Thursday, May 22, 2014

MYSTERIOUS ORANGES


I haven't decided how to eat my 350 calories 1) because the list of possible eatables is way too long and 2) I'm trying to convince my human that worms need calories too and if she believes me, that would totally mess with the math.     In a good way:

0.1 pound of calories + worm calories = more eatables for me

Genius, right? I thought so too. Problem is, we haven't gotten the results from my poop test yet and my human says there will be no math until we know if I even have worms.

Sigh.

While we're waiting I'm slowly starving to death because worms are stealing all my food, I have a question about today's picture. Anyone have any idea what's up with the oranges? My human thinks maybe they're there to protect the plants. But from what? They obviously didn't stop me from accidentally sitting in them. 

Ooops. Sorry plants!

Dutch thinks somebody put the oranges there to "ward off evil spirits". He says the number three is symbolic and holy or something but isn't sure what oranges have to do with anything. I think that makes no sense at all and Dutch should stop trying to be the smart one.

So... three mysterious oranges. Any clue?!?

12 comments:

mlb7791 said...

I don't know what they mean but you guys always find the strangest thing....I LOVE San Francisco!! LOL!
I'm sure they won't smell too good after not too long!

Love Bosco & Melissa

Chang from Chicago said...

They're not oranges, but mushrooms! Don't eat them!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

We don't know, but they look pretty there!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

badgerlaw said...

eek run puglet. Havent you ever seen the godfather???? Oranges can be a bad thing.

Jaco said...

My thumbs did a little googlin' and it seems that putting oranges near plants might keep kitties away. Do you have outside cats in Cali? We have a LOT of them in Chicago! Hope you get your extra calories very soon

Stella & Roark, zee piggies said...

Are you sitting in that plant or what?
I bet there are no worms and that you have just done a good job at the diet.
Maybe the oranges are there for you to water, if you know what I mean.

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Well of course you sat on them! LOL at you Puglet! And love how you are always thinking of how to get those calories!

Anonymous said...

They must be decorative Puglet!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look good... don't eat it. Plus you should eat more calories by eating meat, not fruit nor vegetable...... you deserve better.

Sammy and Neko

Anonymous said...

Now you done made me go and do some research Puglet! Here is what I found. It has to do with Feng Shui which is how humans keep their mojo in good shape and they use plants and flowers to help.
Ever noticed lemons (nimbus) hanging on the entrances of shops? They are believed to ward off the evil eye, according to Hindu superstitious beliefs. Similarly, oranges and lemons are believed to be powerful symbols of fortune, and bring prosperity to the home. They should be placed at the entrance.
So there's what I found out. Hope you guys have a great non-melty weekend.
Megan w/Madgie,Rosie,Emmett&Rosie

Barbara said...

We just read that dogs supposedly hate citrus smell, so it's to keep YOU from peeing on it!!

Robin said...

I found this-Use orange peel for repelling cats. Cats actively dislike anything that smells of citrus. Outside plants you wish to protect should be surrounded with orange peels too, this will help keep the neighborhood cat away!