Thursday, November 19, 2009

REEEALLY EARLY

Two very loud humans woke me up early this morning. They were on the sidewalk in front of our house and one of them was talking about her vacation to some place called New York. There was rain. There was a marathon. She took pictures (even though it was raining) and the food was expensive but not that great.

Did I say it was really early? Like, still dark out early?? Well, it was. And these people were LOUD. So I barked at them to keep it down. And brother Dutch barked because I barked. And all our barking woke up my human, who barked at both of us for barking.

Then we were all awake.

We normally don't get out of bed when it's still dark out, but since we were all awake my human thought it'd be cool to head to the beach. Go to the beach in the dark?? I asked. We can watch the sun come up, she said.

Uhm, OK.

I've seen the sun go down lots of times, but don't think I'd ever seen it come up before. If you've never seen a sunrise, I'm not sure it's worth getting out of bed in the dark just to see one. If you ask me, a sunrise looks a lot like a sunset except the sun is in a different place. Oh, and you don't have to wake up crazy early to see a sunset.

8 comments:

Fulmer the Pug said...

I see the sunrise every morning!!! My mom wakes up everyday before it's light out and I help her get ready. Then I go play with Daddy even though he's still asleep. Eventually I get bored and look out the window to look for stuff happening.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture!!

-Mushu's mom

Rosie the Party Pug said...

My dog brother Olli always gets up BEFORE the sun. I have no idea why. My humans aren't always happy about that but Olli is a different kind of dog they say.

Arlo The Pug said...

Wow! what a pretty picture! My mom and I would loooovvve to see the ocean, but i really hate getting up early. He-he, I'm not a morning pug.

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Sometimes I get up early enough to see the sunrise but most of the time I sleep in. I'm not really a morning pug and I need my beauty sleep.

The ducks still wake me up most mornings but today Mom overslept so we got up really late. I didn't want her to go to work so I just kept sleeping. She was a little freaked out when we finally got up and rushed out the door.

Mom loves sunrises because she says the Earth looks cleansed in the morning. I'm not sure what that means but maybe you do.

Stubby xoxo

Smushie Ranch said...

Oh Puglet, you'll never want to have a pugover at our house. Dad gets up at 4:45 before dark to go check on his grapes. I still don't get it because it's not like they have legs and are gonna run off anywhere. And then if we try to sleep in, the sea lions start barking and Gunther thinks they're talking to him, so he barks back.

Maybe your mom will let me come live with you and Dutch? I promise not to squat on her leather jacket.

Lots of licks,
Stella

THE PUGLET said...

I had no idea so many people woke up in the dark. I'm definitely not a morning pug!

Stella, you can totally come live with us. Then I wouldn't have to play with the fake pug that lives in the shiny thing. I think Gunther would miss you though.

Oh -- and what's the deal with the grapes? We're talking grapes like baby raisins, right? What do they do that needs checking on so early in the morning??

Smushie Ranch said...

Puglet, Daddy grows grapes to make wine for humans to drink and then act silly. He has to get up early before the sun comes up so he can pick some and then test 'em at his lab. One time he took us with him to the lab cause ma was gone all day. Talk about being bored!