Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HEALED

After a very long week of resting, my foot is finally better. YA-HOO!

My human thinks I must have just twisted it the wrong way trying to keep up with the big dogs during a crazy game of chase.
Because my injury wasn't serious, I didn't have to go to the vet. But when I visited ARF a few weeks ago, I did get to play sick in their make-believe animal hospital.

(Playing sick is SO much better than BEING sick, by the way. You get to lie on a table and people fuss all over you, but nobody sticks anything up your butt!
)

Anyway. Lynn, the nice lady who gave us the ARF tour, said ARF's hospital-of-make-believe teaches kids that pets need more than just love (even though we need lots of that too). My human says when you bring an animal into your life, you become responsible for everything he needs. Including expensive trips to the vet.

My human knows all about expensive trips to the vet, so she got me and brother Dutch our own health insurance. She says it can really help keep vet bills manageable. I don't know all that much about it, but I do know it came in reeeallly handy that time I faked a heart attack to save my boy parts.

There's a whole bunch of pet health insurance companies out there and some are better than others. My human said reading real reviews from other humans helped her narrow things down. If you've been wondering whether or not to insure your animal friends, here's a sign you should make a decision today:
Google just told me September is National Pet Health Insurance Month... and tomorrow it turns October.

9 comments:

Taryn said...

Puglet, You are such a good actor! You always have on the appropriate face for whatever scene you are enacting. You deserve an Oscar!

Anonymous said...

Hi Puglet,

I am the mommy of two pugs and have been wondering whether to get pet insurance. Do you think you could ask your human about the whole process? Any one insurance company better than another? Any info is helpful! Thanks!

THE PUGLET said...

Maybe I could be the first Pug in history to win an Oscar. Wonder if it comes with cookies???

THE PUGLET said...

My human gives me Cheerios and Pirate's Booty for acting. I wonder if an Oscar comes with cookies??

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Puglet! Me and my dog brothers all have insurance and our humans love it...I only know that because when we go to the vet they always say thank goodness we have insurance.

Tiffany said...

I had to go to the doctor this past weekend- said I have a bacterial and yeast infection in my ear. My mom said she knew something was wrong even though everything looked normal because I smelled really bad. The visit and medicines were $300! Insurance would have come in handy for that one!
Thanks for the recommendation,
Lola in Lafayette

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, my human says insurance is a really good idea. Just one surprise/emergency vet visit a year more than pays for it.

Grendel, my human's old dog who went to sleep, had a bad back and needed two big surgeries and two of those $5000 MRI thingys. If Grendel hadn't had health insurance, my human says she'd STILL be paying off the vet bills.

Rosie the Party Pug said...

My human uses PetsBest Insurance. My dog brothers told us that when Daisy dog went to sleep it really helped my humans. It sounds like big bills are the last thing humans want to think of when a dog has to go to sleep.

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I agree that you could win an Oscar for you acting. I hope for your sake that the Oscar comes with Popeyes.

I'm glad that you're all healed. I keep telling Mom to get me some insurance but it's falling on deaf ears.

Stubby xoxo