Monday, April 5, 2010

SPRING CLEANING

Yay! Our stupid broken internet is back!

Sorry I'm so late today, but I hope everyone had a great Easter! Mine was, well.... a little less than great. Since I helped myself to those Peeps last Friday and am not allowed to eat chocolate bunnies, I didn't have any Easter treats to snack on. And Pug Sunday got rained out so there was no pug fun to be had either. So when my human said we were going to do something, and I quote, "Reeeally FUN!" I got pretty excited.

And then she brought out the evil vacuum cleaner. What's fun about a vacuum cleaner? Nothing. Turns out she was being something called 'sarcastic' about doing something fun. We wouldn't be having any fun at all.

Two words: spring cleaning.


When my human gathered up a whole bunch of stuff to clean with - dusters and spray bottles and mops and stuff - I got the feeling that spring cleaning was the complete opposite of fun. And when I got in trouble for using duster as a chew toy, it became totally obvious: spring cleaning is definitely not a fun thing.

And there definitely didn't appear to be any cookies involved, so I followed
Dutch when he ran and hid from the vacuum. We both fell asleep to the sound of vacuuming and my human ranting about dog hair...

Uhm, does that sound like a Happy Easter to you??


* * *

FLATTIE NEWS!
Today my flat self is in The Evergreen State (that's Washington!) visiting Sequoia & Petunias grandpeople. He went to work and wore a cool hat, learned about bowling and ate lots of good food.

You can read about it here on flatpuglet.com


11 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Spring cleaing...we agree its no fun at all. We hope you get to do something fun this week to make up for it.

Yeah FP is with our grandpug parents!!

Crabbie Chris said...

Bummer Puglet! You should have come out to the east bay. Spencer's mom and my mom thought the best way to spend a weekend was to have us play! They grumbled about maybe some sleep (my mom) and relaxing with some wine (Spence's mom). Spencer and I ran around for hours both days (mom finally had a Sunday off for a holiday). If we had known you were going to have a close encounter with a vacuum, we totally would have had you come over here. Sorry there were no treats...gosh maybe Memorial Day will be better.

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hey Puglet! You looks cute with the duster in your mouth... Can you get on a plane to Chicago and clean our pad too! Hee Hee.

XOXO,
Josie, Izzy, and Anakin

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, I guess my human was trying to teach me not to eat unauthorized Peeps.

At least I got to hide behind Dutch's fear of the vacuum. You'll notice he's not lurking in the background like he usually does :)

Toby said...

Hi Puglet! Spring cleaning is very boring! My mom makes me put my toys away when she vacuums.

SpencerBartholomew said...

Hey dude! Too bad you couldn't come hang with me & Bellatrix this past weekend. We had so much fun...hopefully we'll get to see you soon!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Mom got all crazy psycho with the spring cleaning about three weeks ago. She decided to move all the furniture out of the family room (with Dad's help) and clean it from top to bottom. The windows, the blinds, the ceiling fan, and the fireplace all got cleaned. Then she vacuumed and shampooed the carpet. The only cool thing was that the room was like a big dance hall and once Mom put some music on, forget about it! Disco Stubby!

Seriously though, tell your human that the duster thingy is no good. It's disposable so it creates more waste that ends up in landfills - yuk! As for all the dog hair, what can I say? We give it to the birdies to use in their nests.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

I totally don't get the whole "cleaning" thing. Our house didn't look any different when it was over. It just smelled... soapier.

Oh - and my human *swears* she did not buy the disposable duster thingy (says she found it under our kitchen sink). She does admit to using a landfill un-friendly Swiffer though. Sorry Stuubs :(

agent99 said...

Grrrr. We have a very special realtionship with that noisy machine in our house. We bark at it, and it runs away!

We suggest bearking and growling to make that thing GO AWAY!

love
Gen & the Foo

Wilma said...

Hi Puglet,
Sluggo here~

I totally feel for you man. I hate that vaccum machine. I run and hide whenever it comes out. I also hate plastic bags, they scare me.

THE PUGLET said...

Ugh, plastic bags!!!! They are the WORST. They make that freaky flapflapflapflap noise. I think they are much worse than the vacuum.