Friday, September 18, 2009

ARF

Now that balloon fever is out of my system, I can get on with more pressing things. Y'know, like eating, and napping, and... talking about one of my other #1 favorite topics: recycled canines.

Yesterday my human took me to visit this place called ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation). I'd been to their website before (it's the one with all that really good disaster preparedness info) and was excited to get to visit them for real. A really nice lady named Lynn showed us around and introduced me to some dogs and cats. I'd never met a cat before and didn't know they need humans too.

During our tour, Lynn gave us the lowdown on ARF's mission. I learned they do a LOT more than help homeless pets find a human. For one, they have a special boy/girl parts-removal department. Y'know, to help keep the number of homeless animals under control. And they also have about a million special programs for animals and their people. But the coolest, most specialest thing about ARF is the way they bring people and animals together in so many different ways.

I'm not going to tell you about that right now though. Because even though it's all really good stuff, some of it made my human's eyes leak and I don't want to risk making anyone leak right before the weekend. I'll wait until a Monday or a Tuesday for that.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

We LOVE ARF!!! My 12 year old daughter and her friend volunteer there on weekends, and her Girl Scout troop visited them once. They do such great work, and we're so lucky to have this wonderful resuce organization in our area.
Tiffany and the Love Pug Lola in Lafayette.

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! That is so cool that you got to visit ARF. All kinds of animals need humans, don't they?

I've met some cats before and I liked them. They are a little sly and I don't trust them but overall they are okay.

Good idea to not make anyone leak before the weekend. The weather here is perfect right now and we plan on being outside all weekend.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Tiffany & Lola - I love ARF too! I was a little nervous because animal shelters can be scary. But ARF was a super nice, quiet place. Maybe we will see you there sometime.