Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MOTIVATIONAL UNDERWEAR

I still have a bunch of adventuring to tell you about - our trip to Chengoo and George, the mysterious disappearing chickens, what happened when I Jimmied next to a heart shaped thing downtown - but I'm taking a break from adventures today to talk about more pressing things.

Like moral dilemmas. And mantras on underwear.


Ok, here's the thing. Even though I reached the 'acceptance' stage of grief, we all know that deep down, I can't stand my human's Frolic Photography stuff. But I'm also kinda torn, because I really love my human and people in general and the stupid Frolic stuff seems to make everyone happy. Like, Awwwwww kind of happy.

So when I overheard my human talking to my friend Lily's mom (she shoots dogs too)
about not being good at self-promotion, and having a hard time getting her gimpy brain to approach/talk to strangers, I felt kinda bad for her. I mean, I'm like the king of self-promotion, right? And I pretty much greet to every human I see, whether they want to be greeted or not.

Then last weekend at the dog park, I overheard my human talking to Bellatrix's mom about this same problem. Bella's mom is like me, she'll talk to anyone. And she said she could totally "pimp out my human" (I think "pimp out" is kinda like promoting) but I'm pretty sure my human kinda has to do her own pimping.

Now I kinda feel compelled to help. Even though I don't really want to (I think this is where the moral dilemma part comes in).

So I asked google what to do. And google said something about doing the right thing. And my human needing a mantra - something you tell yourself over and over again until you believe it. Or it comes true. Or something like that.

The mantra thing sounded like a good idea to me, but my human's gimpy brain forgets things a lot, so I don't think the "over and over and over again" part of a mantra will work without some kind of reminder. And our house is already full of those post-it note things. So google suggested a poster. Or a screen saver. Or a T shirt. But my human would just forget to look at the first two, and would never wear the third one.

Then it hit me: motivational underwear!

My human could wear her mantra ALL THE TIME and nobody would ever know. And every time she pees (and she pees like all the time) she'd see it and remember. Genius, right?

So I got a friend to make her a pair of the underwear. I don't know if it'll work, but it totally made her laugh. Said something about hoping she doesn't get hit with a bus with them on.

And just in case
my genius idea doesn't work... if anyone has a better idea than the underwear, please share it.


26 comments:

Owned by Pugs said...

Motivational underwear. Puglette, you sure do think of everything! With your human dressed for success, I can't see how your plan could fail. :-)

Owned by Pugs said...

Oh Puglet, please accept my apologies. I noticed I spelled your name wrong in my previous comment. It won't happen again, I swear :-)

Crabbie Chris said...

I'm not so sure about underware, because pugs don't wear any! How about one of those bracelets that I see a lot of people wearing that are bright yellow? Your mom can get one in another color with the logo on it?? Then she'd have it on her wrist instead of on her a** (err bum).
My mom says her offer to pimp your mom out stands, mom says she'll even bring her pimp cup and cane (shesh can't take her anywhere).
But Pug....you wear clothes right? Can your mom make you a bandand or T-shirt with her Frolic logo for you or Brother Dutch to wear at the beach or while on walks? I mean you guys totally inspire AWWWWW's

Crabbie Chris said...

oops mom is a bad speller...she meant bandana

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

motivational underwear Oh My! We sure hope that she doesn't get hit by a bus! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

I'm with Bellatrix, I think a doggie tee, or a collar, or a leash customized with the frolic name would be a perfect ice breaker for your human.

The underwear are cute, but unless she is flashing people in the park no one will see it :P

Licks,
Molly in PA

Noodles said...

What would be more compelling than you and Dutch wearing something with the Frolic logo on it? I'd totally do that for your human as well because she takes wonderful snaps of pets.
Maybe a widget for us fans to put on our blogs?

PinkPug,INK. said...

I think the underwear is a great idea! My momma has a pair of jeans that says "beautiful" on the inside part of the zipper. :)

Odey said...

My human says this intuitive/psychic lady she sometimes goes to might be able to help you out with growing your business. She says this lady has helped her out immensely with personal life stuff. She says not a lot of people believe in them, until they try!--and it's helped her out 1000%.

If you believe in positive thinking, energy, vibration, and higher intuition, then it's right up the same ally. Just a suggestion : ) Odey

PS I like Bella's idea

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Talking about bus stops...why not get your human to advertise on the benches they have for bus stops...lots of people do that in Kansas. Just wanted to let you know.
-The Slimmer Puggums
George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi
Oh...and make her go to all the doggie events and have a booth...with lots of examples of her wonderful work...that's sure to win people over to her side. :)

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

One more idea...get her to get someone famous and their baby to pose for her and voila! free publicity and lots of numbers. :)

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

She needs to decorate her car - that way she'll remember to "pimp" when she drives somewhere, and other people will see it when she's out pimpin' her ride.

Arnie and Gracie the agility pugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet...The Texas pugs came up with a really great idea. You could wear the frolic undies on your head! Really, your mom could tie the legs shut with little knots and maybe put elastic on the waist band that could go under your chin. What do you think?? The word frolic would be on top of your head. Puglet you would be attract all kinds of people for your mom to talk to.
Ellie, Emmitt and Eli
PS Dutch would probably require larger undies then you.

Anonymous said...

What about cookies with the Frolic logo on them...Puglet and Dutch ould hand out (yeah, right) to all the doggies and humans, great advertising!

Like the t-shirt idea. We don't do clothing...Pearl just stands there and looks stiff (mom says its great for taking pictures).

Pearl and Tessa

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you are a recognized celebrity already, why not volunteer to do a commercial for your human???? More cookies for you I bet! Jax

Pugs2Luv said...

Phoebe suggests: that your human wears the underwear on the outside of her pants; she's sure to get attention that way, or , a blimp or a plane with one of those big bann...."Phoebe get out of here if your not going to be any help!" Zoey here, I apologize for Phoebe. She is, uh, shall we say not the deepest hole dug in the yard. Anyway the T shirt idea is great. We would buy a couple to shamelessly promote Frolic. As far as self promotion goes that can be a little harder, especially if your human is uncomfortable with it. Think of what you want to accomplish when you self-promote & in case your humans brain gimps out, bring someone else along as back up, like our human(give her a job & she'll do whatever necessary to get it done) or Bella's Mom. If Bella's Mom does show up with a Big hat with a long feather in it, holding a cane; please watch out for police they may not understand what kind of "solicitation" you're trying to accomplish.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe

Lola said...

I'd totally wear a FrloicPhoto shirt... or underpanties, I guess.
The only problem w/ your mum wearing underwear w/ the logo/inspirational message, is that no one else is going to see the FP part. She should go all the dog parks and different breed meet-ups and take lots of pics- everyone will read every day to look for their pooch. If they get tired of waiting, they'll pay for a session.
My mom says the pic you sent her of me and the teenager that runs our house is beautiful!
Lafayette Lola

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miley said...

Hey Puglet, My mom just spoke to your mom and they have a plan for shirts. Stay tuned....

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, I guess Molly in PA is right. Unless my human starts dropping her pants in public, no one will ever see her mantra.

But she now she wants a zipper that says 'Beautiful' when you unzip it. I don't see how that's going to help anything. But I'm OK with that.

THE PUGLET said...

You guys are so much better at this than me (and google even!). Cool.

So I now have a list:

- pimp the car
- "hand out" frolic cookies (hee hee)
- make a widget
- be a walking billboard
- make underwear for my head
- shoot a famous person
- overthrow a bus stop
- hijack a blimp
- make a commercial (AND score cookies for it)

Seriously, this is some reeeeally good stuff everyone. You're the bestest!

SpencerBartholomew said...

Dude- if your human just wore the undies around SF she'd get LOADS of media! Seriously, a hot blonde cruising the streets in her knickers would sure be some serious advertising!

Anonymous said...

We think you should make a facebook fan page! We would all join and unite friends to join! There's a lot of photographers on facebook who use their page to give previews of sessions! Maybe also put up an ad on craigslist
<3 Mocha and Latte

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Mocha + Latte ~

Frolic totally has a fan page. I just never told anyone here about it because, uh, I didn't want to. But I guess that was before I got to the Acceptance stage. So here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/frolicphoto

Thanks for the idea :)

Paws on the Run said...

I want some undies!!!!!

pugsmom said...

Puglet,
My human wants Frolic Photo undies now AND a zipper that says "beautiful" when you unzip it. What gives? I don't even like wearing dresses or booties let alone undies and what the heck is a zipper? Love the fan page on Facebook, love it, love it. My human still thinks you should try to get on Oprah or Bonnie or Ellen. She even wrote letters to them telling them about you. You're about to be even more famous!!!!! My sisters and brothers and I are SO glad we knew you "back when".
Phoebe in Oregon