Friday, May 2, 2014

DUCTH FRIDAY: cuckoo for coconuts


Hello again everyone! Last week was cold and raining, this week it's so tropical we have coconuts. Yes, coconuts. For reals! 

We found a whole bunch of them at the beach yesterday when we went to cool off. I don't know how they got there or why, but when the universe gives you a coconut you don't ask why. You just enjoy. If you've ever nibbled on their squidgy white insides, you know what I mean.

Divine.

I know Pug likes to think he's a genius and I just have a skinny neck, but I know some things and coconuts are one of them. I don't recall how or why I know how spectacularly tasty a coconut is, but they are and I know it. Pug took a little... convincing. 

PUG: no way that thing is eatable.
ME: so delicious!
PUG: but it's... hairy
ME: yummm.
PUG: really? are you sure?

Of course as soon as he saw how much I was enjoying my coconut, he just had to enjoy one too. Or at least pretend to. I don't even think he liked it, but if I'm eating, Pug needs to be eating too. He's funny like that.


somebody likes coconut

somebody else is not so sure

somebody doesn't want to be the one not eating

I will admit Pug isn't completely clueless when it comes to coconuts. He did discover they make very good fetchables. If you're Pug, that is. I believe in fetching only three things: my Henrietta chicken, flying squirrel and rainbow crack balls. He can fetch his half of the coconut. Mine is most definitely being eaten.


somebody has no idea
Until next time... 

Pink hearts, blue skies and coconuts!

Dutch
xoxo

8 comments:

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Oh Dutch! You are so smart! We look forward to Dutch Friday every week! Guess you showed Pug a thing or two about coconuts! Wish we could try one of those things...maybe we will get to someday.

Unknown said...

I am so happy you are back!! You make my day!! Looks like a great beach day! I was in the pool earlier, it was great! Grumpy from Plantation!

Paula from DE said...

Coconut is not bacon. Just asyin'. But Dutch you are defiantly wise.

Harry the pug from Oz said...

Love your differences 😍

Unknown said...

Ernie is with pug. Coconuts are for piña coladas only

Anonymous said...

Your post is always awesome, Thank you, Dutch.
We send you more pink !

XOXO

Sammy and Neko

Charlie the Pugster said...

Dutch! That coconut looks delicious! Puglet is missing out big time!

Charlie the Pugster said...

Dutch! That coconut looks delicious! Puglet really missed out on good stuff. Maybe he couldn't get his face in the coconut to try it out!