Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PUG SUNDAY

I don't know who invented Pug Sunday, but whoever did is a total genius.

If you don't have Pug Sundays in your neighborhood and have no idea what makes the idea so genius, imagine this... once a month a whole flock of pugs and their people gather to get puggy. There's lots of running and snorting and sumo-wrestling (that's what my human says pugs look like when we play). Some unknowing human always brings food and gets mobbed by hungry pugs looking for free snacks. Everyone goes home tired and happy.

Good times!

There are always lots of cool pugs at Pug Sunday and this weekend I got to hang out with two I met here on the blog. One was Ody, who I've met once before but couldn't play with because my foot was gimpy. This time I was gimp-free so we ran and played like crazy until we were the only pugs left in the park.

The other was Frank the pug, my younger twin and newest new friend. We look SO much alike in real life, my human kept getting us mixed up. She had to look at our collars to keep track of me. Can you tell us apart?


While we were busy playing, Frank's dad got everyone together so my human could take a group pug picture. She's been wanting to d
o this for ages, but isn't good at being loud or corralling people. Frank's dad is really good at both, so here we all are:

(click to see us big)

9 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

That is A HUGE puggy group! We have small meet ups but this looks likes way more funs. It must be nice to have tons of puggy peoples around, thanks for sharing!

Smushie Ranch said...

What a gigantic group of pugs and humans! It looks like a ton of fun. And, we were wondering... when you guys get puggy, is that like gettin' jiggy with it? Mom says she has the Will Smith song stuck in her head now.

Taryn said...

Puglet, are you the one on the right?......That's a whole lot of pugs! Wow! And it looks like it was a gorgeous day.

Ollie said...

Pugs and pug people sure know how to have a good time. And that beagle in the background, that is one lucky hound, getting to enjoy all that pugdom!

THE PUGLET said...

Stella + Gunther ~

No idea who Will Smith is, but my human laughed and said she almost made it say "get puggy with it" but didn't want to make the song get stuck in anyone elses's head. It's in hers & driving her nuts!

THE PUGLET said...

Yes - LOTS of pugs. And Dutch too (who was there, but probably hiding from the camera). Even though Dutch is giant and spotted, he gets puggy too.

It's so much fun!

And yes... that's me on the right :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pug - I like Pug Sundays too - mom doesn't like them when it gets too cold, looks like you guys had a nice day for yours. What happened to the poor pug in the collar?

Frodo

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! It looks like you had a great time at Pug Sunday. If I lived in the area I would be there for sure.

I did attend the Indy Bloggers pug meetup in June and it was a blast. I got to meet a lot of puggys, got lots of pets, and of course treats. We don't have anything like that here, but I told Mom that she should put one together.

You and Frank really do look like twins. Maybe I'm related to him too.

Stubby xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Puglet,
What a beautiful day and what a great photo! Stella, Franklin, and I celebrated our second birthdays at Alta Plaza Park. We have been coming to play here since we were five months old. Marianna and her human family baked some pugiliciously cute cupcakes, and we got to lick the pan-mmmmm good! Francesca the Boston Terrier was obsessed with her tennis ball, as usual. She met a cute fellow Boston named Bud. Friends of Stella's mom came by to give us birthday hugs. Would the pug who borrowed my birthday present, a new plush football, please bring it back next time?
Snuffly yours,
Eddie Haskell, Pug from Palo Alto, CA