Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DELANCEY STREET

I'm not 100% sure what this latest holiday is about, but with all the fuss people are making, it must be a big one.

Even though this is my second Christmas, I was a puppy last time and don't really remember how it works. It seems to have something to do with trees. ANd not just any trees -- weird leafless trees.

In our yard there's a tree that makes lemons and a tree that makes roses, but there aren't any weird leafless ones. So yesterday we went to the local Delancey Street Xmas Tree Lot to buy a new tree. The Delancey Street lot wasn't the closest place to buy our tree, but my human said it's the best.

ME: Uhm, isn't a tree a tree? I mean, they don't even have leaves.
HUMAN: Yeah, but it's not about the tree.

At first I thought she meant Christmas isn't about the tree.
And I thought, oh great! Another special-day that seems like it's about one thing but is totally about something else?? I was about to start whining about humans and their confusing holidays... when my human starting talking about Delancey Street.

We're not going to the Delancey Street lot because their trees are special, Puglet. We're going to Delancey Street because Delancey Street is special. They're uhm... kinda like a rescue group. For humans.
They help addicts, ex-convicts, and homeless people get a second chance at life.

Wow. Really? I know what it's like to be recycled and get a second chance. I had no idea humans could be recycled too.

Anyway.

All the men at the
Delancey Street tree place were suuuuper nice. They pet me and said I was cute and didn't laugh too hard at the stupid deer-ears my human stuck on my head. They even helped us pick out the best weird leafless tree ever.

I still have no idea if Christmas is about the tree or not. But if it is, our Delancey Street tree will definitely make this special-day extrasuperspecial.

9 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

Puglet, that's super nice of your mom to get a tree from Delancey Street. The leafless tree will make your house smell really good, just be sure not to pee on it or your mom will go nuts like our mom did. It's a tree, what else am I supposed to do on it? So confusing.

We could only get a really small tree this year because our new sister like to take all the decorations off. Our of her reach, and out of my pee reach. Christmas is turning out to be not so fun...

Snorts & hugs,
Gunther

SpencerBartholomew said...

Puglet... your human has a big heart and I'll bet the guys at Delancey Street are still talking about how cute you were! We got our tree (my first)... it's really cool but all those toys that are hanging on it (think they're called "decorations") are way too high for me to reach! I did get one that fell on the floor and it was fun to play "keep away" with my humans, but they won and game was over... Enjoy your special tree and this special time.

Mr. Puggle® said...

cute pic!

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Recycling is a good thing! Humans and animals alike. Our leafless tree is very cool. Another blog site said that presents often appear under the leafless inside trees. Do you think that means treats??? This is my first Christmas also. I was only a week old on my actual first Christmas so I don't remember anything. Humans have the strangest habits.

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I think you look really cool in your reindeer ears. I have a small pair that Mom tried to put on me years ago. I wouldn't wear them and they have been at the bottom of my toy box ever since.

That Delancey street sounds like a really cool place. I have to get San Francisco one of these days with my parents. Everytime they go I get left at home.

Stubby xoxo

Buford T. Justice said...

Hey Puglet,
My Human's are going to get our leafless tree today and definitely DON'T pee on it. I did that my first year and boy were my humans MAD!!!!!

Tell your mom that we think it is VERY COOL that you got your leafless tree from Delancy Street. My human mom is a "recycled person" who has been sober for almost 5 years. (I don't know what that means but she says I didn't know her then) Anyway, she sends a BIG hug to your human.

Buford T. Justice and the Pack O' Pugs

THE PUGLET said...

Gunther & Buford - Dude! You guy peed on your special tree?? Holy. My human would go nuts too.

When we were at the Delancey Street tree place I was just sniffing around, checking stuff out and the whole time my human kept nagging at me about peeing:

Puglet, don't pee.
Puglet, no peeing.
Do NOT pee, ok Puglet?

I guess now I know why :)

THE PUGLET said...

Hrmmm... our weird leafless tree is still naked. No hangy stuff to play with, no presents underneath it or anything. I wonder what's up with that???

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Stubbs!

Tell your people they must bring you next time. You can hang out with me! Bring your deer-ears too so we can be twins.

We can go to a place called Crossroads Cafe - it's run by Delancey Street too. There are outdoor tables so us dogs can hang out with our people. Everyone there is crazysuuuper nice & and the food is yummy.