Puglet,
Welcome back. Glad your eye is feeling better. That is so cool about your mom's reflection. I am going to have to check my eyes too. Your cows are back too? That is great news.
I feel terrible about the shelter. That was a very tender video. Those kids are so special to donate their lemonade earnings.

Apollo said...

I'm glad your eye is better. That eye thing with your Mom is cool. I'm really sorry to hear about your local animal shelter. If we lived closer we would definately volunteer our manpower (well Mom would be womanpower, right?). I agree with everyone else. You are a celebrity and should continue making appearances to raise money for good causes.

Ollie said...

Hi Puglet,
So glad your eye is on the mend. I'm on the mend, too. I had surgery to remove some non-malignant lumps and bumps on the weekend, so now I'm mostly snoozing due to synthetic morphine. Now that your cows are back, I'll spend the day dreaming of those yummy cow pies.
I also have some big news of my own-I finally got some Popeye's nuggets!! On the way home from the hospital we went to the drive-thru. The nice lady even gave me extra nuggets when
she saw me sitting in the back seat semi-stoned and wearing the plastic cone of shame.
Anyway, my meds are kicking in. Time to dream of cow pies...