Monday, September 13, 2010

MACHO MAN?

I'm too sexy for my collar.

I guess I kinda forgot to let Dutch show off his birthday (thanks Molly in PA for reminding me). So today I guess I'll talk about Dutch. And let him show off for a change.

The first surprise came at Pug Sunday. Bellatrix brought giant bags full of stuff for Dutch's big day. The goodies were getting a lot of attention from all the pugs, so my human ran and put the bags in the car to keep them safe. Then Zoey & Phoebe's human showed up with more bags!

Another trip to the car for safety.


And then a nice, pugless lady named Heather came with a bag full of tasty snacks, but these snacks were for ME so my human let me & the other pugs have some. I think kitties would like the salmon snacks she brought me. They were nice and stinky and fishy!

Happy birthday to me!

Back at the house, Dutch got to gloat, uhm, I mean enjoy his surprises. There were sqeakies and cookies and bully penises and turkey gullets and the cutest little birthday cakey thing my human has ever seen (I stole a bite - it was also supertasty!). Dutch was so happy, he even smiled for the camera. Sort of.

Bellatrix, whose human is the queen of shopping, got Dutch a really cool waterproof, macho-but-not-too-macho collar. It was a little too big for Mr Skinny neck, so yesterday we went over the grey bridge to play with Bella + Spencer, then headed over to Dog Bone Alley to get Dutch a smaller version of macho-ness.

Dutch was so excited about the waterproof collars at Dog Bone Alley, he tried on like every single one of them. Of course he liked the girlie ones the best, but the humans decided yellow daisies would look better on a GIRL and stuck with the punk-preppy argyle & crossbones.

How can a boy choose just one?

So far, Dutch has gotten TONS of compliments about his new collar and has only been she'd once. Thanks everyone for making my big spotted brother so happy on his 7th special day!

17 comments:

PinkPug,INK. said...

Love that collar Dutch! & he sure does look happy in the pictures...I also noticed that you just had to get in at least one of the pictures- I see your feet Puglet! :) Don't worry I like to be the center of attention too..I guess it's a pug thing. Momma & Daddy found two stray kittens in the parking lot & took them in so now I have to share my humans' love with them..

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

You totally converted Dutch to the crossbone club - go you!

Looks like Dutch totally scored for his birthday, good luck trying to sneak some of his birthday loot :) He should smile more often, such a handsome smile!

Licks,
Molly in PA

Minnie and Mack said...

Happy Birthday Dutch! What a good load of loot you collected. I see Puglet's feet in the loot pix, too cute.
Make sure you share, well, at least a little.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Love the picture of your two feet sticking in it.

Crabbie Chris said...

I had a blast with you guys yesturday Puglet and Dutch. I'm glad Dutch likes his collar, although looking at the picture, I think he could have gotten away with the red one. He looks so handsome either way. I'm glad you liked Dog Bone Alley, she is most generous with her treats, and that's always a sweet bonus.

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Happy Birthday Dutch! Love the Picture of you modeling all of those collars.

Chrissi said...

Happy Birthday Dutch and all the best! He looks beautiful in all collars!

Minnie and Mack said...

All the collars look good. Why not purchase them all! Who says boys can't wear flowers????

Drools and licks,
Minnie and sometimes Mack

Minnie Moo said...

All this talk about bully sticks and such has my human searching the internet for them. Lincoln and I are fast chewers and cannot wait for them to get here!

And Happy Happy late birthday Dutch. Your color is extremely manly.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Dutch looks great in the new collar! I just wanted to let you know that I get he'd all the time so I must always wear pinks so don't feel bad Dutch if you get she'd.

Hugs
Sequoia the girl pug

Noodle said...

Please tell Dutch I think his new collar is extrasuperawesome! Definitely more macho! That Dog Bone Alley place sounds cool. Get this, my human says she's been in that store (before I came along!) and she's from someplace called Alameda!! Wonder what else she's hiding... AND, why she hasn't taken ME to that cool store yet....

Anonymous said...

Dutch...you are not just our Macho Man...you are also a Mucho Man...you have so much going for you, looks, style (LOVE the collar), talent, and your younger bro, Puglet!

Pearl and Tessa

Clandestine Cats said...

Puglet, you and Dutch are soooo lucky to have so much stinky fishy smelly stuff to eat. We are all gonna cat nap now and dream about delicious rancid salmon because you predicted it exactly that kitties love it. Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! Dutch looks super-handsome in that new collar! Mom is going to take me to the Saturday Market this weekend to try on some "fabulous" collars she saw there last weekend - she wants to be sure she gets the right fit. She's leaning toward the hot pink with black polka dots, but I'm not so sure I'm that kind of girl... it sounds a little trampy looking to me!

- Mariah (the mutt in Portland)

THE PUGLET said...

Hi everybody!

Dutchman here. This "macho" thing will take a little getting used to, but I like not being called she. It's kinda embarrassing when people do a double take, y'know, down there, and say "Oh, it's a he??".

And the collar itself is very cool. The company (Dublin Dog) motto is 'All style, no stink' and I'm all for not being stinky.

Anonymous said...

Dutch is getting waay better at having his picture taken!

Mr. Puggle® said...

Very cool! Happy B Day Dutch!