Thursday, May 29, 2014

WHAT THE BRULEE?!?


So I've been thinking reeeeally hard about my 350 calories. And I finally almost kinda sorta decided on what to get, plus a few other things I can probably score if when my human screws up the math. 

Then yesterday Dutch had a thing with a foxtail and even though he got to eat bagels to fix it (yes, bagels!), my human has decided Dutch should get to pick out our next special food item.

Yeah.

ME: but I'm the starving one!
HUMAN: I'm sure he will pick out something good.
ME: no! He'll pick a food I totally hate so he can hog it. 
HUMAN: uhm, and what food would that be?

Alright, maybe she had a point. But I hate all sorts of eatables. Like... uh... apples. Totally hatable. Oh, and oysters. Nasty. So my human made Dutch promise not to pick out anything with apples or oysters. And about two seconds later he decided MY hijacked calories should be made of Creme Brûlée.

Creme Brûlée?

What the?? I don't exactly know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not French for bacon. Apparently Dutch has been dreaming about Creme Brûlée ever since their food truck started parking around the corner from us. Where's the Bacon Bacon truck when you need it!?!

Anyway. I checked out the Brûlée truck's menu on our PM walk and saw NOTHING even remotely eatable. Half the stuff is chocolate and the rest just sounds weird and nasty. Vanilla Bean. Salted Caramel. Lavender? 

Blech. 

Luckily my human didn't want to add Brûlée on top of bagels so there's still time to change Dutch's mind and save my hijacked calories. Now I just need a plan...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What is Dutch thinking of? That sounds terrible, well maybe if there is whip cream it would be ok, but not great. But then again I eat almost anything. Maybe if you let Dutch have an extra day on the DP he will choose meat for the next treat.
Didn't have my thumbs around yesterday and just saw that weird pillow thing. You should get bacon for just trying out that torture pillow.
Levi

Pearl and Tessa said...

OK Puglet, you obviously have never had Brulee....or you would probably want it. Got a real kick out of some of the names on the list. Bet ya somewhere out there there is a bacon variety.

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

All we know is you will come up with a plan and that is what we are counting on and waiting for!!! You are the best at planning Pug! LOL

Anonymous said...

How bout you add BACON to the creme brulee?

Anonymous said...

Pug you will love creme brûlée just try it! And the you should get bacon for being so brave :)

Meredith LeBlanc said...

They should make bacon brulee just for you, you need it. And you're starving.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Anonymous said...

Puglet, the Brulee is actually pretty good, but we would not recommend lavender AT ALL.
love,
Pearl, Trixie, and Margie

Charlie the Pugster said...

Pug, I wish you lived closer to me! You and I could double team Dutch and bully him away from that crazy people food truck!

Anonymous said...

I love the Brulee, but Neko hates the texture. He said something like it feels like firm Tofu..??

Whatever... have a great weekend, Pug ~

XOXO
Sammy and Neko