Thursday, July 23, 2009

HELP WANTED

My human's been staring at the computer a little more than usual lately. This gets pretty boring to watch after awhile, so yesterday I finally complained.

Alright, I didn't complain so much as just parked myself at her feet and put on my best sad-eyed look. A look that said I'm withering away from sheer boredom. Step away from the computer. Love me. Play with me. Pay me some attention. Please! At first my human resisted. Then she spilled the beans:

Sorry, Pug. I can't play with you right now, we're in a recession.


Duh. Of course we're in a recession. I hear enough NPR in the car to know that. But I guess this recession thing has made it so my human actually has to spend more time in front of the computer because she's a freelancer (?) and it's getting harder to find work in this economy.
So I came up with a brilliant plan: me and brother Dutch are going to get jobs.

I'm not sure if we have any marketable skills (other than looking cute), but I figure it's worth a try. A job would give us something to do when the human is staring at the computer and bring in some extra money for stuff like new toys and cookies. With the national unemployment rate at 9.7 percent (11.6% here in California) I figure we'll at least have lots of company if we don't find one.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your photos!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

Well I thought I wiould help out remember the other night at the game when I did the best pet trick? Well I won 105 pounds of dog food! So I'm thinking party at my house, I figure I could have you, Dutch, Emmy, Luke, Miley, Schotz and Hanson. Thats like maybe a pound for each of you and 98 pounds for me, hey I won it after all. But mom says NO the food has to go to rescue because at this time there are so many dogs without homes. Do you think she would notice if I ate just a few pounds of it?

See ya
Boka

THE PUGLET said...

105 pounds of food???? I should start learning more tricks!

I understand your dilemma & the party sounds really tempting, but your human is right -- the rescue doggies probably do need the food more than we do.

(I saw all those nachos you ate at the baseball game!)

Anonymous said...

Yea I know your are right buttttttt all that food. Well maybe we can still have a party just not with that much food. I will have my mom call your mom when we get back in town to set it up

hmm maybe mom can make some nachos they sure were good!