Thursday, December 10, 2009

MARKETABLE SKILLS

I've been thinking about getting a job for awhile now. That way my human won't have to spend so much time staring at the computer. Or leave us alone for HOURS and then come home smelling like stranger-dogs.

So I asked my friend Google how to find a job. Google said I need something called a resume, which I thought was kinda like a pedigree and I don't have one of those. But my human said a resume is just a list of jobs you've had and things you're good at doing. I've never had a job before, but I am good at a few things:
  • eating
  • sleeping
  • looking cute
  • making humans happy
  • being a pug
  • getting my picture taken
  • telling stories
According to Google I don't have many "marketable skills", but my eating expertise could maybe get me a job as a food critic . A food critic? I had no idea you could get paid to eat food. I mean, helllllllo! I'd eat food for free!!

I looked into it and found that food critics do most of their eating in restaurants, so I asked my human to take me to one. She said dogs aren't really allowed in restaurants, but I figured maybe if I wore a sweater or something I could blend in.

And it worked! Sort of.

I made it into the restaurant, was seated at a table and waited for someone to bring me something to eat. I waited. And waited. And waited some more. Lots of people AwWwed and told me I'm SOOOO cute, but no one ever brought me food. How can I become a food critic if I can't get served in restaurants??

Is there any job that pays just to be cute??

5 comments:

Rosie the Party Pug said...

If there was a job that paid you just to be cute you would be a millionare!

Lola said...

You could be a model, Puglet, but my 12 year old says you have to be 'fierce', too. She says to check out America's Top Model for some posing and walking tips.
Lafayette Lola

THE PUGLET said...

Fierce? Like a nose-pinching lobster?

Hmmm. I'll have to ask Google about that.

agent99 said...

Oh Puglet, you are FIERCE - fiercely CUTE! Good luck on the job hunt buddy!

Ollie said...

Puglet, you already are a model; look at all the great photos of you on your blog. You definitely know how to "strike a pose". See if you can get your human to put together a portfolio of some of your best pictures (which will be hard because there are so many!). Then send your photos to local and national agents that represent furry four-legged models like you. Before you know it, you'll be in the big leagues, like those dogs that I see on tv commercials, earning more biscuits than you'll know what to do with!