Monday, July 5, 2010

HAPPY JULY 4th MONDAY

So, my human went to a meat-fest yesterday - just like the one on Memorial Day that me and Dutch weren't allowed to attend. And just like on Memorial Day, we weren't allowed to go to this one either.

But unlike the Memorial Day Meat Fest, this time my human brought us home a doggie bag! Actually, it was one of those tupperware things, but when she walked through the door carrying something other than car keys, I knew it must be for us. This never happens, and I was soooooo excited. It almost made up for being left home. Alone. With the scary firework noises.

That is, until she opened the tupperware thing to give us a taste of what she brought home. And what was inside it was not meat. Or anything even remotely meaty. The stuff was kind of the same color as meat, but smelled funny and had little chewy black things stuck in it. The black things were super bitter and I spit them out, which is good because my human said you're not supposed to eat them.

I forget what the stuff my human brought home is called, but it's low in calories and supposedly a "traditional 4th of July food". I've given up trying to keep track of all these weird Special-Days, but I really want to know if there's a day with a "traditional food" that tastes more like, say, Popeye's fried chicken??


11 comments:

agent99 said...

Aw, poor puglet!!! We loves that pink stuff, and the orange stuff too, but not as much as the hotdogs!
At least she brought ya something!

Love
Gen & the Foo

Anonymous said...

Puglet...you are looking pretty good in that picture...not sure you need to loose any weight! We just barked at those funny noises last night...but didn't manage to scare them off. Mom stayed home, so it was ok...had to protect her though!

How did Dutch do? Somehow (and of course, since he isn't a Pug) just worried about him and fireworks.

Pearl and Tessa

Wilma said...

Hi Puglet,
We had the same non meat red stuff too over here. It was OK, but it's no substitute for meat!
I don't know if it is the camera angle or what, but you are looking pretty svelte in that picture there. Maybe the moratorium on treats could ease up, become a little more lenient. You've got my vote.

Lola said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE watermelon, too- and cantaloupe. My mom says it's mostly water, so ok for a pug. My family went to watch the fireworks last night, too, but I have to stay home- they say dogs get scared and sometimes run away. Hope brother Dutch survived!
Lafayette Lola

3pugs2luv said...

We Looovve watermelon. Our human cuts it in big slices & we eat like an old fashion typewriter- whatever that is. Maybe try the seedless kind. We got scared last night by all the big noises, so our human held us 'til we fell asleep with the TV at top volume. We're glad this is only once a year.
Zoey & Phoebe

Crabbie Chris said...

Hmmm...I have never tried watermelon! Mom isn't too crazy about the stuff, but she's willing to buy some for me! Good times hanging out with you yesterday, I was happy mom let me run around off leash so we could romp. Maybe we'll see each other at PugSun in Dublin?

THE PUGLET said...

I didn't think the big boom noises were so bad. It was the pop-pop-pop-pop-pop ones that freaked me out. Miraculously, Dutch didn't min=d any of them.

Bella-T, my human hates watermelon. I think that's the only reason why there was any left over for us! That and I think it doesn't add to existing fatness.

THE PUGLET said...

Oh yeah - and today's picture with me and the painting of the watermelon thing? My human took it on May 31st. That was before my stay at the House of Meat. Back when I *was* svelte.

You all have very good eyes.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh Puglet, you had your first watermelon! Too bad you got psyched, but it is a wonderful treat. Not meat though, which is a pug's best friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Puglet.
The best part of any holiday is having an extra day with mom not at work.
The big noises don't bother me (a benefit of being deaf I guess), but mom took me out on the deck so I could watch the sparkle lights and those are fun to bark at!! Guess I wasn't supposed to bark, so I didn't get to watch for long.
Love holidays!
-Tobee

Kitty+Coco said...

Let me tell you the fireworks got me riled up. I raised my head slightly and gave a growl, combined with a short Guff. Kitty gave a proper Baruuuugggggghhhhh. Anyway, I let them know they needed to give it a rest.

For the record we think that bringing home watermelon in bull crap. You need MEAT!

Snorts,
Coco