Thursday, September 24, 2009

OUT OF COMMISSION

So I was at the park yesterday, just doing my thing, and -- I don't know what happened. One minute I was kicking butt in a game of chase, and next thing you know one of my feet stopped working. It hurt so bad I didn't want to walk on it.

I couldn't walk good enough to get myself home from the park, so my human had to carry me. Talk about embarrassing! But as soon as we got home, she did some stuff to make my foot better. I've been down this road once before and knew the routine: baby aspirin, frozen peas, homeopathic jelly, then to bed.

If my foot doesn't feel better soon, I'll have to go the vet. But that's not the worst of it -- the
last time my foot hurt I had to stay in bed for a whole WEEK. Ugh. So I asked my human if there's anything we can do to speed things up this time. She said if I can elevate my foot - y'know, keep it in the air about my heart - that will keep the swelling down and, somehow, help it get better.

It didn't take very long to find a comfortable position to elevate from. Now I just need to figure out a way to watch Animal Planet upside down.

6 comments:

Stubby said...

Oh Puglet! I can't believe you're out of commission. What a bummer!

Mom sometimes has to carry me back from the park because my legs just give out on me. For me it's not embarrassing because I love being held.

Good job getting the leg elevated. Tell your human to hook a projector to the tv so that you can watch Animal Planet on the ceiling.

Stubby xoxo

Tiffany said...

I got stung by a bee on my foot and started screaming- now THAT'S embarassing! My lady carried me home and up the stairs. Ten she started poking around looking for something called the stinger. She put ice on it and gave me lots of love that day- next day, all was good again.
Hope your foot is better soon- see if you can get some extra cookies today.
Puggy love,
Lola in Lafayette

Anonymous said...

Puglet,
So sorry your out of commission, hope you feel better soon. Brother will kept you company and make you laugh. Wishing you get well soon...Sending pug hugs and kisses your way from South Carolina....

THE PUGLET said...

I can watch Animal Planet on the ceiling?? Cool. I'll see if my human has one of those projectors. This elevating thing gets really boring after awhile.

You really like being carried, Stubby? I don't really like it at all. Makes me feel... small.

Sorry about the bee attack, Lola! I got stung once - right on the snout. My human had to pull the stinger out too. It left a scar and everything. I don't like bees now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet - my human said we met your cousin Sophie and her human at our pug meetups. She was handing out your website on little pieces of paper. We haven't seen her in a while. Do you know if she is going to the Pug-O-Ween?

PS - we hope your foot feels better soon! Love the picture of you and Dutch w/the sushi.

Frodo (NJ Pug)

THE PUGLET said...

How cool you met Sophie! My human met her in NJ once, but I had to stay in California to keep brother Dutch company.

Sophie is going to Pug-O-Ween. I think she'll be dressed up like a pumpkin? Her human will probably be handing out slips of paper this time too - she volunteered to help find me votes for the Hansen's big 'Grand Prize' vote-off. I'll tell her you're already a regular voter :)