Friday, June 6, 2014

DUTCH FRIDAY: fat slacker


Hi everybody. Pug will probably say I didn't get here until so late because I'm a fat slacker, but the truth is I haven't been feeling 100% and had to go the vet today. First I had to skip breakfast, then I had to go to the vet. Then I had to recover from going to the vet. And now I'm here to tell you how exhausting a trip to the vet can be.

Before I saw the doctor, I had to see the scale. I've never really understood why Pug hates the scale so much - until today. After 10+ years of scale love, all of a sudden I'm fat. Or at least fatter than I was last time we saw each other. Almost 5 pounds fatter!! 


After the scale (and Pug) told everyone how fat I am, the doctor did some poking and things got stuck into places I don't wish to talk about. They sucked my blood, then they sucked my pee. Out of my body. With a needle. It didn't hurt but that doesn't make it any less weird. 

By the time it was all over, I had nothing left to give. All I wanted was breakfast and a nap. So I ate. Then I collapsed on the Spoonk mat for a nap. A long, loooooong post-vet nap. 


Hugs + Spoonk,

Dutch
xoxo

13 comments:

Charlie the Pugster said...

So sorry you had to go to the vet! Hope you are feeling better soon. I got to tell you, those five pounds certainly don't make you look fat at all!

Unknown said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon Dutch.
Levi

Anonymous said...

Dutch,
We love you and are sorry about going to the vet! Get better soon!
love,
Pearl, Trixie, and Margie

Anonymous said...

Oh Dutch! Welcome to the world of scale haters. You poor thing. That sounds like a very exhausting and scary trip to the vet. I hope you get nothing but good news from all those tests. And let me be the first to say those 5 pounds look MARVELOUS on you. You don't look fat at all. Is that spoonk comfy?
Megan w/Madgie,Emmett,Rosie,& Dalia

Annabelle said...

Dutch I hope everything is alright?

Harry the pug from Oz said...

Oh Dutch 💙 hope it's nothing serious, don't worry about the weight, you can carry it!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

We love you, Dutch. All the best from the former Toronto Pugs.

Anonymous said...

Dutch, I bet it was the bagels, they make you fat. Sorry about that whole adventure. Be well!

Anonymous said...

Our vet gets this funny look on his face when we walk in. Maybe its because we make him sweat like a pig trying to examine us. We think its fun but he usually wins with things that poke us in the a**. Enjoy your sleep Dutchie.
Ellie, Emmitt & Eli your San Antonio pals.

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Puglet is just giving you some grief about your weight because he can't wear any extra ounces as well as you...
Rest and nap all you want!
Luvvies,
Eddie the Pug

Anonymous said...

Feel better Dutch!!

Amy in Colorado said...

Let us know what the vet says, Dutchie -I'll worry about you. But you never have to let us know what the scale says - that's just an unwritten law.

Anonymous said...

I hope your test result comes back fine. We worry, Dutchey!!

Hugs

Sammy and Neko