Tuesday, July 6, 2010

RETURN TO PLANET BEST BUY

So, my human has needed a new phone for like ages now. No big deal, right? Right. Except my human hates shopping, doesn't like new technology, and can't stand anything that might be a hassle. Somehow, I guess buying a new phone involves all of those things.

Especially when you go to the Verizon store by our house. And some {quote} "Sales Witch" laughs at you and says you're "too old" to buy the phone you think you want. I've never used a phone, so I have no idea how you can be too old for one, but apparently the one my human wanted is made for 15 year olds. And she is waaaay older than that.

Talking to the Sales Witch sent my human running to Google, who totally helped her find a different phone to buy. But no way was she going back to where the witch lives, so I said we should go to the place she got HAL4 (our computer) because when HAL 1, 2, and 3 died right after we got them, the place made everything OK without any kind of hassle.

My human liked that idea, so over the weekend we took a trip to Planet Best Buy. I picked out an even cooler phone than the one my human (and Google) thought she wanted. It has a real keyboard with buttons and stuff that doesn't make her angry like the touchy screen ones do. Some guy called a 'guru' even showed her how to use it so her gimpy brain wouldn't explode. And when there was some problem that made her new $50 phone turn into $170 phone, the Best Buy people totally fixed it. Just like when all the HALs broke.

The coolest thing about our trip to Planet Best Buy is that our new phone lets you twitter and facebook and stuff. Now my human will have no excuse not to help me social network :)

14 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! That's so cool that your human got a new phone. What kind did she get? And the new phone allows her to use twitter and facebook? Sounds like a win-win to me!

I still can't get over the fact that you get to go to Planet Best Buy but I guess you are a famous star and all. Maybe one day I'll get to the Planet.

Stubby xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are so savvy Puglet. Your human totally needs your reliance when it comes to these savvy new technologies and internet stuff. I can tell that Google's been your friend for a long time, as you seem to be on totally on top of stuff.

Cooper_Pug said...

Yay more social networking from Puglet! I use mom and dad's phones to tweet all the time. Its very convenient. Looking forward to tweeting with you.

agent99 said...

Hey, how do you get into Planet Best Buy?? That must be so cool! No dogs allowed by us *pouty pug face*.
And one word to the wise....never mention the world "old" in the same sentance your refer to your human in.....it does NOT help get you extra treats.

Love
Gen & the Foo

Lola said...

You should totally send today's post/ photo to The Planet. Maybe they'll love it so much that they want to be a corporate sponsor of the next Blue/Green Pug videos. Or at least hang it up in the store or something.
Lafayette Lola

THE PUGLET said...

Hey everybody! Hope you all had a good July 4th.... and got to eat something better than watermelon :)

The new phone is an "HTC TouchPro2". I liked that it has the word "Pro" in it and figure the "2" must mean it's better than the "1" one. Uh, right?

The phones with touchy keyboards make my human angry, so this one has a real keyboard too. She can still barely use it to make a phone call, but at least there's hope. Watch out Twitter!

THE PUGLET said...

Stubbs, Gen, The Foo ~

You really can't just walk in to Planet Best Buy? Really?? If there was a sign that said No Pugs Allowed, I totally didn't see it. Even Dutch has been there and he's not nearly as small or cute as a pug!

THE PUGLET said...

Oooh - good thinking Lola! I just tweeted it at them. I think.

Mel said...

Yay for Google, Social Networking and Your Human...all of them mean we get to know you Puglet. :D

Kitty+Coco said...

There must be a sister witch living in the south near us. Mom HATES dealing with the technology hassles. She still doesn't have a phone with the net. It would help us blog though, so I am trying to convince her. Sounds like you really helped, Pug.

Sighs (Kitty) and Snorts (Coco)

THE PUGLET said...

Is OK Kitty & Coco -

there's always hope. My human's old phone didn't do anything but talk and now she can tweet and google and stuff (at least in theory).

3pugs2luv said...

Congrats on the new phone & embracing cutting edge technology. Social technology scares our human but not all the creepy medical stuff she studies-she's weird. We would like to be more social but we don't think it will happen any time soon.
Zoey & Phoebe

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Yay Puglet!!!! Our mom has a iphone and she is constantly twittering, facebooking, blogging, etc... Kind of annoying but then she posts my cute picture everywhere so it's okay! Enjoy!

XO,
Lola & Mama Monster

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Hey Puglet - our mom and dad just got new phones a couple of weeks ago. They both got the HTC Incredible, which is an awesome phone. My mom is pretty tech savvy, but does wish that it had a physical keyboard as well. The HTC phones are really good phones. The only problem with the new phone is that it always seems to be in her hands - twittering or facebooking or something along those lines. We hope your humans new phone does well for her!!

Pugs & Kisses

Yoda & Brutus