Thursday, November 5, 2009

CHEETOS, CA

I heard on the radio yesterday that a town in Texas changed its name to get free satellite TV. People who used to live in Clark, Texas now live in Dish, Texas and will be watching TV for free for the next 10 years.

This got me thinking. If I could give San Francisco a new name and get a lifetime of free stuff, what name would I give it? It definitely wouldn't be Dish. I like watching Animal Planet, but not
that much.

Brother Dutch didn't even have to think about it -- said he'd change San Francisco, CA to Squirrel, CA so he could have lots of squirrels to chase. My human said maybe Sunshine, CA or Naps, CA. I told her sun and naps are
already free so she added Swedish Fish (the mini kind), CA to the list.

I had a harder time deciding. Food, CA? Bully Stick, CA? Cow Hoof, CA? There are so many things I like, picking just ONE to get free for life would be really rally hard.


And then... I ate my first Cheeto.

It was the puffed, natural kind of Cheeto. My human bought them to help Dutch get over his camera phobia. She said they're stinky and big enough for him too see from far away. She also said they're full of air and won't make me get fat. Whatever. Cheetos taste GOOD! SO good, that Dutch even looked at a camera to get one (as you can see in today's picture).

I hope the people of San Francisco would be OK with living in Cheetos, CA because that's totally what I'd change the name to. What would you name your town to for a lifetime of free stuff?

(Stubby, I already know your answer :)

11 comments:

Meg n Lola in Las Vegas said...

Cheetos is better than Booty! The people of San Fran should thank you, Puglet. I would change my town to JIF Peanut Butter, NV. Mmmmmmm, Mom puts the real stuff in my Kong when she needs quiet time... I don't mind that at all! Happy Thursday Puglet! Pug Hugs, Lola in Las Vegas (PS- Mom said Seven Jeans, NV would make her happy. Huh???)

Taryn said...

Puglet,
If you like things a bit spicy...try the Jalapeno Cheetos...now they are truly heavenly!

Smushie Ranch said...

Hey Puglet,

Mom gets us Pup Corn. Gunther especially LOVES them! They look like Cheetos, but made for us. Mom even found a huge container of them at Costco. Here's the link for 'em.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/zoom/index.jsp?productId=2750529

Soooo, if mom could rename her town it'd definitely be called - BenandJerrysville. Mom always tells dad, "Honey, if I ever felt the desire to cheat on you, it'd only be with two men... Ben & Jerry". We are not quite sure who these guys are, but we figure they must be pretty special to tempt our momma like that.

If we could rename our town, it'd be Peanut Butter stuffed Kong, CA. I'm sure we'd have to come up with some abbreviation though, because that would be hard to fit on a drivers license or something.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to live in Potato Chip, NJ - my dad gives me a chip every night when he makes his lunch and I LOVE them, mom says Hot Fudge Sundae, NJ because nothing is better then choco chip mint ice cream & lots of hot fudge, but since she never shared one with me (GRRR) I won't support her choice.

Frodo

Stubby said...

Hey Puglet! You are cracking me up today! Of course you know what I would name my town because everyone knows my favorite food.

Mom LOVES Swedish Fish and has been known to eat a whole bag in a day. She is such a piggy when it comes to those little fish.

I think Cheetos is a great name for a city. Check out this post from August http://lifeofstubby.blogspot.com/2009/08/next-stop-oklahoma.html to see what Mom named Cheeto. She doesn't even eat Cheetos, but Dad came up with the name and it stuck.

Stubby xoxo

Lola said...

We love Lafayette, but the name kind of sucks- does it even mean anything? My mom says Latte, California would be perfect! I, however, give four paws up to Bullystick, CA.
Lola in Lafayette

Fulmer the Pug said...

Cheetos are delicious. My sister likes to lick the cheese off and I eat the left overs. Mom says this is gross. I think it's amazing.

THE PUGLET said...

Ooooooooh! So many foodie things I've never tasted. Potato chip? Pup Corn? Jif? Ben + Jerry??

Maybe I should snack around before deciding on Cheetos, CA.

Stubby - what's with our people and those nasty little fish? The 'fish' part sounded tasty so I begged and begged my human to let me have one. But it was so icky and not fishy at all.

Gross.

Rosie the Party Pug said...

I would change San Jose to Treats, CA. It sums up all the goodies that we get, cheese, tuna, egg yolk.

When me and my dog brothers hear treats we know something good is coming our way!!!

THE PUGLET said...

You're so smart Rosie!

"Treats" can mean all sorts of stuff. Cheetos, Booty - whatever. Why limit yourself to one thing?? Good thinking!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Cheetos, CA sounds pretty yummy we would have to vacation there just to fill up on those yummy air filled cheese falvored heaven sticks!