Monday, May 24, 2010

BAD EYE DAY

Hi everyone. Puglet hurt his eye running through the grass during our cow hike this weekend. Don't worry, it's nothing serious (the vet said it's just irritated and gave him some drops). He's just not feeling his, quote, "cutest" and asked me to fill in today.

So, uhm. Well. I'm not the greatest public speaker so maybe I should just talk about Puglet? Because of his squinty eye, Puglet didn't make his great agility debut this weekend. He was extremely disappointed by this - especially when he found out some blogger-pugs were at the event.

Honestly? I think it's for the best. I know he's told you all about practicing to be agile, but I've seen these 'practices' and they are nothing like the real thing. Puglet mostly just goofs around on the obstacles and poses for pictures. Maybe now he'll g
et serious and do some real training in time for his next event... but I doubt it.

Puglet was also really looking forward to today's comeback of Flat Puglet. Our kitchen has been full of Flatties for the past few weeks, and even though I know they're here to do good in the world, they really creep me out. My human has promised they will be all be gone today... until the next invasion.

I'll let Puglet reintroduce the adventures of his flat self when he comes back tomorrow.

Lastly, the great bed-hog debate is over. I now have my own special plug-in blanket and am happy to stay on my warm & toasty side of the bed. I accepted Puglet's semi-sincere apology and extended an equally semi-sincere invitation to share my blanket, should he ever get cold. He never gets cold, so I doubt this will ever happen.

PS. For the record, I'm not the only one who thinks pugs are shaped like loaves of bread.

19 comments:

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

We missed you this weekend, Puglet (and Dutch). There were 5 pugs showing on Saturday, and 3 on Sunday. We all had a lot of fun. We even took a picture with the "group", Flat Puglet, and the honorary spotted pug, Miley.
Arnie the agility pug

Mia said...

It was nice of you to fill in today Dutch!! Glad you and Puglet were able to work the bed hog thing out!! Hope Puglet feels better soon!!

~Hugs~

Lilo

Oisín said...

Hey Dutch,
Im hoping puglet feels better soon!
And that pug really does look like a loaf of bread! Hehe!

Love
Oisín
x

Miley said...

Hey Dutch,
Tell Puglet that we really missed him this weekend. I got to hang out with the pugs all weekend. Bambi's little person was great! she threw the ball for me!!!!! Here is a photo of all of us http://www.hot2spotdalmatians.com/pugselkgrove.html check it out.

Miley the wannabe Pug

Crabbie Chris said...

Hiya Brother Dutch, I totally love when you take over the blogs (but don't tell Puglet) because you always have something great to say. I also love your pictures, such a handsome boy! I'm sorry Puglet's eye got hurt and that he had to miss agility. You should have filled in for him. I bet you'd do a mean weave.
I'm glad you got a heated blanket, maybe you'd want to cuddle under it? hehe

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of you Dutch. Please tell Puglet we hope he feels better. Maybe Puglet should enter a doggy modeling contest, as he seems to like to pose so much! Too bad there aren't any contests like that.

Wilma said...

Hi Dutch,
Tell Puglet I'm sorry to hear about his eye. It's always nice to hear from you though. I'm sure glad your in the clear about the bedhog thing. I've got no excuse, I'm not cold, I just like hogging the bed

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Dutch!! Yous cute little spot dot doggie yous!! I hopes Puglets eye will be O.K and he will be backs to himself's in no time! Not 'dat we don't mind hearing from you. Yousa cutes too! We still thinks yousa makes Puglet count alls your little spot dots!! So you really thinks we looks life Pug loaves Huh?? 'Dem are fighting words. I was just ready to trys on my little bikini's too...Nows I'm not so sures! Hmmm...Maybe I get a one piece for Stubby to see me ins~
xoxoxox Josie

agent99 said...

Wow, we hope Puglet eye feels better soon. It was nice of you to take over the blog today to let your bro rest.

PeeS: How do ya get your ears to stay up like that?

Love
Gen & the Foo

3pugs2luv said...

Please give Puglet a get well soon cuddle from us. It's nice to see you getting comfortable in the spotlight.
Zoey & Phoebe

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dutch, you are so very handsome. Puglet gets all the credit sometimes, but you are a noble and intelligent guy.

Unknown said...

hahahaha - we have a name we throw around here "puggeh loaf" - inspired by the LOL catz "kitteh loaf" - it's so so so true.

THE PUGLET said...

Whoa. For a second I thought Arnie was Puglet in the group picture - they look like twins! I could not imagine a world with TWO Puglets.

THE PUGLET said...

Miss Bellatrix, you are always so sweet to me. You are invited to share my blanket anytime (and that isn't a semi-sincere invitation either).

THE PUGLET said...

PS: my ears do not do that kind of craziness by themselves; it takes a strong wind.

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

Or two Arnies......one of us will have to dye our hair or something.
The photo shoot was something else. The only one that behaved was the spotted one. The rest of us were trying so hard to visit, we were wiggling all over. Until Sweet Pea figured out there was a CAMERA, then she was in Super-Model model.
We sure missed you there. LOTS of treats at a trial - you would have liked that, for sure.

Apollo said...

The Pug loaf is hysterical! I'm not wide enough for that, though - Mommy says thankfully. I'm sorry to hear about your eye. When I was playing outside I had a stick poke a hole in my left eye. I had to have emergency surgery to put a plug in. This happened when I was only a year old. And half of my sight is now missing in that eye. And when I was two, I was playing and grass scratched my other eye. Luckily I didn't need surgery and was on drops for what seemed like forever. I have slight vision impairment from that too. I'm only three, so my Mommy is super worried about me cause she doesn't want me to be blind before I'm an adult. She even bought be doggles to try to protect my eyes when I'm in certain environments. I hate them and refuse to wear them for more than a few minutes. Maybe your Mom could try some doggles on you and see if you like them? I hope your eye heals up quickly without any lasting effects!

Mr. Puggle® said...

ahahahahha pug loaf. SO funny! great job dutch

Anonymous said...

My family and I are having a debate about whether that Pug Loaf of bread is for real or not. I say that totally is a real dog and they say it's edited to look like one. Can someone clear this up for us please.

While he eats too much, that is so a real dog !!
Thanks......