Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SNOUT EXTENSION

It was really hot yesterday so I begged my human to take us to the beach for a swim. She agreed on the condition that I try out the latest pug-torture device (I mean gift) someone sent us. It was really hot. I accepted her terms without thinking.

Next thing you know,
I've got a mask on my face and tube in my mouth. Someone read the post about my swimming/breathing issues and sent me a snorkel!

My human tried to explain how it worked: You just breathe through the tube, she said. Think of it as an extension of your, uh, smushed-in snout?

All I can say is if breathing through a long snout is like breathing through a snorkel, I'm really glad I don't have one. Snorkeling is hard!

Google says a snorkel allows you to observe underwater
attractions for extended periods of time with relatively little effort. I have to disagree with the "relatively little effort" part, but am kinda curious to know what underwater attractions I've been missing. Seeing that leopard shark at the beach awhile ago opened my eyes to a whole new world I never knew existed. Sounds like snorkeling could really open my eyes to it. Like, literally.

On second thought, I just watched some pretty scary stuff during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel.
I know sharks don't mean to attack humans, but not so sure about pugs. Swimming around with a snorkel-enhanced snout, I could easily be mistaken for a seal. Think I'm better off not knowing what I share the waters with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless!