Monday, August 31, 2009

PLAN B

It's only 11 more days until the Reno balloon festival. My human hasn't made any promises about there being any actual flying in store for me at the festival, but I'm hoping she just wants it to be a surprise. Still, every time I ask her about balloons, or The Bees, or about flying in general she tells me not to get my hopes up.

And that's got me thinking: maybe I should have a plan B? Y'know, in case Operation Kittyhawk never gets off the ground.

Well. Fate must be a mind reader because when we went to the beach over the weekend, there was my Plan B - just sitting there in the sand. Ok, maybe the Lokahi Outrigger Canoe Club put the boat there so they could practice canoeing in The Bay. But I'm sure fate had something to do with it too. I mean, we go to the beach all the time and I've never seen a boat on the beach. Sharks and jellyfish and a cloned dog - yes. But a boat? No. Not once. Ever.

So now I have an official Plan B: if I can't fly, I'll float. Maybe even in an outrigger canoe.

3 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I sure hope you get to fly at the balloon festival because Plan B doesn't sound as exciting. I don't like the water, so I don't think I would like to go canoeing. I have never flown either but I would if I could.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, I'm hoping I wont have to go with Plan B. Any ideas for a Plan C, in case floating isn't all that cool??

peter kenneth said...

Lovely write up !!! i enjoyed reading this blog post !!!