Saturday, December 12, 2009

GREETINGS FROM PLANET BEST BUY

Yesterday I missed my very first daily post since I started blogging over 8 months ago. And it's all because of my human's stupid new computer.

The stupid new computer (HAL the 4th) was supposed to make my human's life easier. It was supposed to be fast and strong. It was supposed to work hard so she wouldn't have to spend so much time staring at it. But I guess The-computer- people-whose-name-rhymes-with-HELL have a funny idea of what 'easier' means.

In our house, easier does not mean buying four (FOUR!) brand new computers to finally get one that works (sort of).
Easier doesn't mean driving across the orange bridge one day and the grey bridge the next to go get these new (broken) computers. It does not mean spending hours and hours on the phone with someone named India who is very nice but has an accent that makes my human's gimpy brain hurt.

So far, the only good thing about our stupid new computer made by The-
computer -people-whose-name-rhymes-with-HELL is that my human bought it at a place called Best Buy. We spent A LOT of time at a whole bunch of different Best Buys this week and the Best Buy people were always very nice and helpful. They didn't always get it right, but they tried really hard and that's a good thing.

The Best Buy people didn't give me any cookies or anything, but they did lots of stuff to make my human feel better. They even got
The-computer-people-whose- name-rhymes-with-HELL to send a Geek to our house to fix Hal the 4th. Of course The-computer-people-whose-name-rhymes-with-HELL sent Mr. Geek the wrong part so he has to come back next week... but at least it's in his hands now.

Anyway. I don't usually get involved in human stuff, but if anyone's thinking about buying a computer-people-whose-name-rhymes-with-HELL Studio XPS... you've been warned.

If you have to buy anything else, Best Buy seems to understand what easier means. If it doesn't work, they take it back. Again and again and again. No hassle. No problem. Just keep your receipt and tell them I sent you.


12 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Thanks for the advice Puglet! We agree with you on Best Buy trying hard to make things right also! We hope Hal the 4th works better soon.

Anonymous said...

I missed you yesterday, I was worried something was wrong - but glad it was 'only' the computer. My parents have their shares of those computer problems too! I have to let you know that I am now part of your sweater club. My mom found the last size S at our Old Navy store. My dad says I look like I should be in college now (whever that means). My sisters think I look adorable, thanks to you!!

Frodo

SpencerBartholomew said...

Missed you yesterday but we thought that might be the problem... my human has had issues with those computers with the name that rhymes with hell and she says "Get a Mac!" Hopefully she is talking about Mac & Cheese... yum... Today (Sunday) is the Walnut Creek Pug Meet but it's raining (so sad)... but I also start school at ARF today... my human says it will be fun and I will learn to come when called... we'll see about that. Good luck with Hal and that shopping thing.

Anonymous said...

I was worried yesterday when didn't post. I'm sorry your person had so much trouble, but am glad that everyone is ok.

Clear puggin
Scamper

dw said...

I've heard other people say similar things about that computer place that rhymes with HELL. Yeah. I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago and got myself one of those little baby computers. They call it a netbook and the Geek squad on the phone was helpful in d/ling a program to be able to use the external DVD thingy I bought with it. I's pretty computer illiterate. But I'm glad you're back up and running and blogging and being the cute little puggie you are! :)

Mr. Puggle® said...

oh bummer puglet. :(

Ollie said...

Puglet, we feel your pain! My human says our computers work best when we need them the least and always "act up" when there's a big deadline, followed by the copier and scanner going nuts. The only piece of equipment that has never let us down is the stapler.

3pugs2luv said...

Good to have you back! We were a little worried when we didn't see you. We were hoping you were on some exciting adventure with lots of fun things to report back. Sorry to hear it wasn't. Good luck with Hal #? Those Geek guys are really good: they come to our house all the time for the computer, tv...whatever. Sometimes they play with us & one time one even shared part of his lunch with us--IT WAS AWESOME! So maybe your geek will do the same for you.
Keep Waggin, Yoda, Zoey & Phoebe

Fulmer the Pug said...

My mom says she doesn't like those computer-people-whose-name-rhymes-with-Hell either. She says she likes some computer named Mack. I think that's a cool name.

THE PUGLET said...

Welcome to the sweater club, Frodo! I'm glad your people got you the college kind and not the pinky/girly kind.

Funny - I heard my human say a few times that she's about an inch away from getting a Mack. One of the Best Buy Geeks tried to talk her into it too.

But I guess to get a Mack like the computer-whose-name-rhymes-with-HELL it would cost like $2400. I think that would seriously cut into our cookie/toy budget so I said no way to getting a Mack.

At least I got to meet lots of new people this week. I hope the Geek brings lunch next time!!

Smushie Ranch said...

BOL! Mom has the same computer. It's named Hal though, we usually hear her calling it 'piece of s*$t'. Seems like an awfully long name to me. I think it might be from England and related to the Queen or something because mom sometimes calls it Royal Pain in the Ass.

Tell your mom good luck with Hal the 4th!

Snarfs,
Gunther

THE PUGLET said...

Oh no Gunther!

My human's *old* computer got yelled at a lot.
I thought maybe Hal the 4th would be better. Geeeze.

The Dell fixit man came today and now it works. At least for now. Paws crossed!!!