Monday, July 27, 2009

CASE OF THE MONDAYS

Is it just me, or should weekends last longer?

On Saturday we went for a hike and I got to see my cow friends and chase squirrels. That was super fun. After that I went to the vet and gave blood for a heartworm test. Not exactly fun, but not so bad either; in exchange for blood, I got a cookie. On the way home we stopped at the pet store to pick up some marrow bones. The guy at the register who usually gives me a cookie accidentally spilled the WHOLE JAR of cookies all over the floor so this time I got LOTS of cookies. After that I probably took a nap. Can't quite remember, but all in all it was a good day.

Sunday was even better. Went to the beach with brother Dutch and the Labradors. The Man (the Labs' human) brought along the coolest new toy that puts all previously mentioned cool toys to shame (I'll review it sometime this week). I also ate a crab leg, nearly got swept out to sea by a tsunami-size wave, and ran into my parrot friends. Got to talk a little more about future flight plans (the parrots make flying sound soooo easy).

When we got home from the beach, my human wanted to mess around with some new camera stuff so I volunteered to be a model. Dutch hates the camera and I've learned that all you have to do is sit really still until the camera makes a clicking noise - then it's cookie time! (FYI - this is
by far the easiest way on earth to score a few cookies). The day ended with a big fat marrow bone and a very long nap.

And now it's Monday.

No comments: