Monday, November 16, 2009

NUGGETS

When I first started doing this blog thing, I kinda thought I'd just tell the world what's on my mind, share some cuteness, and that'd be it. I never knew I'd make so many friends. Or learn so many things from them.

Like the Gotcha Day thing. And Popeye's.


Thanks to my blog connections, when my human asked how I wanted to celebrate my Gotcha Day, I knew the answer right away: I want to eat some Popeye's fried chicken. Just like Stubby in Illinois does,
I told her.

I don't think we have Popeye's here in California,
she said.

We MUST, I insisted.

So we went on a Popeye's hunt and we found one. That was the first hurdle. The second came in the drive-thru when my human tried to place our order. She doesn't eat fried chicken (freak!) so she didn't want to get a whole bucket of it just for me and brother Dutch (booo!). So she asked the Popeye's person if there was a way to just get two pieces. Which caused a whole bunch of confusion.

Did we want a leg? Thigh? Wing? Breast? Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!


Which part has the fewest bones? my human asked. The Popeye's person wasn't really sure. Uh, I guess maybe the Nuggets? she said.

So we got Nuggets. I don't know what part of a chicken a Nugget comes from, but there were six of them. They were crispy outside, chicken-y inside, and super-yummmmy all over.

I was good and shared my Nuggets with Dutch. Even though it was my Gotcha Day. I really wanted to eat all six of them, but getting three and sharing the rest was OK.

I was kinda sad to see my last Nugget go, then Dutch reminded me that we haven't celebrated his Gotcha Day yet. He promised to ask for more Popeye's and says he'll share half of his Nuggets too.


16 comments:

Mr. Puggle® said...

awwwwwwww how sweet! puglet you are so lucky to have such a dedicated lady that feeds ya!

Taryn said...

I love the "Licking his chops" shot! Really cute!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I can't believe you asked for and received Popeyes for your Gotcha Day. That is so pawsome!

I'm not sure which part of the chicken the nuggets come from either because I don't think I've ever had a nugget. Hmmm. Dad is holding out on me. He usually just takes the meat off of the pieces he buys and that's what I eat. It's so super delicious, isn't it?

You were very nice to share your Popeyes with Dutch and how funny that he is going to ask for Popeyes for his Gotcha Day. Maybe we should have a Popeyes Day!

Stubby xoxo

Pee-s: Mom said that I'm a bad influence on you but I told her that a little Popeyes never hurt anyone :)

Smushie Ranch said...

Ooooh, Popeyes chicken nuggets. How yummy! We don't get such delicacies around here because of Gunther's sensitive tummy. Hmpf!

Thoo, when we were at PetSmart getting El Guapo all his toiletries for his trip to Hawaii, daddy spotted a friend for Henrietta Rubber Chicken. Her name is Bernice Rubber Flamingo. He got her for me thinking it would make me share Henrietta with the boys. Neh. You can see for yourself.

I'm even more impressed with you Puglet that you shared your nugets with Dutch.

Oh, BTW. Gunther wants to know what GOTCHA day is? He wants to know is that like when you play tag in the yard, through the house, around the couch, under the bed, and back out through the yard again? He's so silly...

Licks and wags,
Stella

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Yummy!!! My birthday is coming up and I want chicken nuggets :-)

I'll even share them with my dog brothers (with help from the humans, I'm TERRIBLE at sharing food).

Anonymous said...

So nice of you to share your Popeye's Puglet!!

We think you should be Popeye's spokespug, who could say NO to your adorable face!

Ann & Frodo

THE PUGLET said...

Gunther - I didn't know what Gotcha Day was either. Last week Gen & Foo explained it's the day our human's got us. The day they Got-ya. Get it?

I think this sounded a little better than celebrating Puglet Day :)

THE PUGLET said...

Stella ~

Henrietta has a cousin Bernice? Cool! Will have to check her out. Our Henrietta really belongs to Dutch so it'd be nice to have my OWN rubber bird!

THE PUGLET said...

Rosie ~

Def. go for the Nuggets!!

dw said...

Oh, Puglet, I missed your Gotcha Day! I was out of town and didn't know! I'm so happy you got to celebrate with some Popeye's nuggets. I'm not sure either which part of a chicken that comes from, but we've got Popeye's all over here -- I'm not all that far from Stubby! I hope you had a happy Gotcha Day!! I gave you an award over at my humble little blog! :)

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Stubbs!

I FINALLY got to eat Popeyes! I can see why you like it so much. I think Nuggets are like when your dad picks chunks of meat for you -- minus the picking part. My human said no way to that.

The Nuggets didn't hurt as at all. Dutch was kinda stinky last night (he has a wimpy stomach) but getting to eat Popeye's was worth a little bit of stink.

THE PUGLET said...

Oooooh! Popeye's Day!!! I like the sound of that. When???

Lola said...

My mom never gives me 'people food'- says I'll get fat. Something about 'not healthy for dogs',too. What a party pooper! Whitney is vegetarian, so all I can beg from her is fruit and veggies. Since my Gotcha Day is on Thanksgiving this year, maybe I can mooch a little Turkey- it's supposed to be a giant chicken... hope I can find the nuggets!
Lafayette Lola

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Miss Lola,

Don't feel bad, we don't get much people food either. Except for Cheetos. And Cheerios. Oh, and Pirate's Booty. But that's only when we're taking pictures :)

My human was one of those vegetable-people too for like 15 years. She's still not very good at eating meat. Am pretty sure that's why we got Nuggets instead of real chicken parts.

Fulmer the Pug said...

oh boy! My Gotcha day is coming up!!! My parents got me on December 14. BTW, popeyes chicken is the shizznik in the words of my pal Mr. Beefy from Little Nicky.

Buford T. Justice said...

Oh Man...... I gotta talk my human into getting me some nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Gotcha Day Puglet!!!!!!!!!!

Buford T. Justice, Bambi, Peggy, Per-Li-Mae, and Lacy Pug