Wednesday, December 30, 2009

NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION

Christmas was so confusing, I'm not even going to try to understand New Years. I asked my human about it but gave up when she got to the part about fizzy drinks and a giant ball dropping off a building. In some place called Times Square. At midnight.

If a ball was dropping off a building here in San Francisco, during waking hours, I might be interested. But it's not. So all I know about New Year's is that when it gets here, I have to start walking off my heftiness. My human said getting rid of heftiness will be my New Year's revolution. Or something like that. She said a lot of people start revolutions on January 1st because it's the first day of a brand new year.

Huh?

Like I said, confusing. Luckily my human has a New Year's tradition I can actually understand: on the last day of every year, she takes pictures. Not just any pictures though. I mean, she does that like every day. These pictures are special because she takes them with an old camera her mother gave her like a million years ago.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I guess this camera is extrasuperspecial because it was the first one she ever owned. It also eats something called film (?) and can only take 36 pictures before it gets full. And
I guess when the camera gets full, the old year can be over and a new one can start.

I'm kinda excited about this end-of-year picture taking thing. I usually get lots of cookies when my human uses her camera and I need to eat all the cookies I can get before I have to start my New Year's revolution.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and read the whole thing! We are 3 crazy pugs and a boxer living on the East coast. We are all rescues too.Puglet you are so handsome.
Love, Beanie,One-eye Jack, Coco, and Tia.
Look forward to reading your blog in the New Year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

I went to Long Beach to a big dog show a couple of weeks ago. They had lots of cookies, I mean lots of cookies and people gave them to me for being cute, I didn't have to do anything! I visited the nice people everyday for 6 days it was the best! My mom said I gained like 5 pounds and that I have to start working out more to work off the extra cookies. Maybe we can go visit the cows and walk off the holiday cookies. Are cowpies considered cookie or are they lo-cal? My mom said I have to start eating lo-cal stuff. Not sure what that is but I hope it tastes good.
Your spotted chubby friend Miley
your spotted friend Miley

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Beanie, One-eye Jack, Coco, & Tia. Welcome to the Daily Puglet :)

I used to live with a boxer before I got recycled. Boxers are the coolest (sorry brother Dutch, but they are).

My cousin Sophie lives on your coast in some place called New Jersey. I hope you don't live there because I just heard they are supposed to get more snow for New Year's.

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Miley -

I don't think babycow pies are lo-cal. My human said they made us all puke because they're made from rich momma-cow milk (I don't think something can be 'rich' and lo-cal).

Maybe regular cowpies are Ok though? I guess we could always just roll in them like your bro Boka does. I don't think rolling in pooh can make you fat. Just dirty.