Tuesday, July 20, 2010

INTERROGATION SCENE?

So last night it was finally time for the big interrogation scene. Frank Week was over. Dutch was hiding. My human was totally sleep deprived. Things couldn't have been any perfecter.

Google said the fastest way to get a confession is to mix relaxation with, uh, terror. So I waited for my human to get comfortable on the couch, then tuned into my inner psycho and tried to scare her into talking. I made noises and scary faces. I hovered over her head, trying to intimidate my human the way humans sometimes intimidate dogs.

But nothing. Not a word. Not a peep. Definitely no confession.

And not because my interrogation techniques weren't good or anything. No. She didn't spill the beans because she was sleeping. Yeah. Google didn't mention that when you combine sleep deprivation with relaxation the interrogate-ee might decide to take a nap.

So, the secret lives on for another day. I haven't given up or anything. But when I saw my human lying there, all sleep deprived and napping, joining her just seemed like the right thing to do. So I curled up with my human and tried to forget about all the things she may or may not be doing with other dogs and pugs in particular.

And then I slept.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, at least you are ok...we checked earlier and no posting...about to call 911. She will spill the beans (yum) sooner or later.

Pearl and Tessa

Anonymous said...

As J. D. Salinger said in "For Esme with Love and Squalor,"

"Where there is sleep, there is hope."

Carry on Agent Puglet. Keep your love and your squalor in the right proportions. Your blog always does that so perfectly. That is meant in the best possible way.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Oh Puglet you need to find out because we need to find out!!

Noodles said...

Puglet, you are an intrepid pug. I know you will uncover the truth.

I Love Lucy said...

Missed you this morning Puglet. Was wondering if we should call 911.
Not to worry, you're as keen as Sherlock. You'll break your human, it's just a matter of time.

Clandestine Cats said...

Puglet,

If you can't get your human to spill the beans, get her to spill the cookies. If they are shrimp flavored you can send us the extras. You are our favorite inter-species friend. We would hardly ever scratch your smush nose if you share shrimp cookies.

Crabbie Chris said...

Sleep is always a good choice. Sooner or later beans will be spilled! It might be a bit smelly, but it will be worth it.

3pugs2luv said...

You gave a few pugs & humans a scare this morning. We hope that no one called 911 & if they did to cancel. No one wants your human in the slammer, well at least not until the beans are spilled. How secrets get into beans we'll never know. Good luck with phase 2 of operation: interrogation.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

Odey said...

Sometimes a pug has to given in and curl up for a good nap with its human. Love transcends everything. Even other pugs and places.

THE PUGLET said...

Hey everybodies!

I didn't mean to worry anyone. Yesterday I was kinda MIA because it was Frank's last day and we tried to cram in as much fun as possible before he headed back home.

I guess I had a little sleep deprivation too because me and my human didn't wake up from yesterday's nap until this morning. And we never sleep for real on the couch (couches are nap-only places).

Hmmmmm, Z+P -- how do secrets get into beans?

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet!

We have the same non-real-sleep rules about the couch in my house too. I'm not sure what it is with humans, but sleep deprivation leads to long naps (no matter where we land).

Have you thought about water boarding your human as an interrogation method?

Licks,
Molly from PA

Miley said...

Hey Puglet, I heard my mom talking and she said that Zoey, Phoebe, you, Dutch and she said Boka but I'm sure she ment me. Were going to an A game. Not sure what an A game is but we could all totally gang up on her and make her spill the beans/cookies/shrimp whatever and this way there will be more of us then her so if she is a ceral killer we can save you.

Miley

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I think your human is this close to cracking. All that lack of sleep and Frankness are pushing her over the edge. I think you'll have your answers soon and if not, then let me know and I'll get them out of her.

Stubby xoxo

Wilma said...

Hi Puglet,
I know it's late in the game, but I'm thinking a change in strategy might be in order. Two words...reverse psychology

Kitty+Coco said...

Pug you went soft. Curling up to sleep? We should name you puglet poo bear dogsy girl after that.
Ok ok, we can't really blame you. At 10:30 we are falling asleep no matter what.

Kitty and Coco