Friday, June 20, 2014

DUTCH FRIDAY: exciting + less exciting = happy


Hello friends! As usual, I can't believe it's already Friday. Again! The past week was just a regular week. Nothing crazy bad or crazy good, the days just sort of... happened. 

In a good, warm and sunny way :)

Sometimes part of me wishes every single day could be full of crazy fun and exciting things. But the rest of me thinks if that was true I'd have to spend a lot more time napping just to stay awake. Not that more naps would be a terrible thing, but it seems kinda of silly to sleep just so you can stay awake. 

Luckily, life is full of less exciting things to keep us from getting too overwhelmed. Things like standing in line at the post office:


Or saying hello to a friend.


And naps. 


Of course running into Ernie is not the same as standing in line at the post office because I love Ernie and only like the post office, but I think you know what I mean. 

Pug said he heard some things about next week that make me think there might be more excitement than I'll know what to do with. This worries me a little but I think after the last bunch of weeks of I'm ready for it. 

I hope! 

xoxo,

Dutch

5 comments:

Rachel's Thoughts said...

Anticipating excitement is the most exciting part! Happy Friday Mr. Dutch. <3

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Dutch, as always, thanks for your insightful comments! We can't wait to see what is in store for next week! You guys take care now!

Unknown said...

I like Fridays Dutch. Thanks for the good vibes you give out.
Levi

Bunk The Pug said...

You sound just like my mama. She says her work week was similar. It was not that nothing was happening but really nothing MUCH was happening- it was all running as usual. Happy Weekend- I hope you catch some more sunlight!

Your furiend,

Bunk The Pug

Charlie the Pugster said...

Dutch, my best weeks are my uneventful ones! What's with the humans that they can't sit still! I like my naps and food...and, and, and my bed, and the couch, and the human's bed, and laying on the tile, and barking at noises, and running around in circles! My human wants to get in the car and go do something EXCITING! What??? What??? How can I get in a decent nap?