Friday, December 18, 2009

LAST WORD ON CHRISTMAS

Don't worry, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life talking about Christmas. It's just that it seems like such a big deal to humans; from embellishing a special tree to the whole Santa thing, to all those stupid songs my human hates but can't stop singing because they are EVERYWHERE and get stuck in her head.

Christmas seems... well... important.

But after the recent Santa outfit incident I seriously thought about boycotting it. Google says lots of people don't do Christmas. Some people do Hanukkah. Some do Kwanzaa. Why can't I be one of those people? I mean pugs.

Google also told me about something called the Christmas Resistance Movement (I think it's for people who don't like Santa) and I kinda liked the sound of that. But when I told my human about wanting to skip Christmas, she said if I skip Christmas there won't be any goodies for me under the tree on Christmas morning.

Uhm, is it just me or does that sound a little bit like blackmail? Celebrate this confusing, weird special-day... or else?!? Well. Her ultimatum just made me want to skip Christmas even more. And I was about to join The Resistance when two really, uh, jolly things happened.

Jolly thing #1: When The Man saw yesterday's picture, he felt really bad for buying me that Santa outfit. So he took back the goofy Santa suit and got me my very own weird leafless tree, with tree-toys on it and everything (I kinda ate one by mistake - they kinda looked like cookies. Please don't tell Santa).

Jolly thing #2: My buddy Spencer sent me this special greeting from a Santa. Santa said he's been watching me (kinda creepy, but ok) and knows I've been a very good boy. Santa also had a book with my picture in it along with a reminder to give me LOTS OF TREATS for Christmas. How cool is that?!

Between the tree and the message from Santa, this whole Christmas thing is starting to make a little more sense to me. Ok - it still doesn't make any sense at all. But I like it better now that I have my own tree and a promise from a real live video Santa that treats are on the way.

4 comments:

Lola said...

I can't believe you got your very own Christmas tree!
At our house, everyone is going to special parties this month to celebrate. Whitney is even going to an 'ugly Christmas sweater party' tonight. Silly humans...

Anonymous said...

Puglet,

I have to say you and Miley spend way to much time on the computer and thinking about stuff! Just go with the flow. Okay about Christmas, it is a great holiday. I am attending a party on Sat that I have been invited to, just me well mom has to drive me there, only dogs that are therapy dogs can go. They will have music and lots of food, last year they had ham boy was it good! I even got to take some home! All I have to do is go around the room to each person and let them pet me. My mom says that the people there are not able to live with their families because they are either too old or sick so they have to live in a care facility. So they like it when dogs come to visit, some of them had dogs before they moved in to the facility, mom says it makes them happy that they can pet me, I also give some of them kiss’s they really like that. The place is really nice and they have some good food! They like it when I do tricks and give me even more food. I also hear a Santa Hat they tell me I look very cute, and they give me more food! So Christmas in my book is a great holiday!

Your spotted friend
Boka

Ollie said...

Puglet, I think you would like Christmas even more if you got to decorate your own tree. I think Popeye's chicken nuggets would look lovely!

Fulmer the Pug said...

I'm so sorry about your Santa suit Puglet. My Mom has made me wear a Santa suit this Christmas and last Christmas!