Friday, November 27, 2009

PUMPKIN PIE & BEING THANKFUL

Thanksgiving is another one of those special-days that's a little confusing to me.

Kinda like Memorial Day: you'd think it's about barbecues, parades and picnics because that's what happens on Memorial Day - but it isn't about those things at all. So I thought Thanksgiving was all about eating turkey and pie.... until the guy on NPR they said something about pilgrims and indians and being thankful. Or something like that.


I don't know anything about pilgrims. Or indians. But I do know what it means to be thankful. So while I was waiting to eat pie, I made a list of things I'm thankful for:


pie
holidays
my human (even though she leaves us alone sometimes and smells like other dogs)

brother Dutch

breakfast

dinner
cheetos
popeye's nuggets
baby cowpies

bully sticks

Jack & Vegas the crazy labradors

The Man (Jack & Vegas' human)
my spotted friends

my blog friends
my buddy Google
naps

sunshine

the beach
the park
little squeaky tennis balls
Animal Planet

There's more, but that's as far as I got before it was time to
eat pie. I've been waiting to taste pumpkin pie ever since I saw that ginormous 1658lb beast at the pumpkin festival. And after almost two months of waiting, it only took me about 3 seconds and 2 bites to make the pie disappear.

I planned on finishing my Thankful List after the pie. But after the pie came turkey and after the turkey came stuffing and after the pie, turkey and stuffing I was kinda tired so I took a nap instead. My human says that happens sometimes on Thanksgiving.

A special-day of food AND naps?? Forget about pilgrims and indians - I'm pretty sure a pug must have invented Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a good one!

5 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

Wow Puglet! A whole piece of pumpkin pie to yourself. That's impressive!

I wonder what Cheetos pie would taste like...

Mimi, Diva Dog extraordinare said...

you are so lucky puglet! my mom would NEVER let me eat even one bite of pie and you got a whole piece! i'm so jealous! she will occasionally let me have a small piece of cheese or some lunch meat but with the meat theres always one piece that has something wrapped in it. i think she calls it a 'pill' but its doesnt matter cuz i eat it anyway

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Just so you know, one of the many things I'm thankful for this year is YOU! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us and thanks for putting a smile on my face everyday!

xoxox
-Mushu's mom

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! You are one lucky pug to get pumpkin pie. It looks delicious and I bet you can't wait until next year.

I know what you mean about the naps. I feel asleep right after dinner and slept until this morning. I ate a little bit too much food and I'm having a hard time getting motivated today. I think I'm going to take another nap now so that I'm wide awake for dinner.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Yup - the pie was GOOD!

Pretty sure I wasn't supposed to eat the whole piece by myself. It just smelled sooooooo tasty - I couldn't help it.

I thought my human would be mad, but she kinda laughed and said pie only happens once a year.

Pumpkin pie didn't make me sick like the baby-cow pies, but I had a hard time getting out of bed today. All I wanted to do was nap and think about pie.